Prove me that you are one true stoic

prove me that you are one true stoic

apathy lmfao

Epicurus is a faggot lol

dude just don't care haha

i'm a highschool dropout

I resist and persist

I'm not, but I want to be some day.

I accept my lot in life but still strive to improve myself on a daily basis through study and physical training.

These two faggots don't get what it's about. Stoicism isn't about giving up and not caring about the world, it's about not worrying over things you have no control over.

The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius are just the ramblings of an old man trying to convince himself he's not afraid of death. Prove me wrong.

Im at a job I hate and I have to work at this place pretty much all the time, all sorts of hours. Reading Meditations helps me get through it for now.

t. someone who never read meditations

Literally just finished reading it. Try again bub.

Mark Aurel was a fucking neckbeard homo who let his dipshit son have the Empire. They say he's one of the five good emperors? No, he was the best worst emperor. Some say Commodus was the turning point, but I beg to differ - it was Hadrian who was the last good Emperor, and even he fucked up by selecting the smart but stoic Marcus Aurelius.

w/e

STOICISM IS THE ETHOS OF RESIGNATION, AND FATALISTIC DILIGENCE; IT IS THE ETHOS OF "THE LAST MAN".

>Filename
That isn't Marcus Aurelius, lad. It's Caracalla.

>unironically taking heed of a syphilitic madman cucktinental """philosopher"""
literally lmaoing @ u rn

YOUR REPLY IS FALLACIOUS AND NONSEQUITURIAL.

I thought Caracala was black?

Good man. Me too. I'm not convinced it's a truly obtainable goal but rather a mountain top to strive for.

It's a meme my dude.

>it's about not worrying over things you have no control over.
So, like Taoism, I guess?

when i'm fucking i remember it's just a membrane

I spent last night before bed imagining my dog dying.

try reading Hadot's Inner Citadel, chump.

I don't know why people think Meditations is actually a good intro to Stoicism, Seneca is far superior.

When the neighbor tunes up his loud speaker but I just continue on studying for hours?

Caracala and the rest of the Severans were from north-Africa. They were not black.

>Caracala
Sam person.

Not possible.

i don't fuck little boys

I cannot control whether or not you think I am a true stoic, as such I shouldn't bother.