Why does this autism persists?

Why does this autism persists to this day?
Just why?
They should do like the Vietnamese did.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5hG4T7GJXH8
phonetic-blog.blogspot.com/2009/05/word-initial.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They can all read it even though Chinese languages aren't mutually intelligible

I've always asked myself the same thing, I think it's to increase their IQ so they keep it until genetic engineering becomes popular.

this actually slows their IQ development as they start serious reading later in their life

>i don't understand how logographs work
Protip, in the chinese writing system, people can speak two mutually unintelligible languages but can understand each if they write down what they're trying to say

that's pretty crazy

You can't actually read or speak Chinese, can you?

Let's put aside all discussion of the merits of logographies in general (i.e. they're more information-dense, can be quicker to read, but a lot harder to learn and type, etc).

Even ignoring all that, Chinese would be an absolute bitch and a half to read if you used an alphabetic system. Even with tone marks, I cannot imagine reading any substantial text written in pinyin, bopomofo, etc, without developing a massive stress-headache. There are just too many homophones.

Me and my chink buddies read and understand Don Quixote in sixth grade because good print quality books cost around 2 dollars apiece and the translations made it really easy for us to read.

American books are expensive as fuck and the letters are tiny. It is as if (((they))) don't want you to read.

These and culture

Recap:

>Chinese is rife with homophones because of its analytic and isolating character
>Readily intelligible to people who speak widely divergent “dialects” that may be as mutually intelligible as any two romance languages
>Culturally important to Chinese people — Vietnamese adopted it because they were dominated by Chinese culture, you can see why the Chinese themselves would be less quick to ditch logographs. Same with Korea.

They should just accept one national language.

>There are just too many homophones.
japanese has far more homophones and they only use kanji when its convenient

>They should just accept one national language.
This is actually the real reason why written language revision has been put on hold. The government wants (and according to most linguists, needs) to unify the spoken language first before they can even consider overhauling the written language.

Have you ever read anything in Japanese? The vast majority of it is written using kanji. Kana are primarily used for affixes and particles. Try reading an all kana children's book and you'll quickly realize how efficient and useful kanji are, especially in a language that doesn't use spaces to separate words.

you forgot that hiragana is also a syllabary, and accounts for most of each each sentence.

again, kanji is pretty much only used in sentences where they indicate a core grammatical element. when spoken, there are almost no tones, so a syllable like 'go' can mean dozens of different things. japanese is still an efficient and effective language regardless of ambiguity

Written Vietnamese is fucking awful though

At least it's not autistic stone age characters like chinese/japanese.

>their system has been working for them for hundreds of years
>but they should stop it because I don't like it

Where is that? A train passing through blocks of houses. That's really dangerous.

>They should do like the Vietnamese did.
You say that as if Vietnam had a say in it.

Also French latinization of Vietnamese is so fucked up:
>Spelled "Nguyen"
Pronunciation: Wen.
>Spelled "Tran."
Pronunciation: Chan.

No fucking wonder, it came from people who can't even use the alphabet correctly.
>"Francois" = Franswah

A E S T H E T I C S

A U T I S M

It's Asia, user. They don't care.

youtu.be/5hG4T7GJXH8

are u retarded? just ask yourself why the west still with this autistic roman age characters

Because they fucking work.
They are super easy to learn and read and write.
Not some fucking stone age drawings of turtles like the chinese characters.

>Because they fucking work.
If they worked as well as Chinkscript did, the Roman Empire would still be around today :^)

>>Spelled "Nguyen"
>Pronunciation: Wen.
>>Spelled "Tran."
>Pronunciation: Chan.

Lmao, Vietnamese here, it's not, it's phonetic. The second is a bit correct, became Northerers tend to pronounce /ʈ͡ʂ/ as /c/ (tr -->ch). But not Southerners.

You see Nguyễn as Wen because you speak a European languages, with no /ŋ/ initial words and very few triphthongs, if you have them as all.

phonetic-blog.blogspot.com/2009/05/word-initial.html

This too. The characters looks nice and calligraphy is considered very important.

Not the other guy but kanji makes up a huge part of the average Japanese sentence. It would be ok for children to write mostly in kana, but an adult would be consideres illiterate if they wrote that way. Pic related is a random example of Japanese writing

Should Korean writing start to use hanja again?

You're forgetting that China can use a sound based system besides the Latin Alphabet right? They should just create one of their own that's designed around the Chines languages. Like how Korea invented Hangul instead of using western letters.

It would make the reading faster.

Might as well so they could read their historical records and stop claiming shit from Japan & China.

Well there's Nüshu but it doesn't look that nice.

how does that work?

wtf

>changing an entire writing system when the country has hardly any problems with literacy anymore

Yeah, I'm sure they'll change it just to make it easier for whiteys to learn. Right after the Anglophones change their entire grammar and spelling rules to make it easier for the gooks to learn English, of course.

I heard once that during the Ming period the language was intentionally made more complex by scribes so that only scribes would be able to read it, meaning there would be more jobs for scribes. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Why don't the Chinese use Pinyin with tones, but then for all the homophones, add a further small mark above each word, like a character but much smaller and simple but also unique to every homophone word.

If not that, they could still simplify Chinese characters a lot further than they have and still have each one unique and easily identifiable, they really are unnecessarily complicated, i understand why they use it and its benefits but they can simplify them by like 50% more further.
Asians learn English much easier than the reverse. Especially the Chinese since they are taught through Pinyin and type using Pinyin, and English words are fucking everywhere in China too and they all watch western TV.

Im in China right now.

Combine hanja and hangul and you will have a better reading speed.

Well if you search for the evolution of scripts you'll discover that ours is a lot more advanced than theirs. It's only logical, like with technology, to adapt to newer and better options.

This may have been a reason in the past but nowadays they have Standard Mandarin which is used in schools, media, government etc. and is also the language the written language is based on. Typing Standard Mandarin pronunciation of characters in western alphabet is the method of writing on computers for the vast majority of Chinese.

In the PRC there are already books written in Pinyin. At least that was what I heard. So in a way they're already part ways towards ditching characters. But since the PRC uses ugly as shit simplified, they might as well.