Chart Thread

dumping Veeky Forums charts that have been made so far. taking requests, though i can't guarantee i can make it right away.
the subjects requested and most in demand, it seems, are:
>french revolution
>holy roman empire/medieval germany
>american civil war
>minoan/mycenaean greece
>venice, florence and renaissance italy
>japan
>early islamic history
>british empire
>vietnam war/ cold war
>huns/ mongols/ steppe peoples and empires
feel free to request subjects that need to be covered urgently or that you'd want to see

China, all 5000 years

yes chinese charts are a must. but since thats a huge task we should focus on the periods that most interest people first like, say, the qin dynasty or the ming or song or tang ones.

also, the more specific the topic requested the easier and quicker it is for me to make the chart. a chart on the taiping rebelling, for example, would be quick for me to make because there are only so many english scholars who have dedicated time to it.

I can't remember if I made a part two to this

ok found it. i plan three more charts on the hellenistic age: hellenistic greece, jews in the hellenistic age and a chart on alexander the great and his campaigns

this along with the sami one above are all i have on northern europe so far. future charts i can think of would be on the swedish empire (and the vasas and reformation), kingdom of denmark, medieval scandinavia, the vikings and maybe modern scandinavia since the french revolution. also, iceland could have a chart of its own.

phoencians. i hope to find more works on them in the future but this is what i've gathered so far.

carthage

philistines/sea peoples, samaritans, canaanites

ancient near east

ancient israel

etruscans

the one roman chart i've made. very inadequate imo. i hope to make a better chart on republican rome and on other such topics as social history, warfare, slavery, imperialism, art, early principate and maybe biographies of the key players

this user has made a few charts. i forgot to save his roman one but this is his one on byzantium.

this and the last one are related to late antiquity. charts on the barbarian invasions, ostrogoths, vandals and the like can be made, alongside ones on WRE and the ERE.

made by another user on german colonial empire

origins of nazis part 1

part 2/2

a chart of favorite books made by an user here

last one i have

bump

bump

>5000 years

Anyone have Roman one?

these are the only ones so far. what on rome are you interested in

Really thankful you've put these together OP. They're very helpful, and must take quite a bit of time to make. I look forward to your chart on the French Revolution!

Out of the books I looked up, they were all $50+ textbooks. Are all books in the lists like this? Otherwise my library is gonna get pretty damn expensive

did you try libgen.io and b-ok.org for free books? they don't have everything but you can get a fair amount from there. otherwise just use a public library and interlibrary loans if they don't have the book on hand

The one with podcast. It was the same type as that Byzantine one

Ah yeah i had forgotten to save it ill look in the archives later and post it here

Patrick Hunt just released a really great book on Hannibal this month (like a week ago).

Also obligatory votes, working on collecting books on these my self as well.

>Archaic/Classical Greece (with Sicily)
>Venice
>Ragusa, Amalfi, Pisa
>Iron Age Celts (Halstatt and La tene)
>Migration Period (Vandals, Frank's, etc.) Peter Heather's Empires and Barbarians is an awesome intro.
>Anglo-saxons
>Norse (swedes, Danes, Norwegian trade, exploration, mercenaries, mythology, etc)
>Dutch republic
>Novgorod Republic
>Majapahit/Srivijaya
>Crusades/Baltic crusades

bump

Always happy to see these threads

Have any Byzantine ones laying around?

It's in the thread