How do you guys manage to make money daytrading...

How do you guys manage to make money daytrading, every coin I buy end up not moving a lot and I'm just winning like 1 euro every now and then. Btw I'm only practising for now so I only have 30 dollars on my bittrex account.

you make 1 dollar with 30, they make 1k with 30k

by not daytrading, usually

20% of my stack is for "daytrading" by which I mean I do leveraged trades on bitmex which I never like sleeping on, I open and close trades on the same day

without leveraging or a huge investment that could shake order books, I don't think you're going to be able to consistently get good returns daytrading in crypto

Don't daytrade, HODL short and long term on ICO and floor-price coins

Put $1,000 in. I was making $20 per trade, with the occasional $45 here and there.
>buy low
>sell high

So I only need to invest more capital ?

The thing is I would like to try to make more money before going all in, that's why I'm trying to daytade because it seems like the most profitable thing to do with only like 30 dollars.

the most profitable thing to do with 30 dollars would be going all in on a promising shitcoin on like, cryptopia, really.

how much do you think you're going to make with 30 dollars anyways, making a 3.3% return a day if you successfully trade once a day is already pretty good.

>without leveraging or a huge investment that could shake order books
when you trade with leverage ist the same as if you place a big order with the difference that you get a loan to do so

both have the same result in the order book

Ok I see.

Btw guys if you think a coin is undervalued do you just hold it until the market see it's potential and it's price rise up ? Because I feel like when you do this you're kind of losing money that could be made with other coin in the meantime.

one of many reasons you can only trade with leverage on the big boy coins

bittrex won't leverage your ARK trade is what I mean\

This

The only way to make a lot of money daytrading is with a lot of capital.

Also don't forget that in the current market everything is growing so it's not that hard to make money. We might be in for a hard correction soon

i'd rather go for sure things than trying to chase every pump

coins I think are gonna go nuts on places like cryptopia get like, 1% of my total btc anyways, it's money I'm not gonna miss

once you have a few grand in, you're gonna find that you're gonna want to spread out your investments, some things I just won't touch until they get listed on the bigger exchanges, some things I think are gonna light up in 1-2 weeks, and like I said I don't let my leveraged trades go for longer than a few hours.

meant to link this

oh, sure thats true

What exchange do you use for leverage trades?

Ok thanks a lot, btw do you know any ressources which could help me get into cryptocurrency ?

bitmex because sometimes I'll put a very small amount of money at 100x leverage and say fuck it if I get liquidated, but that's essentially gambling at that point if I'm gonna be real with you

use a vpn if you're american, you only need it to deposit btc, not use the site in general

follow everyone that looks like they know what they're talking about on twitter and keep track of what their success rates are, that's how I started

then I read up on babypips to learn how to analyze on my own

trading on bittrex for most things, have a few things I think are diamonds in the rough on cryptopia (eqt, msp, etc.) and bitmex for leveraged trading only

for daytrading like you want to do, I would get used to momentum indicators and reading them, read up on bollinger bands, stochastics/RSI primarily

Ok thanks a lot user, btw are you investing or daytrading or both ?

all of the above, but in general I'd say 90% of coins are still really pumped from earlier this year so the majority of my money is in swing trading where I'll only hold something for like 2 months max and usually settle for less than 100% pumps

if you can get a really good entry on a new coin though, invest like 1-5% in it and don't trade until it goes bananas

I got in the MSP ICO and i'm up over 400% and still don't feel a need to sell a cent of it because I invested so little into it and I know it still has huge upside for instance

I started a few days ago and I've already made a few hundred bucks OP. I'm not even "day trading", just putting my money into promising coins and holding. I bought 100usd of 0x tokens for example, and now they're worth 200usd. Ezaf

Ok thanks flor the advice

Damn I feel so bad compared to the gains people make here... but gratz !

>30 dollar investment
>cries because 2 dollar return is not enough

Go fuck your self retard, you need money to make money