How would colonialism in Africa developed if the World Wars never happened?

How far would the Europeans have gone with their civilizing mission/genocide/resource extraction? Would we have seen more situations like the Germans massacring the Herero in Namibia? Would there be actual white African countries with 130+ years of uninterrupted colonialism? Or would the continent just be a bunch of Rhodesias and South Africas, with a minority white ruling class and large black underclass?

And in your opinion, would Africa as a whole be better off today?

*how would colonialism in Africa develop

damn typos

>Image is both upside down and mirrored
I thought I was reading Russian

The World Wars were going to happen one way or another because of colonialism. For WWI not to happen there must first be no colonialism.

I thought the World Wars were caused by great power rivalries and grievances in continental europe more than anywhere else. After all, if the key was colonialism, why did the Fashoda Crisis not spark an Anglo-French War?

They great powers would not be great without the benefits of imperialism. There would not be grievances without the imagined community of nationalism spurned by imperialism.

mong

>They great powers would not be great without the benefits of imperialism.
But that has little impact on whether or not they would fight one another. European states have been going to war since long before any of them had colonies.

>There would not be grievances without the imagined community of nationalism spurned by imperialism
Nationalism was spurred by the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars. They didn't just start because of colonialism. And there will always be grievances between rival states in close proximity to one another.

Some nobleman gets assassinated by a member of a nationalist movement in a colonial territory, kickstarting hostilities and tangled alliances that eventually escalate into a World War.

"Nobleman gets assassinated by nationalists" isn't an automatic trigger for war. Plenty of anarchists and nationalists went after heads of state and nobility in the 19th and early 20th century, even managed to kill some of them, and nothing really went wrong until Gavrilo Princip shot Franz Ferdinand. And a war wouldn't have to spiral into a World War, a "minor" conflict between a few great powers could happen without turning into a world war. Look at the Russo-Japanese War, the Franco-Prussian War, the Crimean War, the Russo-Turkish War, etc. .

I know it's not likely that a World War wouldn't happen, but it's a possibility, and I'm asking this question based on the assumption that it doesn't.

you just unfixed it

Why would you think that the text is in any way relevant to the question?

What would happen to geopolitics if there was a race of not-jews that can turn into titans and they are all controlled by one nation?

That's probably a question for alternatehistory.com's fantasy board....I'm asking about colonialism in real-life Africa.

But the picture clearly is from a titan infested world

Only if you read a specific comic book. To pretty much everyone else it's just a sloppy map of Africa.

Why is your pic upside down and back to front you cunt

Imperialism is not colonialism you brainlet

Doesn´t change the fact that the map is from that specific chink cartoon

What manga is this?

Attack on Titan

The manga is 1000x better than the anime

What the hell? Is that in the recent chapters or something? I've only read it until they beat up the conspirator guy who kidnapped that Historia girl.

>How far would the Europeans have gone with their civilizing mission/genocide/resource extraction?
Wouldn't make much difference in the greater scheme of things. A combination of political liberalization in Europe and resistance in Africa would lead to their increasing autonomy and eventual independence.

>Would we have seen more situations like the Germans massacring the Herero in Namibia?
Situations like this are inevitable in any outcome. The question is on what scale. Without the cold war arguably there would be a lot less war, though there would be more wars whereby Europeans put down colonial rebellions as opposed to newly independent countries fighting civil wars.

>Would there be actual white African countries with 130+ years of uninterrupted colonialism?
There would be more white people but it is unlikely there would be fully white countries unless voortrekkers or some other group form their own small state.

>Or would the continent just be a bunch of Rhodesias and South Africas, with a minority white ruling class and large black underclass?
I doubt they would remain under white rule for 130 years, they would likely follow the same path as India to independence except a few decades later as technology changes the world.

> they would likely follow the same path as India to independence

that doesn't quite make sense. the india independence movement was one born from ww2 and britain allowed it to occur because they didn't have the manpower after ww2 to prevent indian independence. without a ww2, and the starvation that the british inflicted on indians during ww2, the indian people would likely be a colony today.

Yeah turns out they are just a bunch of backwater inbreds on Madagascar and the rest of the world is fine.

>The manga is 1000x better than the anime
Other way around for this case

>britain allowed it to occur because they didn't have the manpower after ww2 to prevent indian independence
This is the most relevant point and doesn't contradict what I said. Even a small African country could appeal to liberal voters in Britain and stir up civil disobedience and international outrage, failing that they could wage a guerrilla war indefinitely and make occupation a huge net loss. This is what I meant by "the same path", obviously they wouldn't tread precisely the same path.