Other urls found in this thread:

tapproject.net/
gamecredits.com/
gameunits.org/
csgolounge.com/
dota2lounge.com/
dmarket.io/assets/documents/DMarket_white_paper_EN.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>whats the incentive for the gaming industry to adopt this?

I think this has potential

if D2JSP is still alive using the forum gold system that you buy with real money then this can and certainly will be humongoid.

website looks really cool I gotta say, the idea is also not bad I just wonder how all this is really gonna work but I guess they will make their own trading platform. could work out pretty well but I think there currently are a few people trying to do that.

tapproject.net/
gamecredits.com/
gameunits.org/

I guess the USP of Dmarket is to not provide a "game currency" but rather just a platform for trading items if I understand it right ? Other than that there are more and more projects that try to create a universal gaming token.

I like the idea of creating a marketplace more than making an ingame currency and trying to get developer support as others are trying so DMarket might have a better shot at actually achieving something. I doubt you could get companies like Valve to include your token but you could always just create a website and include the Steam API to make them tradablle into your tokens which then can buy other stuff so I like that approach more than the others.

Minimal goal to start: 5,000,000 DMarket tokens
Token exchange rate: 1 ETH = 1,000 DMarket tokens
Minimum transaction amount: 0.1 ETH

$309.58, so 30 buck will get you 100 Dmarket

what will be the total supply?

Start date: 17th of August 2017 (12:00 PM NYC Time, UTC-4)
End date: 21th of August 2017 (12:00 PM NYC Time, UTC-4)
DMarket tokens distribution cap (Phase #1): 50,000,000 DMarket tokens

I think the big question this project will have to answer is basically what their unique selling point is.

>Why use this instead of the Steam marketplace ?
I am guessing lower fees and possible cross platform trading would be the choice here

>How doable is cross platform trading really ?
I mean cross game is pretty easy you can just use the Steam API but then you dont provide a service that isnt already available so the big selling point would be being able to trade between Steam and other platforms. The problem here is I dont think Battle.NET, UPlay or Origin have something like a trading API or global inventory and mostly dont even have ingame item trading so I dont know how many games outside of Steam you could possibly support I doubt very many right now.

I think it's a great idea, and if this get some steam in the gaming community, this crypto could have huge valorization compared to the ICO price. I would buy some 300$ of it if I wasn't a poor faggot NEET.

also

the idea is good but how would you do it ? almost all the big games either dont support global trading or use the steam marketplace. there is no way they could get companies like EA, Ubisoft or Blizzard to join their side so how could they possibly integrate their games into their system ?

And if they only provide Steam marketplace games for trading there isnt much value to their platform. I do like their idea but the practicality is the big question here. Everybody can draw a fancy diagram like or but the chances of actually implementing cross game trading from Overwatch to CSGO like they are suggesting is very slim unless Battle.net has a global inventory and trading API I am not aware of.

So the money question is: will they be able to connect big companies to accept their API communication? Do they need any company approval for that? Your post was very well made, and the points were fair.

Would you bet some bucks on it? The most value see is that the money would be used intensively by the gamers if it ever got some movement

And it will provide the currency for trading items in different games.

DMarket token is represented by DMarket coins. It will be used across the DMarket platform, and will not be limited by the platform in the future. DMarket coins will be used:
As a currency, in case of buying/selling in-game items
For deducting fees for trading in-game items
To distribute profits among digital property copyright holders
For premium account acquisition for wholesalers and retailers
For BigData-analytics acquisition
To postpone service fees, based on smart contracts which are sourced from one DMarket user to another

What if they already had talked with major games/companies, and got a way to link major AAA games or super famous esports? How to make sure they can really do it? Reading their tweets and shit?

>So the money question is: will they be able to connect big companies to accept their API communication?

The way I see it yes, I mean only using the Steam marketplace and having lower fees and good trading support could already give them moderate success but the big question is can they connect Steam to one or more of the other big players.

And I dont know if I would bet on it, I think it would be smart for Blizzard and EA to move in that direction and provide a global inventory because Steam has made a lot of money through their marketplace so it only makes sense for them to move in that direction too. Once they do that writing bots, implementing the API and providing trades between the platforms is rather easy.

But the ball is in the court of Blizzard and EA for now and unless they already plan to move in that direction (which would make sense but is not necessarily the case) it is gonna be hard to convince such big companies to change their direction.

>Would you bet some bucks on it?
I think the project can have moderate success without the big players, but I am not sure if I am taking that bet. I guess you would have to research how likely it is for Origin/Battlenet/Uplay to adopt a global inventory and trading system because if they do this could become huge.

I think the easiest way to do it is with global trading systems but it could certainly also be done with ingame trading systems only.

The thing is I dont know how many of the top games have ingame trading systems, I think quite a few but certainly not all. They could also use those systems which is way more work to do but might have a better chance of success than trying to wait for the big players to provide global trading themselfes.

Sorry for the newb question but how do take part in the token sale?

Nope, not buying. The issue will be giving this shit to players and accepting it.

Suppose I wanna buy some rune armor from RS. I buy on their site but I still need to get it delivered in person.

And I doubt companies will bother integrating their code with DMarket shit.

This is dodgy because steam trading fees are obnoxious(30%) but also give Valve a huge incentive to destroy competition.
If this gets too big expect it to get sued to high heavens.

yeah i also don't get the point in using items from GTA in CS or whatever?

I think it's more like.
>sell cs items for tokens
>use tokens to buy GTA items
can get big if they can get it to work

not necessarily look at csgolounge.com/ or dota2lounge.com/

Both use the Steam API to set up trades between 2 players and Valve doesnt get any money from it and they are definitely big enough for Valve to know about it.

Yeah that's why they would probably need global trading on the big platforms instead of integrating every game 1 by 1 with custom bots and stuff. Steam trading works very well actually and sites like I linked above are very easy to use to set up trades or bet skins. But most games dont have this system implemented yet and apart from Steam no big platform provides this service yet as far as I know.

you dont use CS items in GTA, you go on their site, log in with the Steam API and trade your item with some guy who would (in theory) would have connected his Rockstar Account or something and you could swap your item with his. That's the plan and there is definitely a big market for it, the hard part is connecting the big games because most dont have global inventory like Steam does. Or instead of trading (maybe as an alternative) it could work like this Just look at the sites linked above they are doing the exact thing only limited to certain games and only using Steam API.

D market?
Do we really need another tinder for this generation of females?

Anyone who unironically buys this shit is a brainlet.

"oohhhh fancy website!! meme buzzwords!!! DECENTRALIZED!! TOKEN!!! WOAH!!!"

This is a fucking idea for a website. It's not a fucking token that needs to be printed from thin air and sold to normie retards in an ICO.

I fucking hate what crypto has become. Complete and utter trash.

Fuck you OP and fuck anyone buying this garbage.

I'm not buying, because I'm a bum neet faggot

also not a bad idea to integrate it directly into the games, this is gonna take time though and wont support the big games of today. If they can get this to work though and create an easy to use API for the average developer to integrate global trading this would be very good.

But the big bucks in trading are between the big games in the industry, it is very hard to estimate how much volume their really would be in trading between smaller games. I guess you could estimate it if you are really autistic by trying to estimate the trading volume on steam outside of the top 10 games or so and see which number you will come up with. That would probably be a good estimate of how much money there is in this if it gets moderate levels of adoption but doesnt support the big games.

dmarket.io/assets/documents/DMarket_white_paper_EN.pdf

Here is their paper, I'm taking a good look at everything I can find of them. Maybe I will put my money there.(If I can get some)

Great.

So make an "ebay" but for video game items. Figure out the logistics. Develop the API. Let people trade in USD or BTC or whatever the fuck they want. Market your site. Build a player base and actually create something useful. And then you can take a small % of each trade and you'll do alright for yourself.

But no, see, that actually takes real work. And actually involves doing something.

These morons have none of that infrastructure, no user base, no working product whatsoever. But they can jump on the "DUDE DECENTRALIZED TOKENS" meme and make a special "token". Never mind why the hell something like this needs its own token. Truth is, you don't. You don't even need blockchain. The in-game trades are centralized making your whole system centralized. But forget all that. Just copy/paste a """whitepaper""", throw up a fancy meme website, and hire some shills to hype your product on Veeky Forums and some other random forums.

Now you can sell your retarded fucking, useless, soon-to-be worthless shit tokens to morons who are just looking for a quick buck.

It's pathetic.

You have no concept of crypto and neither does this """team""".

You sound like a faggot who has no idea what he is talking about, but that must spread his negative loser mindset all around. I'm researching this stuff to see if it's worth it.

would they also use their token for the items?

could go big then, only downside is the fluctuation of the coin then or do you think they will use a different coin for items

Steam only does that with valve games, cs, dota and that other one that I forget it's name now, the one that came with orange box.

You're a retarded poorfag chasing pump and dumps. You have no understanding of crypto and never will.

I feel pity for people like you being lured in to scams by fancy websites with shit products that will never succeed. You enrich undeserving dev teams and only encourage more ICO frauds to pop up. You are actively harming real crypto.

retarded angry words for a retarded angry faggot
you seem really frustrated, whats wrong, pal buddy? the overwhelming pressure of being a loser is too much on your back?

Why are you so buttfrustrated

Who is this and why do I want to rape her face so hard?

You didn't even look at the site at all I assume, the CEO runs the second biggest csgo skin site. And in the roadmap you can see that it's planned to be used on his site which will for sure make it gain some steam.
The second point I have is that the co owner also owns Na'Vi, one of the most popular esports teams. Do you really think he would involve himself publicly in such a big "scam"?
I'm not saying that this will turn huge in any capacity, what I am saying is that it's way more legitimate than you make it sound.

Before you call things stupid maybe you should take ten seconds and actually look at it fuckwit.

Also as a side note, I'm pretty sure their block chain architect, the developer of Dash (top 8 crypto) has maybe a little bit of a grasp on crypto currency. Just a guess though.

don't bother talking to this feral nigger

Enjoy the bags. I'm done.

That's exactly the response I expected. Another dismissing comment with no actual defense of your "point".

fuck off fag, ignore if you want, I will post here when this shows up to be a great investiment

2.5m accumulated already, this is gonna be gud

30 minutes, I'm still not decided to go in on this shyt

5 minutes niggers, I'm going all in, wish me luck

10% promotion, this shit is going well

don't let this pass, fools

$4m in first hour compared to $200m in first hour for filecoin, not too promising

They're litteraly double their goal and 25% of their max possible in the first hour, idk how that's not doing good??

They did a pre-sell, and got 2.5mn

>Buying this over Avalon
wew

How risky is this to buy in the US? I didn't know it wasn't allowed until after I made an account because it doesn't say anywhere but terms and conditions.

Buy and hold, I'm telling you

risky how, as an investment or as a potential scam?

As in it's against their terms.

Weird, I saw that too, but thought it was due to my geolocation being detected as non-yankee

Your coins show up yet? I bought mine like an hour ago and nothing yet

>send items you want to trade to your wallet
>look for shit you want
>set up trade
>???
>profit

Why are you so stupid?

How do you even send ETH/BTC and get these coins? I want to participate in the ICO but I have never done it before.

Create account, send to address on account page.

and how would you do that in Overwatch for example where there is no trading system ?

I don't see any names in the op just symbols of popular games

I would dosregard it as marketing strategy what would be a red flag

wtf does that mean?

Once it becomes a marketable ICO you'll be able to hold it in your own personal wallet I'm assuming.

>2017
>buying games

So I'll ask again, has anyone actually received any verification that they purchased DMarket? It's been a few hours and it still says I have 0.

U have to fill in your ETH / BTC adress in your acc on the HP, then u see your tokens

what makes you think avalon will be profitable? genuinely curious, haven't heard much about avalon