Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums

I'm watching this video of Thomas Sowell, about his book "Conquest and Cultures", and he makes an interesting point:

The radical difference of the kinds of animals found in Europe and Americas for taming and labor.

Like there was no cow, horse, camels or Ox alike in Americas to plow or transportation.

i fund very interesting point the ability of theming animals and the development of civilization itself.

Anyone here has some material about or something like that I can read? is this discussion suitable for this board?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/06/010608081621.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=WAoNhacojmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why didn't they just domesticate the buffalo?

Sounds like Guns, Germs, and Steel.

Yep, i know this work, but i was searching something more like :

how human "enslavement" of animal " is indistinguishable from civilization process.

This is pretty common knowledge here, lurk more newfag OP

The available plants matter more tee bee aytch

Thomas Sowell's culture series predates Guns, Germs, and Steal.

This. Sowel is our guy and only tankies and Nazis will disagree.

Those things are big and retarded.

As I said previously Sowel is /ourguy/, most of Veeky Forums points are quality.

But! Y no farming in north america like aztecs etc furthermore Y no domesticated turkey???? Like chicken in the old world.

Alright fair point. Injuns might actually be retarded. They don't go bald though.

There was lots of farming in North America. Pretty much everywhere besides the great plains and great basin was practicing agriculture. And the turkey was domesticated, in Mesoamerica.

This is a fine point, but there's no reason to think the geography wouldn't provide a feedback mechanism to the genome. This would only be accelerated by the advent of civilization and widespread conquest and genocide. I haven't seen this vid but if it's along the lines of GG&S as other anons are saying, it's only one side of the story. I would check out "the 10,000 year explosion"

He's a sellout coon. Don't bother with his bullshit, he's a pawn for the white man.

>As I said previously Sowel is /ourguy/, most of Veeky Forums points are quality.
fuck off, sowell shill. he's just mediocre ideologue who /pol/ likes to elevate to signal "im not racist! look i like this house nigger who also thinks niggers are lazy!"

>sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/06/010608081621.htm

Huh, what did they mean by this?

Yeah, an interesting "what if" is what if the Inca had bread a horse-sized llama?

Buffalos are the Abos of cows: astoundingly stupid and aggressive.

I'm 70% certain the Aztecs had domestic turkey.

Well many parts of Central and South America did have access to Llamas, and as it turns out those do seem to be the places where they've established more of a civilization rather than just tribes and confederacies.

Horses were domesticated on anatolian lands. Eurangutans didn't do nuffin but steal that merit from them.

Llamas and vicunas have been bred to give them wool, meat and some help for carrying weight.

Amerindians were in the beginning of the bronze age even though they reached America 15000 years after eurangutans settled on europe.

Incas were superior to europeans. Get over it.

>"im not racist! look i like this house nigger who also thinks niggers are lazy!"

How is that wrong? There are very vew negros like Sowell who reject the negro "victim" culture.

Assblasted nigger who is perpetually butthurt over Thomas Sowel calling out nigger culture detecdted.

>Central America
>llamas

>the ability of theming animals and the development of civilization itself.
That's great and everything, but Mesoamerica had no access to tamed beasts of burden and they developed several highly advanced cultures.
There's also evidence of the development of similar cultures in the American Southwest and Plains before the abandoning of the developing cities in said area (eg. Chaco Canyon, Cahokia etc) for some reason.

Guns, Germs, and Steel reads more like an excuse generator for Sub-Saharan Africa's lack of a cradle of civilization and actively ignores the cradles of civilization in the Andes and Mesoamerica.

>yfw he put "Akshully Irish were practically slaves too" meme in his otherwise well done Black Rednecks and White Liberals

ffs man, why did he have to put this /pol/-tier garbage in his book

>His later columns comparing Obama to Hitler

Really disappointing stuff.

>who /pol/ like to elevate

As usual, /pol/ doesn't know what the fuck it's talking about. Yes, they try to pass Sowell off as the "le based redpilled black guy", but that's not actually who he is. Read his response to the Bell Curve, he's pretty good at putting neo-nazi "muh IQ disparity" stuff in the trash.

>An economist tries to speak like he knows shit about history.

Already watched this episode

>What is timbuktu

It's true and it's a shame seeing him used that way. Sowell's stuff is genuinely must-read. And not in a "he's great relative to low black standards" kind of way. No, his stuff is genuinely recommended reading by normal standards.

Unfortunately, he occasionally espouses shitty conservatard talking points. But the good points he does make, make up for it imo.

Arab colony

Explain Ashanti, Mali, Loango, Swahili

A meme really. It was the biggest center of scholarship in West Africa, but West Africa itself was peripheral to the Islamic world so that doesn't mean much, plus by the time it became a center of scholarship the Islamic world was already growing intellectually stagnant. So nothing important ever came out of it.

Also a meme. It was founded by local Tuareg nomads and it's scholars were mostly local, though often claiming distant Arab ancestry as Muslims everywhere tended to do.

>it's a black economics pop"sci" episode

>studying human history
>believes the races to be equal

youtube.com/watch?v=WAoNhacojmM

>>What is timbuktu
A shithole temporarily made wealthy by Arabs, but then the Arabs left and it reverted to a shithole.

>Explain Ashanti, Mali, Loango, Swahili
Why are you listing civilisations younger than Mesopotamia?

Up

Someone probably already recommend it but I'm not reading the thread. In case they haven't, check out Guns, Germs, and Steel

There's a great chapter about domestication of farm animals, and of crops themselves, in "Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind". I think the section in the book fits your description perfectly.

The American Bison "buffalo" is 6 feet tall and 2000 pounds. They can outrun and out jump a horse.

they also don't have an exploitable family structure. one of the ways you tame and domesticate animals, is by making humans recognized as the alpha of an animal's social group. some herd animals don't have alphas and just form massive herds for mutual protection.

corn, potatoes, squash, beans, etc

they had advanced farming techniques like Three Sisters and dead fish for fertilizer.

Mansa is 100% west african