THE SWEDISH EMPIRE

Of the successful European countries, Scandinavian countries remain one of the few western areas that never created colonies.

You have been sent back in time with a laptop and a portable solar laptop charger. You will take on the life of king "Eric IX of Sweden". Afterwards, you will be continually reborn into your first male child after you die in your new body.

Your mission is to create a Swedish Empire that dominates the world and makes Swedish the lingua franca of the world.

Objectives:

>conquer the Americas before the Spanish, British, and French
>dominate trade routes
>expand trade in your region and make your country prosperous
>conquer strategic islands that help you maintain naval dominance
>dominate your European neighbors militarily and economically
>make the Swedish Empire feared across the world

---

Questions to make this thread interesting:

What type of religion do you adopt for your country?

How do you expand and build an empire?

Will you practice slavery like the British and Spanish? Will you participate in the African Atlantic slave trade? If yes, why? If not, why not?

How will you accumulate capital in a time of mercantilism and where might is right.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sweden
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_overseas_colonies
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

> implying Russia would allow OPs faggotry

Marry into German nobility. Crusade in the Baltics. Found Prussia early. Divert HRE on the 3rd Crusade toward Constantinople. Stay there after to watch it for the HRE. When Barbarossa drowns, crown myself Emperor in the East. Should be able to fund colonial efforts in the Americas quite easily with export profits. Even if I can't hold onto Constantinople looting it would definitely give one the capital to begin.
Plan would be almost impossible to execute, and would probably take many restarts. Moreso since I have no formal training governing a kingdom or a colonial empire.

>never created colonies
*finns reeeeing*

I don't like the moral implications of literally stealing my son's life so I don't think I'll reproduce..

I'll leave Sweden to the Brits they'll know what to do.

You can smell the Swedish poster behind this thread.
Why can't the Swedes have an interest in history that isn't about childlike nationalist alt-hist fantasies or celebrating some uninteresting battles against Danes?

Craft breech loading rifles or muskets and dominate Europe.

Consolidate Europes wealth into Sweden and invest it in a navy. Steal all the Aztecs shit then bugger off.

In reality just use my knowledge of 21st century technology to make Sweden the hub of the world

A glimpse into the mind of an autist

What was autistic about that?

Step 1. Conquer Finland
Step 2. Dont give it to the russians
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit

Literally all of Swedens success comes from Finland. It was all downhill after the finnish war where they essentially abandoned Finland.

>no colonies

Ahem en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sweden

>No colonies

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_overseas_colonies

chill out fins

does sweden have the natural resources to become a naval superpower? i thought that takes a lot of wood and coal resources.

interesting but don't you think other european powers would invade you to share in the profits that you accumulated from Constantinople.

the 30 yearswar also established Sweden as a great power, even bringing about the foundation of the colony of New Sweden in modern-day Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Sweden

they did create colonies though. iceland, greenland, north america until the settlers left/ sold off to britain, some minor shit in africa, the caribbean and india. also normandy

It's not a colony if it's already a part of your country when it becomes a unified state.

this

not really. most of those areas were not populated and i don't remember scandinavian countries creating carribean colonies

As soon as I become Carolus I kill myself

Bump

>op states Sweden never had colonies
>op proved wrong
>"hurr durr those are not colonies"
Learn some shit and then kill yourself faggot.

>never created colonies

FUCKING NORMANS REEEEEEEEEE

Bump