youtube.com/watch?v=ixfwGLxRJU8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Saidi
archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript#toc-article-ii-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White#Majority_opinion
history.com/topics/american-revolution/john-paul-jones
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You posted him

Neopuritan slave.

And just to be clear for your ill educated slave brain: I mean you and him.

t. cleetus

>why did treason get punished
southcucks had it coming

Alot of anti colonalist figure
Leftenan Adnan

he called it right

>states were guaranteed the right to secession by the Constitution
>anti-gun anti-free speech Yankees who wipe their asses with the very same Constitution on a daily basis thinking they have the moral high ground when it comes to treason
El. Oh. El.

I mean... don't you find it a little ironic that the US was formed on the basis of freedums and whatnot but then treated attempted secession as an act of war?

non burger here. What great heroisms did he do? All I know is that he burned a path to Atlanta.

>states were guaranteed the right to secession by the Constitution
Where does it say that?
I think the attack on Fort Sumter could definitely be considered an act of war

>anti-gun anti-free speech Yankees who wipe their asses with the very same Constitution on a daily basis thinking they have the moral high ground when it comes to treason
>The people of the north today are exactly the same as the people of the north in the 1860's
Bruh...

Ante Gotovina

>>states were guaranteed the right to secession by the Constitution
No, they fucking weren't.

Ain't Da Silva being charged on corruption accusations nowadays?

He's still a commie hero, you have to kill a whole lot of people before commies stop worshipping you, and some still will worship you.

Best summary of the civil war I've seen.

>chat shit get hit

American hero thread? American hero thread.

Let's MAGA bois

Dengxiaoping

You know nothing about Sherman if you don't think him a hero. Read a fucking book dude. He is a mixed bag like all civil war commanders and suffered immensely under the weight of his necessary evils.

This man, but I'd argue quite a few others that I don't think are seen of as national heroes to the general populace

hey there con-law faggot, what article does it say you are allowed to leave when you join?

One of the finest English orators of the last 100 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=aL4FOvIf7G8

Funny actually, the full speech is very reflective of our time.
youtube.com/watch?v=ixfwGLxRJU8

underrated

Lin Zexu desu

>Slave owning, coat turning, Viginian aristocrats

He has too low an approval rating to be a hero.

Those two men fought for extremely different causes.

Lee fought for his state in the first place, not for the federation

10. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Please point to anywhere in the Constitution where the Federal Government is expressly given the right to decide if a State can leave the Union.

He's already been sentenced, 10 years IIRC

He isn't

God bless William Tecumseh Sherman, and God bless Ulysses Simpson Grant!

*steals your flag ship*

Neither of them did anything wrong.

Came here to post him.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Saidi

Not him, but:
>That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,—That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government
CSA tried that, and they lost. Despite being a Dixiefag I'm glad they did because the US is better together. But calling them 'traitors' has got to be the most reddit tier argument there is.

Oh shit, just realised he said Cobstitutionally, has nothing to do with the Declaration.

Fuck Carnegie

Feudal Lords and Monopolists don't belong in America

Telephone man is memed way too much. Absolute piss. He wasn't even fucking born here, I don't even think he was educated here.

The Last Honest, Decent President:
*Tried to keep US out of Vietnam war
*Kept US from Nuklear war with Russia X2
*Stopped US invasion of Cuba by the CIA
*Fought the 'Military-Industrial Complex' Eisenhower warned us about - who were pushing for war in Vietnam, anywhere really.
*Fought the international Bankers taking over the US monetary system - printed Silver Certificates (real money).
*Fought organized crime & Crime families
Then LBJ decided to hire George H W Bush - CIA hit squad leader - to assassinate him.
*-- US has since got to hell--

archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript#toc-article-ii-

Article 3 Section 3 - "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

The Confederacy was guilty of treason and were traitors. Call it Reddit if you want, but it's true.

Article 1 Section 8 - "The Congress shall have Power [...] provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;"

If the Confederacy had the right to secede (which it didn't en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._White#Majority_opinion ), it would have to be peacefully and in accordance with the lawfully elected federal government - Congress and President Lincoln. Multiple states seceded after hostilities had begun. Secession by armed rebellion is not a right and under the Constitution that all the seceding states acceded to of their own free will, and Congress has the legitimate power to crush it.

tl;dr Confederates and their apologists have no legal legs to stand on, Sherman did nothing wrong.

>you woke me up, motherfucker, so no i will not unfold my fucking arms. take the goddamned thing already!

hitler

>There is many a boy here today who looks on war as all glory, but, boys, it is all hell.

>Every attempt to make war easy and safe will result in humiliation and disaster.

>I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers.

>War is too serious a matter to leave to soldiers.

>Grant stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk, and now we stand by each other.

>I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are.

Sherman was the fucking Dirty Harry of ACW.
I can see his biopic being excellent kino.

Killed traitors

Well, he was more a symbol of the sentiments of the time. He had an uncanny understanding of war, and the direction the civil war would go. He lobbied early and frequently for the kind of war that made him so reviled in the South. Some claim he brought "Total War" (I.e. The absolute destruction of the enemies ability and will to fight) to a modern era, but I think the world already had been well acquainted with total war- it was dastardly and ungentlmanly, but not unheard of. Sherman understood war, he hated it, and was famous for it. His morals are quintessentially "American": no nonsense, get shit done kinda attitude to battle. He outright refusal to enter politics coined the term "Shermanesque". He is famously attributed the quote "War is Hell".

He wasn't a military genius, and likely suffered some anxiety disorder (likely clinical depression- "melancholy"), but he understood war that was uncharacteristic of the times in which he lived.

A hero in one country but satan incarnate in another.

indeed, had the south managed to divide the power of Americans we'd no doubt have seen the games europeans played in the past hundred plus years reach our own country

As a patron of Carnegie's great institutions and libraries I must say that I don't agree with your negative spin on his legacy.

I believe we are better off united. I am only a dixiefag to spite the recent influx of yankee hatred towards the south that started in the 00's.

replace with

Men like him shaped America for better and worse. We became a powerful industrial giant but only on the back of crushing economic disparity. Marxism only took of as much as it did because we set the example for "evil capitalist".

I wouldn't have it any other way.

>tfw Clint Eastwood did period piece Westerns set around the time of the ACW
>but he never did one as Sherman

what a gosh dang waste.

Similar waste that they didn't make a Mussolini biopic with Robert Duvall

Good goy!

Most didn't really mind the secession the same way they didn't care about slaves. It was the attack on Fort Sumter. That gave the US legal justification to counter attack.

Women and foreigners ("undocumented" invaders) don't count.

history.com/topics/american-revolution/john-paul-jones

>It's a leftcucks defend war-crimes as long as they're on the right side of history thread.

If Sherman was right then Hitler did nothing wrong.

:^)

Hey you know what

maybe it's because they're niggers and cucks

>attempted secession
How is setting up a separate government only an "attempt" at secession?

please do it again bomber harris, the krauts still haven't learned

>Sherman
>national hero
Where is the proofs?

Come to Ohio, we celebrate him all the time. He, Lincoln, Lee and Grant are all we essentially learn about in the Civil War in grade school through High.

>Ohio
Never heard of this place before. What country is that?

The US, we're secret though. We don't want everyone to steal our genes

I live in the US and I have never heard of this "Ohayo" before.