Was the War of the Roses nearly as interesting as Game of Thrones?

Was the War of the Roses nearly as interesting as Game of Thrones?

Yes. Although GoT is a mishmash of the Wars of the Roses and the Anarchy, at least for the first few seasons/books. It's now firmly it's own thing.

>It's now firmly it's own thing.
Yeah a pile of shit

You're so cool and edgy.

it is more interesting, reality is more creative than any author

ikr

Does my cape fit well?

Not even British, but I find the War of the Roses fascinating.

But more than that in the context of the Middle-ages you have to look at it as a massive dynastic struggle not only in England, but you have to include the 100 years war. This is the way Shakespeare saw it, and that the overthrowing of Richard II produced a curse in the Plantagenet line, that led to the war of the roses. If you look at it that way its more really a 146 year old war of dynasties battling each other. Asoiaf has nothing on this.

You have also all of these great characters, Edward IV, the kingmaker, Richard III, Elizabeth Woodville, Margaret of Anjou, Richard of York, 3rd Duke of York (basically Ned Stark irl)

"The Princess and the Queen" was gurm's second better attempt at ripping off War of Roses

>KEEP WRITING THOSE FUCKING BOOKS GEORGE I DON'T CARE IF WE'RE RUSHING YOU IF YOU WANT TO KEEP RECEIVING OUR CHEAP WHORES THEN YOU WRITE YOU FAT FAGGOT

I mean, have you tried to read GoT since the show came out? Its now massively fucked for me man. Reading and seeing the actors and their mannerisms etc

Never read any of the books, watched 30 minutes of the first episode and realised it wasn't for me so stopped.

Good books if you don't mind fiction

I thought that was more based on the anarchy personally.

I've already accepted that he's going to die before finishing the series, we'll probably get one more book but I really doubt we'll get the final one from him.

I read the first book, and I did enjoy it, but I found it really bloated with little unnecessary details and plot points that never pay off. Really put me off continuing to read them.

The characters have parallels with the Wars of the Roses, as does the idea of separate families fighting for control and shifting loyalties, but the way the fighting is described with everyone besieging each other and ravaging the countryside, is closer to the Anarchy.

Blackwater Bay is clearly a take on the 1471 siege of London and the battle of the Bells is Saint Albans.

He's 68 man. Got at least 10 good years in him. At least

Eh I mean it is bloated a bit. A lot of that stuff will actually pay off down the line however

idk going back and trying to re-read from the start is tragic because it goes out of its way to paint some storybook picture and its a brutal harrowing story

He's morbidly obese that knocks a good 20 years off your life expectancy.

I mean he's a jolly looking fella but idk man. I mean probably the truth? 4000 pages written and needing 2000 to make 2 books. Just trying to put it all together.

Also there's a obvious case to actually scrapping what was panned and creating an entirely new story. This one sold for a lot and the amount of people who would buy a divergent book series would be phenomenal.

Both the Wars of the Roses and Game of Thrones simply demonstrate the inherent superiority of a strong centrally administered bureaucracy such as that of Rome or China to meme-tier feudalism.

Irl is honestly far more interesting than that silly show.

It's kinda impossible to finish. He's too good and has worked himself into a corner. Like wtf is he supposed to do with Bran and the authorian themes and somehow connect that with Danny and her fascist shit.

It depends how long he's been fat. If he ballooned up after making it his arteries and what not should still be okish. If he's been Michael Mooreing himself we're ducked.