Buddhism is a branch of Hinduism

>Buddhism is a branch of Hinduism

Why do Indians always claim this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_Hinduism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they shit in the street and worship cows

There's literally another thread about this on the front page. Fuck off.

I didn't realize that until I posted because that thread is related to Hindus getting butthurt at Buddhism, not claiming Buddhism is a branch of Hinduism.

Cos it partially is.

Fools. Hinduism believes in all things. Therefore it is a branch.

This.

Hinduism is a blob that engolfs all religions.

Because it kinda is. The mistake is being tricked by hindus into believing that hinduism is an actual religion instead of a family of religions. It's like talking about Abrahamism.

So sorta like how atheism in the west is a branch of Abrahamism right? Both movements have influenced each other in their current form.

>literally called the "eternal faith"
>people don't realize Hinduism is basically the oldest and most abstract religious system to which all others are related

Because it is? Buddhism and hinduism influenced each other a lot, and it isnt like the concept of different religions was present at that time, just different philosophies and gurus and their followers, buddha being one of them.

Wrong.

The relationship between Buddhism and Hinduism is a bit similar to Christianity and Judaism.

The differences are 1. We seldom see Jews claim Christianity is a branch of Judaism. 2. Native Buddhism in India was assimilated into Hinduism later and nearly forgotten by locals, but same thing doesn't happen on Christianity and Judaism, only Jews were nearly wipe out once.

Its a religion not a family of religions. Dharmic religions are a family of religions

>Why do Indians always claim this?
It's only the Hindus who claim this. They claim that about even Sikhism and Jainism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_Hinduism

Its really dumb when they say this about Sikhi too.
"I do not adore Ganesha in the behinning , neither do I meditate on Krishna and Vishnu. I have only heard about them with my ears and I do not recognize them. My consciousness is absorbed at the feet of the Supreme [Destroyer (God)]"
-Guru Gobind Singh, Dasam Granth, Page 732

"[Guru Nanak] started a pure path devoid of any impurity"
-Bhai Gurdas, Vaaran
Mostly its people part of organizations like RSS spreading their Hindutva nationalistic propaganda that want a nation of Hindus.

Even the Indian constitution lists Sikhs as Hindus.

Dharmic is a super family. Or hinduism a mini family.

Buddhism is a repudiation of Hinduism.

and both are useless

What makes sikh (or buddhists) not hindus? Or better said, what makes hindus hindus?

For a westener, once you read all the unrelated contradictory shit to be found inside "hinduism" you either accept that every dharmic religion is hinduist or that hinduism is an arbitrary useless term.

Hindus claim all Indian religion as Hinduism. Jainism, Sikhism, Buddhism and probably even Judaism/Christianity/Islam as well.

Because the Buddhists still believe in Buddha-Nature, or simply pure consciousness, which is the exact same thing as the impersonal Brahman in Hinduism. This impersonal Brahman is a lower aspect of God, so the Buddha is seen as an incarnation of Krishna sent to trick athiests into believing in God, whether they knew it or not.

Does the religion have Samsara, the cycle of rebirth?
>No
>Its not Hinduism or a branch off
>yes
>Its a branch of Hinduism
Pretty fucking simple stuff. Jainism, Sikhism, Buddhism all are alternatives developed to escape Samsara.