Best battles where the winner is highly outnumbered?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Saladen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yarmouk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Watling_Street
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Myeongnyang
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eland
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pic related
A more impressive Rorke's drift (Frenchmen with muskets vs Turkish horsemen with sabers and musket, rather than British machine-gunner vs stick-wielding nignogs)

The Great Siege of Malta definitely qualifies.

The Zulus also had men with guns (but were limited to taking potshots at the garrison, still this is more than just "stick-wielding nignogs".) Rorke's Drift also featured 28 Zulus for every one British soldier, whereas Mount Tabor only had eight Turks for every one French soldier.

>2 killed
literally how is this possible

HOLY SHIT

Western Civilization saved

>Rorke's Drift also featured 28 Zulus for every one British soldier, whereas Mount Tabor only had eight Turks for every one French soldier.

The French were barely 1,500 for most of the battle
Napoleon's reinforcements of 2,500 men only arrived at the end of the day (although it was decisive).

Infantry squares

"Just when all seemed to be lost, and Kléber prepared for a last-ditch breakout towards the Jordan, some soldiers claimed to have briefly seen a military force advancing from the north. Kléber tried to verify their report, which could be a relief column under Napoleon, but he saw nothing but the open desert and a monstrous enemy force. However a moment later Kléber saw the relief column; at the first moment Kléber had looked, the relief column under the personal command of Napoleon Bonaparte had marched right into a dip. Although Kléber saw and his men began to feel relief, their opponent still had many times more men than Napoleon and Kléber together.

Napoleon found himself between the Ottomans and their camp; he decided to distract them by detaching 300 men to pillage and destroy the Ottoman camp. This succeeded far more than Napoleon could have imagined: upon seeing the destruction of their belongings, the Ottomans assumed they were surrounded. In response, the Ottoman army began to retreat to the south and across the River Jordan. Kléber ordered his men to charge in a last effort for the day, and supported by the rest of the soldiers under Napoleon – who were relatively fresh - this charge transformed the Ottoman retreat into a general rout."

How was Napoleon such a good tactician and strategist? Was it the Corsican blood mixed with French upbringings?

>Kléber ordered his men to charge in a last effort for the day

What kind of madman orders 4,000 men to charge an army of 30,000?

Louis Nicolas Davout.

Battleo of Sudoměř

Battle of Domažlice
Crusaders fled because of Hussite singing and due to that captured 300 "rifles" and 2000 wagons of supplies

Just contributing so people don't have to go to wikipedia

I know this was posted in another thread but still

If there were only 11 left why didn't the other 63000 just rush in?

I don't know shit about the battle so this is just a guess, but they were probably fortified and the Muzzies didn't know their numbers.

Don't worry brother, just searched and it looks liked the head of the muslim guys was like "they are 30 guys, what can they do?"

Why are you not bothering to atleast double check? Jesus christ. This is obviously an edited version.

The real numbers are not known but its surely within single digit thousands. Not 170K and they certainly didn't suffer 124K, its less than thousand.

It's fucking fake you idiots.

damn calm down, its not like we sent nukes to russia holy shit

Butthurt muzzies

Atleast we won in the end.

Frenchmen.

Also the charge seems to have been after the Ottomans started retreating.

Fucking chinks I swear

Easily. What a fuck up this was.

Muslims were driven out of spain

Iberia*

Yes spain is part of Iberia

Most of The swedish battles in history lmao

Battle of Hemmingstedt between Denmark and the glorious Peasant Republic of Dithmarschen

well if you're starting with battles that aren't really that impressive compared to the other ones in the thread I've got something for you

>defenders opened at least one dike sluice in order to flood the land
>4000 dead

you are like a little baby
watch this

Every Roman battle ever

Muslims were driven out of Spain AND Portugal

Stop posting battles where there is a large technological advantage for the smaller side, that's not glorious at all.

fuck you and that cute corgi

What's your point.

Spain isn't the only country in Iberia

2003 Iraq

192,000 Americans, 45,000 Brits

1.1 million Iraqis

192 US/Brit dead, 30-40k Iraqi

Result: total destruction of Sadaam regime in days

M8, the zulus had more captured guns than the brits did at rourke's drift.

It's literally called Hispania you fucking autistic Portuguese retard

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Saladen

Damn, you are sad

the finns are my waifus. Too bad norway and sweden completely cucked them and stopped them from winning the war.

>.m.

All of the french losses were actually made from friendly fire ; The turks charged between two massive infantry squares and the opposing lines who shot exchanged fired at each other while the turkish horsmen fell inbetween them.

>2 fucking million casualties

Holy shit. I understand PTSD now.

It was fucking stupid, I have read Flight to Arras, a diary of a french pilot and he described the crews being sacrificed recklessly "like glasses of water being thrown onto a forest fire".

Dashitsev. Da, shit, sev. His 'save' mustve been really shit.

How did this happen?

Elan is a hell of a drug

If the Brits were armed with say, M-16s instead of Martini-Henrys, how many Zulus could they have taken on?

french and british autism

The fights that commanded by Khalid.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yarmouk

you guys are like muslim rape baby cousins

>never heard of the christian repopulation

I'm not gonna get into this again, done it so many times now. It just saddens me that Veeky Forums will get endlessly triggered by but gobble up Yarmouk is sad.

Okay whatever. There is no "primary Roman source" for the Battle of Yarmouk. The "primary source" used by Wikipedia here is Theophanes, who lived 100 years after the event took place and was essentially writing anti Heraclian propaganda to prop up his preferred Imperial dynasty. Whether 150 000, 200 00, 100 00 or 140 000 the numbers are wildly off: the Roman army before the Arab invasions and the Sassanid War was smaller than any of those. The armies under pre-plague Justinian were smaller, which was the time when the Empire was at its strongest because of the population surplus and strong economy inherited from Anastasius. Yet these "primary" accounts would have us believe that the Empire was somehow able to gather more troops than it had during it's peak despite the awful plague, devastating 20 year war and so on.

Everyone who posts that pic always ignores that modern estimates state the lowest possibility as 15 000. Take the "primary" sources with a grain of salt and think for yourself and you'll find that, yes, 15 000 - 30 000 is actually much more reasonable. Same goes for all Arab Conquest battles that claim that the Romans had +70 000 troops.

Yeah it's the only thing Muslims have today

Hmm not sure why it doesn't list the crusader forces but they had 375 knights, 80 Templars, several thousand infantry approx. And that tiny force crushed the huge muslim army with a surprise charge and mass panic

>8 : 1

>3 : 1

>2 : 1

>1 : 1

>4 : 1

>3 : 1

>12 : 1

>10 : 1

>30 : 1

>5 : 1

>6 : 1

westernboos btfo

noe

>Blatantly getting history wrong on a history board
>Bitch about the person who calls you out on it

we were not pussies, back then

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Watling_Street

>"Ignore the racket made by these savages. There are more women than men in their ranks. They are not soldiers—they're not even properly equipped. We've beaten them before and when they see our weapons and feel our spirit, they'll crack. Stick together. Throw the javelins, then push forward: knock them down with your shields and finish them off with your swords. Forget about plunder. Just win and you'll have everything."

ROMA INVICTUS

>cumskins think they can compete

>2500 military
>7000 civilians
>Defending a village in M&B

>Thread is about winning when outnumbered
>Posts a battle where the winner had a numerical advantage
Are you illiterate or just a butthurt Germaboo?

This whole "war" sounds hilarious. Is there any books on this event? I can only find one of those small Men-At-Arms books.

>they have us surrounded, the poor bastards

Look up the husserites m8. They beat back multiple different crusades against them with their war wagons

Jesus how embarrassing. Funnily enough even the strongly nationalistic Chinese nowadays will agree on this and pretty much refute Qing altogether.
They don't take it as offense mostly because the CCP and Mao thought and taught the people that Qing were a shit. Can't say they were wrong.

>machine-gunner
"no"

Fuck...

Dumb computer poster

In the cultural memory of the Chinese, these were the events that drove them to modernize. You see how the country would be divided into Nationalist and Communist, both promised an avenue to make China great again.

One of my college professors, Peng Deng, was a child of the Cultural Revolution and would talk often of how the great shaming of China was at the very root of CCP indoctrination. If youre interested in China, I'd look him up. Most of his work is on the more modern era but it was a privileged to study under a guy who could give firsthand accounts of Communist China at its worst.

SJUNG CAROLUS SÅNG

Any Hussite battle
plus it was peasants versus heavily armed knights
gotta respect the wagon forts

I fucking hate that I cant have this kind of victories in EU4 or CK2. The larger army wins every time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Myeongnyang
Well worth the read. This guy was a genius.

>peasants
meme

Battle of Salsu

One of the largest battles in Ancient History.

Operation Eland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eland
>Outnumbered 59:1
>Is an offensive battle
>Kill 2000 of the 5000
>Suffer only 4 non fatal injuries
>In the enemies base
>In a foreign hostile country
>Do it all in blackface
How does the Anglo keep getting away with it?

Also insert most of Portuguese history in this thread plz.

Sticks with nice iron points. It's an important difference you cuckold.

19 days...
The fastest conquest of an european great power by another in history

Dat kebab removal

Fantastic post

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Eland
300 000

>The larger army wins every time
>In CK2

m8 I literally conquered the entire Indian subcontinent with 7000 men. You just have to spend a few generations grooming the men of your court/family into top tier generals, and ensure that your levy troops and retinue are both top quality. If both flanks and the center are being commanded by 28+ skill dudes, and every single one of your personal regiments has a 25+ skill dude leading it, and you have an army with a fat slab of heavy cavalry; there's not much the enemy can do. Also focus all your best men on a single flank and just make sure the other flanks can hold at the very least, that flank will eventually break through and slaughter the enemy.

Also as to EU4, clearly you've never played Brandenburg, formed Prussia, and completed every single military idea group.

Battle of Watling Street. 10,000 Romans btfo upwards of 300,000 celts with the Celtic tribes suffering an estimated 80,000 casualties

Battle of Didgori