Were they /our guys/?

Which is your favorite? For me, it's James Madison, the best Founding Father.

>/our/guys mentality

Forced hivemind retardation. I pass.

Evidently, no one f
is forcing you to do anything.
NO FUN ALLOWED

Madison
>greatest contributor to constitution
>didn't go to extremes like brainles jefferson and hamilton

Of those 7? Jay all day.
>mad underrated
>responsible for the first major flexing of American diplomatic muscle post-Revolution
>way ahead of the curve on abolitionism

I was always confused, does Founding Fathers refer to everyone that signed the delcaration, or just to a core group like in your picture

>wasn't even a competent justice
Easily the least accomplished of those pictured. Even Patrick Henry or Sam Adams should be better regarded

>best founding father
>anyone other than hamilton

Topkek

>The only one who successfully predicted the future

>tfw no de facto constitutional monarchy

The USA was so close to being a civilized country

Yeah, it did a lot of good for england

Jefferson because he cared the most about liberty.

Basically. It's hard not to love them. Only the French and the Krauts don't.

>cares about liberty

>owns slaves

On a serious note, I think Jefferson's relationship with slavery is interesting, given the fact that he was morally opposed to it and actively made steps to end it during his career but was too broke to consider freeing his own slaves.

Do you guys think it was ethical hypocrisy for Jefferson to do this? Or is it redeemable in some way? I consider it kind of a dick move.

He was broke because he was a fucking wastrel who couldn't stand living a life where he had to prepare his own shaving water or clean his own quarters. You should see his expenditures abroad. He NEEDED a whole staff of domestics because he was raised like a fucking baby. Idk why Dixieboos romanticize the South when it produces an aristocracy of people worse than NEETs.

Washington, of course.

this was a pretty common stance among slave owning virginians. they usually wouldnt do shit about it though, just like jefferson. it maybe hypocrisy but it was common to all of his peers

This and James Monroe

Kind of infuriating when you consider Jefferson would purposefully dress and travel in ways that would make him appear to be lower class.

washington predicted partisanship and gettting involved in european wars would fuck things up

Benjamin Franklin

Why do people spew the well known fact that he owned slaves as if it's remotely new or interesting

Because the virginia aristocracy produced Washington, Henry, Madison, Jefferson, Lee, Cabell, Clay, Fitzhugh, the Harrisons, and Marshall

New england produced brainlet puritans like john brown

Because it is interesting? Jefferson strongly believed in individual liberty and freedom and yet owned human beings, despite consciously thinking it was abhorrent to do so.

Just because it's well known doesn't mean it isn't well known for a good reason. Historians have always tried to reconcile the glamorous perceptions of Jefferson with the uglier sides, particularly Sally Hemings. There's a reason he gets more shit for it then, say, Washington.

Washington also freed his slaves when he died, unlike Jefferson.

this desu

>Because it is interesting?
Not really. It's the least interesting thing about him and the first to come up in every discussion.

Then talk about other things you think are more interesting. Obviously there's more to Jefferson than slavery. Be the change you wish to see my friend.