youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The result of his upbringing.

[spoiler]And a miserable little pile of secrets[/spoiler]

A miserable attempt for a secret.

A prisoner of his mind

What can change the nature of a man?

a beating

I meant the question on kind of a broad way.
Take it in anyway you want.
>What makes you human?
>What makes you a man aside from biology?
>By extension, what's a woman?
>What about those who are slaves to the say of others?

Human stuff. Tell me what's most important to you.

That's kind of a loaded question that'll differ based on ideology.

For some men, morals are what gives us our humanity. For others, they'd say that's a load of bullshit and it's our intelligence. There's other arguments too.

The fabric of a 'man'(Both genders) however, is as said his upbringing. His nurturing and the lessons he learns during it will influence how he see's humanity and his own ideology concerning it. Whether that fate leads him to be a ruler of men or a pawn to others is irrelevant really.

In my personal opinion though man is just a creature like any other desperate to leave it's mark on the world, the only difference from animals is that we're fine leaving cultural marks rather than biological ones. So long as we're remembered, we're mostly happy. To be human is to desire significance in a universe that will forever deny us it. In that, you could say the nature of man is simply 'pitiable'.

I'm gonna use your post as stepping stone to explain how I see it. I agrre with what you said, but consider this.

I see things as intended by nature (or God if you are inclined for this), meaning that everything has a place and destination which is really hard to deviate from, even underisirable.
The main trait of humans is the ability to make complex tools for any purpose. In that sense we are the gardeners of the universe. Putting that on the spectrum of male and female most prominent traits, I'd say what makes a man is the crave for more and what makes a woman is the crave to protect the already achieved.
One is a falcon searching the land, the other a chicken taking care of the nest. Both being equaly and massively important.

>undesirable.
Jesus, sorry for the grammar.

A miserable little pile of secrets!
But enough talk, have at you!

a featherless biped!

99% of people thinking too much about it can`t spot the difference beetween these 2 men.

Is it that one is alive and one is dead?

One lives by impulse, doesn't have doubts or beliefs. Is sure of itself and doesn't have any kind of evolution aside from the natural one.

The other isn't essencially a rock.

A manifestation at particular high level of expression of the universal Will to Life, materialized to the empirical senses as biology and physiology and all the domains of the higher organisms, but subjectively available as the experience of emotions, interior dialogue, and consciousness rooted around the particular encapsulated experience of the human body as will.

Motherfucker. Posted the wrong screen shot. Embarrassing.

One has flat nails.

I love Schopenhauer's witty aphorisms and general demeanor towards life, but I am not sure if his metaphysics is true.

i always hated those kind of broad questions. It's some bullshit "techers" and new age people pic up i don't know where

>who are you
>user
>no, that's your name. Who are YOU?
>i..i'm user i'm 25 years old i work as a-
>nonono, that's what you DO. I want to know who you ARE

*teachers
*pick up

I'm just making conversation.
Chillax brah.

That's a Zen-Buddhism troll
>I know that from a spoken Alan Watts lecture while falling sleep somewhere last winter.
For a Zen Master to ask this of a student would fit the context, but doing this shit to normal people when missing the context would be like going around child-raping without being a priest.

A man is what comes out of a woman, a concept brought forth by insecurity through lacking wisdom, a broken piece from the once being and once becoming whole hermaphrodite that is that which no words can describe.

A wretched small heap of confidences.

what would be the "correct" Zen answer?
"the sum off my experiences and memories"?

Not words, it's has to do with showing yourself by being.
Your answer would likely trigger "Who is this 'me' you're referring to?".
>Or a laugh, might even get a hit or five with wood one your shoulders. Depends a lot on the master and the methods used.

The true answer would be "Pure will" inside a human body

"YOU are Hitler!"

youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

Nah, even makes more sense.