Poloniex is delisting Tether:

Poloniex is delisting Tether:

poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.08.17-Token-Listing-Policy-Reminder/

It's considered a security according to the government. Get rid of your Tether ASAP.

Other urls found in this thread:

omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=3MbYQMMmSkC3AgWkj9FMo5LsPTW1zBTwXL
wallet.tether.to/transparency
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah nah

It's specifically a debt security because of its USD peg. Look it up. Anything pegged to USD is a debt security.

I think you are right. Shits about to get real

This is bigger than GOX and the fact that/biz/ and crypto twitter as a whole is not talking about it is shocking.

Whatever more time for me to cash out.

Wait wtf?
This is it isn't it Veeky Forums this is the bubble popping

If tether goes to shit the only thing that actually makes our meme coins have any real world value is converting into fiat this would be even worse than the mt gox crash

Should I be rushing to cash out right now?

What. The. Fuck??

HOLY SHIT THIS IS HUGE NEWS

And also combining that with the fucking BCC BTC civil war going on right now.. crypto sure does feel volatile as fuck

You don't fucking understand.

Tether lost 10% of its value back in March and it's what caused the whole BTC pump to begin with. When Tether goes to shit, BTC actually shoots up.

what a surprise

Buy XMR.

If there's a bubble that's gonna burst, and a lot of us feel that it might be the case, XMR is going to be one of the only coins that will survive because it's out of their reach.

Errrr
but there is no single mention of tether in this blog post? op is full of shit

I am so happy I didn't fall for the Tether bunker meme

>coin designed to maintain 1 USD value
>has been extremely successful at it while many others have failed
>Get rid of your Tether ASAP
Why? You think the price is going to move?

it's easy to be successful at this when it's fake money backed by nothing

Clearly you haven't looked into the dozens of other cryptos that are meant to maintain their value again fiat but get pumped and dumped like any other shitcoin going form $1 to $3 back to $0.20 in a matter of hours.

The link is just a page saying they have the right to delist shitcoins. It says nothing about tether.
Time to filter tether for a bit.

They created atleast 25 million USDT out of thin air since July.

yeah because they're not fake tokens backed by nothing, there's an actual market deciding the price

>has been extremely successful at it while many others have failed
YOU STUPID FUCKING NEWFAGGS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TETHER WAS 90 CENTS FOR A FUCKING MONTH THIS YEAR!!!!!!! BACK IN APRIL YOU STUPID FUCKS. IT GAVE ME SO MANY HEADACHES KNOWING I COULDN'T CASH OUT FROM TETHER WITH LOSING 10% FUCK YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!

The 5x BTC price increase why caused by fake money manipulating the market. There's going to be an 80% DOWNWARD correction to pre-manipulated levels.

Btc was falling and then magically stopped around $900 following the ETF decision. This was immediately after Tether lost its value to 90 cents. Immediately. That's when people started panicking, dropping all out of tether, and throwing it all into BTC, which was enough to spur the price change for BTC from $900 up to nearly $3000. Then the fork drama shit happens, it dips, and then people realize it was nothing and buy back up to where we are now.

I still think Tether is responsible for the entire rise of BTC from March until now. From when it was $900 til now.

But literally nobody fucking believed me when I posted this here for weeks and weeks back then so I gave up.

You're wrong. Hell, $25M was printed today alone:

omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=3MbYQMMmSkC3AgWkj9FMo5LsPTW1zBTwXL

Keep in mind they can't do wire transfers, and their terms of service says they aren't legally obligated to redeem the tokens. This is legit Monopoly money causing muh 1000% gainz.

wallet.tether.to/transparency

is a lie then, you're saying, yes?

You're all saying this webpage here is a complete lie then, correct?

>newfags
Nah mate, been in the game 3 years. Now compare USDTs performance against any of the many coins designed to maintain fiat value and you will see why it became the standard.
Sure it has been 90 cents and it has been $1.05 but this is only when whales have worked very hard to move it and even then 10% is the best they can do.

oh good, bitcoin will go back up

>"safe haven" for earnings turns out to be a facade
>miners fighting over a couple of dollars

It was fun while it lasted. BTC about to crash.

I know the others failed.

But as someone who was trying to day-trade BTC on Polo for some reason and happened to move everything to Tether just before the collapse, which lasted about a whole month or more, this seemed very serious to me and I'm I have trouble trusting Tether after this.

>Hell, $25M was printed today alone
Uh, you do know that the seventh month of the year is July and not August, right?

I watched this happen too and I believe you

If you want low stress trading stop caring about fiat, just accumulate BTC and wait for the next +100% month.

Hmm there are only 320 million of them or about 0.2% of crypto mcap.

I dont think its a bubble burster.
The last bubble bursted due to MtGox bankruptcy, not because that bot was stopped.

i-i believe you user

I don't believe there's enough Tether to account for the billions in daily volume BTC gets
Tether itself is obviously a scam waiting to fall through once too many people try to redeem, because what sort of company would accept a profitless token and give away free USD? Or hoard that much USD at once instead of using a fractional reserve?
But so long as they weren't pumping completely unbacked ones into an exchange just for price manipulation it won't impact BTC very negatively. It's just Tether holders who eventually get fucked.

the idea is that bitfinex could go bankrupt from this. it wouldn't be as bad as mt gox because the market is way more diversified now but it sure wouldn't be good.

it's not flooding the market with capital so much as it is flooding it with fake volume to make people think the demand is way higher than it actually is

it only takes a trimtab to move a rudder

>I dont think its a bubble burster.
the known whale on bitfinex, spoofy, was actually pumping the price with those fake tethers. by pumping the price up, all other exchanges followed.

No, but it never mentions who they are regularly audited by

You're saying that bitsharesUSD doesn't retain it's value to the USD? so far, it's done a better job than Tether has, unless I'm not seeing something that you are.

BFX is a massive exchange, and it owns Tether, meaning they can access as much Tether as they want. Couple this with the fact that BFX board members comprise 2 of the top 10 holders of the coin, the CSO has admitted to trading before on BFX, and the CFO mentioned they have to run BFX as a criminal enterprise, don't be surprised if it doesn't come crashing down soon.

But BFX would take Tether down with it, and right now Tether has exchange pairs with cryptos on other large exchanges. If BFX becomes insolvent, things could get out of control.

Is the crash really coming? The guy who broke this story is usually mocked for his weird price conspiracies (I personally believe him). Is there enough knowledge of this shenanigans to get people to pull out? If people just ignore it the problem goes away.

here we go boys
FIATTAXATIONMARINES

yeah true all the USDT markets on liqui.io sketch me out

he's mocked because he's pointing out a flaw in the system while people are still making money. there's always obvious warning signs before a crash of any asset, they're always noticed, and the people who notice them are always dismissed as insane idiots who hate making money.

why don't people realize that if the price increase was caused by fake money then when it comes to sell there will be no real money to buy at the inflated prices.

but we are all shills, right? the 10,000% hourly gains will continue forever because of segwit2x right? double top technicals are a meme, right?

guys, you won't be able to cash out and your gains are not real.

There is tons of real money ready to buy at the retracement. Mt gox was an outlier, this isn't a currency based on nothing, there will be a correction, bitcoin will emerge stronger, this is an organized discord group. A literal hotbed of innovation is happening here, it's completely reasonable for gains

This is getting scary. I'm still -30% in the red but making progress. As soon I break even, I'm going to get out of crypto until this shit settles.