Orthodoxy thread

I miss the good old orthodox threads. I miss the substantive theological discussions. I miss Constantine. Why can´t Veeky Forums be the way it was until recently?

Fedoras begone. Away with ye infidels.

Orthodoxy: wholesomeness, tradition.
Roman Catholicism: clown masses, refugees, gays, Islam.
Protestantism: zionism, snakes, more gays.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bt0srHszhxs

>Why can´t Veeky Forums be the way it was until recently?
you thank TRS

This is why, pic related. That one post, more than anything else, killed Orthodoxy on Veeky Forums.

That´s a fake and you know it.

you guys have heretic bishops too, just not radical widespread liturgical anarchy.

It doesn't matter if it's fake or not. Constantine was the face of Eastern Orthodoxy, and Constantine became associated with buttfucking shit-jesus. That was when it stopped, and it's doubtful it will ever go back.

sounds Hindu t b h

He's saying that Christainity is THE religion for all ethnicities, are you dumb fucking burger shits really that terrified when you see muslims being mentioned?

No one misses your thinly veiled attempts to convert /poll/ack to your stilted, angry variant Christianity.

>Constantine
>Substantive theological discussion

challenging people to refute your copypastas and refusing to acknowledge modern biblical scholarship are hardly what I would call Substantive

no hes saying that condemning islam and buddhism are against what God wants and that muhammad is a "apostle/ man of God" who did good for humanity for creating islam.

I think its a bit better, Constantine is one of the reasons I have a hard time engaging with the faith in honest discussion given how deceitful and pushy she was. Kinda like how its hard to look at Marxism in earnest if you have to deal with those angsty edgelords who try and sell commie newspapers.

What Substantive theological issues would you like to discuss?

Won't lie bruh, as a (relatively) pious Roman Catholic, some of y'alls doctrines and styles make me jealous. It's a beautiful rite and your liturgies are long but elegant af.

Ive been lurking and ejoying my lurk for a year now we are being invaded by some half baked moronic troglodytes with little knowledge in themselves and little knowledge in theire surrounding existance

What's stopping you from starting theological discussion ? Why not start in this thead

>I miss Constantine

The old Orthodox threads were trainwrecks, especially Constantine and Sakurahime. What is it about Orthodoxy that attracts so many trannies?

You should post something substantial instead of glj7st "durr general guys post content for me", and talking shit. Idiot.

Oh, yeah, Orthodoxy...

>no inquisition in the Middle Ages
>no pyres or witch hunts
>literally anyone could spend X amount of days in a monastery if he was a traveler or in need
>the clergy actually housed and hid Jews during the holocost
>the archbishop stood infront of the death trains

Why is orthodoxy so based Veeky Forums

>Why is orthodoxy so based Veeky Forums

Probably because you dont study much history and fetishise it like westerners do to Buddhism and Hinduism

>no inquisition in the Middle Ages
>no pyres or witch hunts

>The Ioakim Chronicle says that Vladimir's uncle, Dobrynya, forced the Novgorodians into Christianity "by fire", while the local mayor, Putyata, persuaded his compatriots to accept Christian faith "by the sword". At that same time, Bishop Ioakim Korsunianin built the first, wooden, Cathedral of Holy Wisdom "with 13 tops" on the site of a pagan cemetery.[15]

>Paganism persisted in the country for a long time, surfacing during the Upper Volga Uprising and other occasional pagan protests. The northeastern part of the country, centred on Rostov, was particularly hostile to the new religion. Novgorod itself faced a pagan uprising as late as 1071, in which Bishop Fedor faced a real threat to his person; Prince Gleb Sviatoslavich broke up the crowd by chopping a sorcerer in half with an axe

>the clergy actually housed and hid Jews during the holocost
>the archbishop stood infront of the death trains

Compare that to their conduct during the dissolution of Yugoslavia and the associated war crimes.

What difference does Orthodoxy even have with Christianity except for the Pope

Well pagans had it coming.