Why weren't German Americans Interned too?

I think that interning the Japanese population in the US during WW2 was a good decision, but why weren't the German - American population interned too.
I am sure there were many Nazi sympathizers within their midst too.
Why weren't they interned too ? .

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/population/www/censusdata/files/pc80-s1-10/pc80-s1-10.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_German_Americans
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_Italian_Americans
radiolab.org/story/nazi-summer-camp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Real question is why arent muslim Americans interned despite the fact we're at war with the Middle East

Because to be perfectly honest, German-Americans weren't Asian and during WWI German-Americans already showed their loyalty.

Also there was spying programs to check on places that were dominated by nazi sympathizers in the US.

Because they were white.

The Americans were afraid of the Germanic warrior while they were clearly not afraid of the Samurai warrior.

Because there were tens of millions of German Americans scattered around the country in positions ranging from farmers to politicians and owners of large companies.
Japanese were much smaller in comparison, were concentrated in the west coast, and mostly held low level jobs or businesses.

t. hans

>during WWI German-Americans already showed their loyalty.
That's a funny way of saying staged protests and bombed shipping facilities delivering to the entente.

t. takafumi

He isn't wrong you idiot. The krauts had already ingrained themselves into every strata of society, while nips were still confined to the coasts holding immigrant jobs.

You can't intern a quarter of the population you autist.

Because a) they weren't easily distinguished from other white americans, because b) they weren't a minority, as most white americans had and still do have german ancestry.

The Soviet Union is laughing at you.

Only 20% of muslims live in the middle east

The USSR never came remotely close to interning 25% of its population.

Only 20% of muslims live in the middle east

Also, why aren't jews interned because we are at war with the middle east

t.hans.

It's only in recent decades that the nazis took over America.

English ancestry used to be the biggest well into the 1980's.

census.gov/population/www/censusdata/files/pc80-s1-10/pc80-s1-10.pdf

This plus racism unironically. German pows were even treated pretty well in America. And consider the atomic bomb. I doubt we would have dropped one on Germany, but it was easy to drop one on Japan.

As someone who was born "jewish" (although I am an atheist and hate judaism ) I admit I wouldn't mind seeing germans in concentration camps.
Too bad Roosevelt and Truman were german lovers.

learn to read the numbers... 50mil english and 50mil german... WOW

hey kid... fuck you

another point: Japs did pearl harbour... germans just invaded other countries in a "fair war", no one knew about the holocaust at that time so they didn't hate germans as much as they hated the japanese

>"When I was captured I weighed 128 pounds. After two years as an American POW I weighed 185. I had gotten so fat you could no longer see my eyes." - German prisoner of war
BURGER'D

Nazi sympathezers in America
Also germans are a significant amount of citizens.

Japanese are an easy target.

Is it true that German American soldiers were always sent to the Pacific Theater?

Probably assumed after the Volksdeutsche return meme that most of the Nazis already fucked off, besides the turbo-autists in the German American Bund anyway

They were you dingus, as were Italian-Americans.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_German_Americans

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_Italian_Americans

german americans were interred you dumbass. look it up.

radiolab.org/story/nazi-summer-camp/

Pretty good about telling how German pows were treated in middle America during the war

But the whole country was a concentration camp

Same reason they didn't use white slaves in the slave trade

hard to distinguish from ordinary folk (they did interned some of them just not as much as the japs).

They were, including Fritz Kuhn. The founder of the German American bund.

Who is "Fritz Kuhn" ?
Without looking him up on Wikipedia, let me guess :
a German - American turbo - autist who was a nazi sympathizer .

Yeah, pretty much, also an embezzler and con artist

wow they only interned 10,000? They got off easy.

They were afraid of the Midwestern warrior.

Only 20% of muslims live in the Middle East.

i'm pretty sure the original plan was to nuke Berlin