Chain Death Spiral - A Fatal Bitcoin Vulnerability

bitcoinandtheblockchain.blogspot.my/2017/08/chain-death-spiral-fatal-bitcoin.html

Read the article and understand why Bitcoin is fucked after the fork and eventually it will lead to collapse of the blockchain.

Sorry for the losses, this might end up eating up 98% of the market value.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcoinandtheblockchain.blogspot.ca/
cash.coin.dance/blocks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*rolls eyes* sure thing bud

if it does im buyin more lol

low quality FUD
highly reputable source there bud

Read the article.

Yes, it is real.

And yes, btc is fucked.

disprove the arguments in the article and then we talk ok?

Don't say you were not warned when you are crying your eyes out and looking for the rope.

*snores*

they are pretty fuck'd m8. pissing people off, deep pockets leaving btc to bcc. shit might happen

I see Jihan's shills are out in full force today

kek - a myanmar faggot thinking BTC is "dead" because it's going for a little while under $4k.

it is flipping you fucking ninnies! thats why yall have no gainz you sit and ponder and go nowhere fucking read find the evidence question every and you make fucking bank

read and you would have know from the start bcc was king and btc was fuck yall just tards and feed me money i guess thats how the ecosystem works

here some copy-pasta for you bro. Still facts tho anyone with google can see the light and the battle that is happening.

stay sucking that core-porate cock though

Here's some facts anyone can find plenty of info on.

>Bitcointalk owner scammed 6000 btc for a website upgrade that never happend. He also heads the /r/bitcoin subreddit

>/r/Bitcoin mods censored/bannned anyone talking positively of BCC.

>/r/Bitcoin mods and users spearheaded an attempt to rebrand Bitcoin Cash to Bcash in attempt to distance the name from Bitcoin.

>/r/Bitcoin users pm'ing new users on /r/btc telling them to not buy BCC and that it's the wrong subreddit inviting them to /r/Bitcoin

>Plus all that other shit with removing/censoring people who disagree lately and pissing off deep pockets.

Did you not read the article or are you too dumb to understand what was written there?

FUD

lol holy fuck

how come when i refresh weird shit happens, like these numbers are going up pretty fast? I just posted the last one a few minutes ago

what the fuck do i do now to lose as few as possible do i buy tether or buy BCH?

Again, disprove the arguments in the article. Why do you think Bitcoin is falling now?

do u guys need a spoon its changing its the flippening fucking buy in or be burnt

BCH is going up that fast.

Miners are switching. This is the flip.

fuck your mother if you want fuck

Man, I thought I was pretty smart for selling at the .16 peak.

FUCK KKKKK

you rike-a flied lice with dat? how bout egg roll?

75% of BCC is mined from the same location

anyone with a functioning brain would realize why this is infinitely worse than anything BTC comes up with

You can have your gay "Mimblewimble" i'll have my larger blocks and cheap fees.

its actually flipping lmao
go bcc, go where eth, ripple, and all others have failed
slay the dragon lol

try to repeat it when the "75% miner" decides it's time to relocate its assets

can any smart person in here please tell me if this flippening is really happening and btc will become worthless or if this is just jihan flexing his miner muscles

More miners can join.
Satoshi mined alone at the beginning

Holy shit. Stop with this FUD.

What exactly changed?
Fact is: On August 22, Bitcoin is going to activate segwit. Finally, we're getting this upgrade. +90% of hashpower agreed to it. And you're asking if Bitcoin is dead?

Do you realise that all this FUD is coordinated, like everything else on here? It's the last chance for BCH supporters to damage bitcoin.

ignore and profit from it

Let it happen friend. Cheap BTC and even cheaper alts

It's time to prepare for big gains

It's FUD.
Bitcoin can operate on 0 fees and basically non-existent hashing power as long as someone is providing electricity out of generosity.

Whoever wrote the article thinks Bitcoin can just cease to function without unlimited hashing power.

The BTC chain is too hard to mine.
Miners interested in economic rentability will mine BCC, leaving BTC chain many blocks to mine before adjustment.
By then, everybody will be using BCH, because it will be faster.

I really believe in the flippening, but BTC is way overpriced, it won't go that high.

It's funny because it's actually BTC holders trying to cover up all the core-porate bullshittery

like pasta states here

cope...how are those bags user, starting to feel pretty heavy?

blockstream has pretty much prepared for everything. the miners switching is because of profitability.

btc wont be affected because those blockstream jews planned it all out.

jihan hasn't flexed anything. the minute he flexes and switches to Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin will die. Bitcoin will crash in value and the lose a bunch of hashpower, it will be impossible to make transactions in a timely manner. if someone with a couple hundred thousand dollars decides he wants to make sure Bitcoin is dead by spamming the mempool with transactions, making it even harder to make a transaction, the value will fall to the double digits and then the Bitcoin name will be given to Bitcoin Cash.

Bitcoin is dead, long live bitcoin!

What bags? My trading stack isn't even in BTC or BCH, and it's in the green.
My cold storage has the same amount of BTC and BCH.

do you know anything about the difficulty of mining? if all the miners left right now it take FOREVER to mine blocks if everyone was CPU mining again.

>btc wont be affected because those blockstream jews planned it all out.

And what are they going to do? Hard fork once more?

>but BTC is way overpriced, it won't go that high.

Price is reflective of overall market adoption due to limited supply. If it really is next-generation gold then BTC/BCH will be worth much more than $4k in the future

A coin as useless as BTC and LTC - BitCHcrash will replace it

GUYS WHY IS IT STILL HAPPENING WHEN I REFRESH

Because BCC's value is going up dumb dumb

>doesn't realize segwit is the exact moment BTC dies

And why would that be?

They've hardforked several times in silence. It's nothing new. Watch them introduce some new "feature" to get shit back

Bcash op...it is now more profitable to mine bcc than btc

btc tank soon

geto on the bcc train faggots

>what is a pump and dump

BTC wont be able to recover from such a hit its a slow old expensive turd that cheaper faster option always wins bcc solves the scaling issue which is what the fork was about read a book twits

there will be an adjustment period where soon all things will be tied to bcc

HOLDERS OF BOTH NOT AFFECTED :)))

I already hold both. Any subsequent fork will result in me holding more forks. Don't care what'll happen as I automatically get to play on the winning side should any of them come out on top. Anyone who sells their fork coins is a moron.

loool bitcoin is shit if it is so easy to duplicate it and "fork". I mean, just imagine what will happen long term when you have 100of forks. Want higher market cap? Just fork it! Want free money? FORK!

Nobody will take cryptos seriously after this.

All hail Ethereum
All hail Avalon ICO

I'm riding BCC for easy gains, but I don't expect it to actually overtake BTC

b-b-but cryptocurrency cant be subject to inflation, supply is capped, satoshi told me so ....

>corporate low-quality soulless meme's

Yes, this is so fucking stupid. You can just clone the entire thing at any time LOOOL

Lightning network coins arent Bitcoins.
It's just a I.O.U receipt

not any time soon...but in like 1y bcc definetly op

bitcoin is where it is just because its esstablished and was first

miners create hype and all btc miners are going to switch to bcc in 2-3 days

dont sayy i didnt wan you

Jihan is going to loose a shitload of $$ if BTC crashes. Why would he pay people to kill his goose with the golden egs??? Think again, he wants Bitcoin to stay alife and kicking at 4000, not crash it...

but Nakamoto mined alone when the difficulty was absurdly low.

Oldfags can tell you about the happy times when people mined BTC using only CPU power.

this will mean an absurdly high demand of BTCs, while whales will skyrocket their BCH assets and will cash out wrecking all Pajeet-tier investors.

The fuck are you talking about. Jihan controls BCC now:
bitcoinandtheblockchain.blogspot.ca/

You talk like a fucking faggot. Never heard of punctuation?

>what exactly changed
BCH became more profitable to mine, you dunce. That's what changed. All else equal, you make 30%+ more money mining BCH than BTC.

This is a fundamental shift for miners who are first and foremost concerned with profits. If you don't understand that, you need to stop posting and go read.

loool, fags at /r/bitcoin are so stressed out right now

and his new best friend is John Mcaffe's crazy and rich ass who is now all in on mining/bcc

That is the most funt at the moment (if your positioning is ok) i am constantly imagining the faces of these arrogant fucks while they stare at the screans in disbelieve... time te be arogant mysef for a while ... i have earned it by having to listen to them all this time

let's not forget that the real flipping is at $900, which was the price of bitcoin before $300M fake teather was used to pump it.

Blockstream cucks might still do a last resort fork and go out smoothly due to propoganda machine, but it pays off to hold both.

>I can't use the block chain to send funds anymore
>that's going to make btc... more... valuable?

And how did that work out before the fork, when btc was struggling due to full blocks? $3200 down to $1800 anyone?

How did it work out for ethereum with their network outages due to congestion and slow block processing? $400 down to $180 anyone?

Face it, hash rate and block processing is king, no one who actually makes money mining wants off-chain processing for bitcoin, it's time to put segwit to pasture.

so if I understand correctly, the following could happen

>BTH becomes more profitable to mine (it already is)
>miners switch to BTH because they'll make more money
>this would be fine and BTC difficulty would get readjusted in 1000 blocks but ....
>transactions in BTC slow down because everyone is mining BTH
>no new blocks are mined so BTC's difficulty is never readjusted
>its impossible to make any transactions with BTC, your money is locked in forever

that's a bit too hard shilling there m8

it's already been mathematically proven in peer reviewed journals that that's what will happen. bitcoin is dead, for real this time

my money is on eth though

>jihan is totally a good guy and he isn't a corporation believe me dumb goys

It's a PnD that has been in the making since the fork, just remember all those posts claiming hour BCC would go up soon

that doesnt make any sense though
miners could irrationally mine bitcoins, witch would stupid of them
or bitcoin users could offer massive fees for transactions to entice miners
either could keep btc alive

Care to cite those journals please?

Answer is here

This man is correct. I've personally verified the proof with Otter. It is mathematically impossible for bitcoin to succeed.

The mempool has been spammed by jihan since 2013, they stopped for a short time after the fork making it obvious that it was made by big block supporters

Meme triangle engaged

>4 days ago
BTC is unstoppable, TOO THE MOON! 10k by 2020

>after 12% dip
BTC is gone forever, DEATH SPIRAL! 2.7K by the end of the month

can't we just admit that we don't know what is going to happen?

wff is bittrex broken? it won't load current prices for me or move at all

Can't prove straight up FUD
Not gonna happen, just like (((unknowns))) aka. jihan mined BCC at a loss people will mine BTC at a loss, and that's not even accounting that the vast majority of the BTC economy it's on the BTC chain making BTC transactions much more valuable
If there's a flip it will favor ETH, since it's the second most accepted crypto, and it's way worse corporate-wise than Blockstream

Nice, holding that as well. Feels good

i posted this. not even FUD, clearly hyperbolic sarcasm

i was joking lol, wow you guys are tight asses

the death spiral could happen, though. there's a percent chance that btc transactions become impossible if miners abandon ship. the more miners that abandon ship, the larger the incentives to abandon ship. its inherently an unstable system.

It's basically impossible for all miners to abandon ship, transactions might become unbearably slow like BCC's were at first, but that didn't create a clear stop
If Jihanfags are right Blockstream will flex it's (((funds))) and mine their unprofitable chain to keep the blocks going

cash.coin.dance/blocks

even though the profitability is moving around a lot due to price it is still overall more profitable to mine bcc than btc now.

bcc has another incoming difficulty adjustment tomorrow which will make it even more lucrative

block 479808 is coming, and our profitability will double ;)

>It's basically impossible for all miners to abandon ship

Why?
They can switch to bitcoin cash. Not all once obviously.

Nice, the strongest one will survive :)

Let the free market decide which one that will be

I hold both and if one emerges as victor this will prove blockchain tech sort of works like a true democracy

i'm starting to think that this is an attack vector that no one considered until now that's going to kill bitcoin... mining profits are razor thin and if you make twice as much mining the alt... this is a fun little horse race when you have neither coin :D

That is the beauty of blockchain. The "best" chain wins

Won't miners just oscillate between the most profitable coins?

"best" as decided by the miners. Holders have no say.

Yeah and they'll be mining for 'double' on something that will have no value because to crash what the public perceives as the true BTC is to destroy faith in crypto for a lot of people for a while