How would a moneyless society work?

How would a moneyless society work?

1. Reversion of economy to neolithic levels.
2. A good becomes a generally accepted measure of value.
3. Economy now has money again.

>be me
>have two cows
>want you marry the blacksmith's daughter
>ask him
>offer one cow as endowment
>he don't want to take care of it
>ask him what he wants
>5 pounds of honey
>go to see the bee-keeper
>offer a cow for 5 pound of honey
>he don't want a living cow but the meat of a whole caw is good for him
>go to see the butcher
>ask him to butcher my cow
>offer 10 gallons of milk
>he fucking accept
>give the milk to the butcher
>give the meat to the bee-keeper
>give the honey to the blacksmith
>he refuse because while I was trading Brad came with gold and silver ingots and the blacksmith took it because the do not degenerate with time and even if he don't use them he knows eventually he could trade them with someone

This. There's no such thing, even in the most primitive societies imaginable there is "money", it just takes the form of goods and services instead of being convenient.

a moneyless society with our current tech level or lower would revert to how primitive societies were as other people itt have pointed out

but a moneyless society with tech surpassing our own will give rise to luxury gay anime space communism

Lol it'sike a 90's rpg

It wouldn't

Some form of currency will exist even if there are no pieces of paper with imaginary value..

Trade
1 pig leg for a chicken and 3 eggs

money as in no paper money, or do you mean without any kind of currency?

It wouldn't work.

>
Most pre-columbian societies north of the Rio Grande did not use money. A couple of examples in New England.

USA used to be chronically starved for capital back before the gold rushes. Due to the lack of cash people couldn't buy many things easily, and so had to make most everything they used themselves. Rural Americans used to use whiskey and other liquor as their money, which was part of the cause of the whiskey rebellion.

>throw an autistic fit because you don't want to pay extra taxes and declare independence from the Crown for being oppressive
>immediately precede smash a rebellion for not wanting to pay extra taxes

>you have two cows political/economic system meme
wow this really takes me back

It was a legal federal tax to help pay the enormous debt accrued from the war and was overturned when Jefferson became president. It's not like the Westerners demanded secession because of an unfair tax, they had legitimate grievances that a excise/luxury tax hurt small farmers more than the large whisky distillers in the east and in a decade the law was overturned. Also like 6 people died.

Informal barter/credit system based on trust. Goods and services are traded in a favor for a favor sort of way. Try reading Debt: The First 5000 Years. A pure barter society has never existed outside of the collapse of money using societies.

>to help pay the enormous debt accrued from the war
Remind me, why did the British impose higher taxes on the colonist in first place?

Excise tax =/= tariffs
The Tea Act and Townsend Act gave the Brits an essential monopoly on tea production and distribution in the colonies, as well as unjust tariffs on glass, lead, paints, and paper. A more apt comparison would be to the Nullification Crisis and how SC found the Tariffs of 1828 and 1832 to be unconstitutional and threatened secession

Muh labour vouchers

Bartering everywhere also women would become a new currency.

>Remind me, why did the British impose higher taxes on the colonist in first place?

They didn't, this is a straight up lie told by the revolutionaries. Native Britons faced a MUCH higher taxrate than the colonists did.