I am pursuing music and want to become a rockstar

I am pursuing music and want to become a rockstar.
I am well aware forming a band is like forming a business.

Any advice on how to operate the business side?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YIqbdnaPcT8
vocaroo.com/i/s0KZJgUe7UXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get a manager

like this guy?

Do you have a problem with managers?

if they are black, yes

>rockstar
>band
Rock is dead faggot, hip hop is where its at, but white bois cant into hip hop by rapping, I recommend you make your own style, kinda like X did. Beat needs to be fire too.

Sorry I don't listen to nigger music much, when you say "X" are you refering to DMX or XXXtentacion?

I'm going to bring back nu-metal, watch me black boi

youtube.com/watch?v=YIqbdnaPcT8

1. Give up.
2. Identify your niche. Physically where your demographic congregates, which bars/clubs they go to. What magazines they read.
3. Tour. Tour. Tour
4. Write very ear-worm lyrics that cover well trodden thematics. When it comes time to record those lyrics, compress the fuck out of the vocals and push everything but the vocals down in the mix.
5. Constantly be updating your social media (hint, you'll work out which profile is most important in step 2). "Engage" with fans. Indulge their narcissistic attention whoring tendencies, re-post their photos of you. Comment on their shit.
6. Support well organized/funded bands so they bring you along when they headline bigger gigs
7. Do lots of online content: funny video sketches, music videos with gimmicks like Michel Gondry style optical illusions, or maybe have lookalikes of celebrities being brutally murdered... something meme-worthy
8. Do covers of normie-core songs in your style. Maybe a thrash metal version of Lorde - Royal or Daft Punk - Get Lucky. Maybe a Drum & Bass cover of Don't Stop Believing by Foreigner
9. Have a costume. David Bowie had Ziggy Stardust. Marilyn Manson had the goth eye-contacts. Liberace had his swarofski encrusted fur robes. ICP has their clown make up. Make sure it's unique

Head on over to pizzagate general, they'll let you know who to talk to to start raping kids and get your musical career started. Just remember, don't try to rat them out or you'll "hang yourself".

I can't get into rap, I don't want to assimilate with nigger culture. I will just be seen as a "wigger".
I also have no freestyling talent,
I think i'll get a DJ in my band to attract nig nogs and dindus,
I also don't know how to do the "nigga" handshake, I also can't speak nigger babble.

"ehy yo wasup mah nigga yeh dawg lik thez hoes on muh dick, got dat chopper gon shoot dat nigga he be dissin me on the instas cuzz"

I want to be remebered as an artist, not a primate

you need to release an album, and then find live music bars willing to let you play for money, then if you can even become popular you can sell merch. Still you probably wont make any money compared to the amount of time you put in.

i'm going to avoid masks because once a band wears masks it groups them up with the other faggots who wear masks like slipknot and etc.

>Don't Stop Believing by Foreigner

>wanting to become a rock star
>2017
you're about 20 years too late, internet piracy killed the music industry

> thinking people only listen to pop and hip pop

listen black boi, rock is a popular genre and it is not going to die anytime soon.
Look at bring me the horizon, they are doing pretty good

I never said rock was dead, becoming a rock star is impossible. There's no money to be made.

You make money from performing, it's no different from any other artist in the music industry, Tyrone.

you hardly make anything, why are you calling me Tyrone wtf is wrong with you

>becoming a rock star is impossible

leave this thread you stupid nigger

Look Tyrone, the music industry isn't "dead", it's just evolving, you clearly know nothing about the music industry, don't you have more important things to do like collecting your welfare check?

XXX, the way he just screams like an autist into the mic got popular and considering how you said you wonna be a rockstar, it seemed right up your alley.

He's popular because he looks like this

Instead of

what a disgusting looking human
I can almost smell this jpeg

Yeah true, but he's a mallet lmao, sucks to be X

But I agree, that definitely differentiates him from all the other dumb niggers like cheif keef and post malone

manlet*

post malone is the shit, white iverson, patience and congradulations are fire. Chief was only good back in the day, finally rich was his best album where he had don't like and other gang gang songs from back in his o-block days.

Another reasons why white bois can't get into rap or hip hop

They get forgotten after a few hits
because they don't have the "nigga" pass

Maybe if i bleach my skin black and identify as a "real nigga" I can get the "nigga" pass?

muhfugga bix nood to you too, my melanin enriched friend

Name 5 major rock stars with a 7 figure worth who have emerged in the last 3 years. Can you even name one?

Tyrone are you stupid? I told you to leave this fucking thread you stupid nigger, you disobey me once more and I will get you lynched, fucking nigger.

if you can't name a single rock star then how can you claim this is a realistic goal?

Tyrone you must have a an IQ above 70 to partake in this discussion.

>muh dick

you innovate the genre

S-t-u-p-i-d n-i-g-g-e-r

Rock is dead faggot. The only way you can make it in rock now is if you are attractive or have a rap element to your music.

Steve Albini has also talked about why you don't need a manager and it's just a waste of money, an ecosystem he insists exists only for itself. Ben Weinman has some great interviews on Youtube about navigating the industry as a small "DIY" band, and also some company or something (partysmasherinc.com) that works with small bands in some way or something but they never really made it clear what the hell they actually do but it's a resource to look into.

Slipknot makes more money from merchandise than they do music. (I'm sure they're not the only ones.)

>internet piracy killed the music industry

even the RIAA has shills on Veeky Forums smdh

OP, please post a twitter or something to follow/contact you because I'm really curious myself.

You saw me slip that under the radar, nice.

>implying artists ever made substantial money from record sales.
>implying it wasn't all about licensing songs for Car Commercials, season finale montages of network TV shows and ticket stubs from live shows

Iron "money" Maiden want a word with you. Well not them personally, they're too busy counting their merch dollars on their private jet.

>Slipknot makes more money from merchandise than they do music. (I'm sure they're not the only ones.)
Maiden. Judas Preist. Metallica. Kiss are the ultimate merchandise machine, because of all that sweet sweet Boomer dollars.

Also, I'm pretty sure that per screen Andre Rieu earns more money for films of his concerts than even films like Avatar did. In fact he's a really good one to study, he's taken the Liberace model and updated it for the DVD age.

Iron Maiden could not have existed in today's environment.

>compress the fuck out of the vocals and push everything but the vocals down in the mix.

curious about what?
i haven't started a career as a rockstar yet, i just have dreams of becoming one.

i'll make an email if you really want me to

You're such a fucking idiot, any genre can make lots of money. Stop arguing about it you fucking nig nog.

>Rock is dead
>the only...

fuck off nigger

"Rock" will not get you anything anymore, Maybe in the underground but mainstream is literally pointless

Underground hip-hop, singer-songwriter, and pop is where you will be a "rockstar". Underground trap/mumble rap is blowing up right now and literally anyone with a fucking pulse and a good understanding of how to make a hook will be making hundreds of thousands of dollars.

EDM could be a good route as well if you can create a unique sound and can use programs like ablton or mac studio but EDM is falling out of style quickly

>play every instrument
>write every song
>record every track yourself
>only pay for your touring act to accompany you
>be the only "member" of your band so you get all the money from it

I know, it's sacrilege to anyone with ears, taste, and a brain. But OP was asking how to make money, not how to make enjoyable music.

Firstly your not backing that up with arguments or facts. Secondly: Tyler the Creator as a similar (business) paradigm for the modern environment.

>I want to be remebered as an artist
Get an engineering degree and do something worthwile in your life, holy shit.

why the fuck would I get an engineering degree?
>do something worthwhile in your life
so doing a 9-5 corporate job is "something worthwile"?

>engineering degree
fucking incel
back to Veeky Forums faggot

>why the fuck would I get an engineering degree?
Money, stable job and respect.

>so doing a 9-5 corporate job is "something worthwile"?
Anything is more worthwile than making 0 dollars screaming into a microphone, calling yourself an 'artist'

Eugene, you are fucking retarded.

nobody gives a fuck about engineers,
there is an oversaturation of engineers,
and it's not a lucrative career
You are the typical STEM autist with a superiority complex who thinks art has no purpose in society,

it's hilarious how you wasted the 4 most important years of your life studying formulas and equations while chad was in a fraternity fucking stacey.

10 years later,
you fell for the "work had now, then chad will work for me" meme,
chad is now the CEO of the company you work in, you will never be promoted as you are not a businessman but rather an engineer. A pawn in the game.

But I'm not an engineer.
I study maths. Quit projecting.

You seem extremely insecure about yourself, is that the case?
Also, you know what there's an oversaturation of? 'Artists'.
You will serve close to no purpose.

Let me clarify faggots, I want to do nu-metal, hard rock. Not soft/classic rock. that shit is hella gay

>Math degree
xD
a literal autist lmao
worse than engineering

i'm going to ignore you now, you fit every stereotype, it's pretty clear you are an introverted guy who didn't slay in college.

you probably say shit like
"mathematics is the universal language" lmao

I'm sorry.
I'm not sure why I didn't realize you were a troll earlier.
Have a nice day, user.

also what's with your obession with serving a purpose?
you think millennials give a single fuck about mathematicians and their mathematical/scientific discoveries?

all millennials care about is entertainment

you and your math degree, kill yourself fucking loser

Fuck off Eugene

>I want to be remebered as an artist
Get an engineering degree and do something worthwile in your life, holy shit.

telling someone they shouldn't pursue the arts
and do something "worthwile"
>>def not insecure

i fucking love this thread.

anyway OP have you actually made any music yet? like what do you do, do you play an instrument/vocalist/producer?

This when possible. Like any successful business you should offset some responsibilities that you can afford to pay for, but you don't need 5-8 people in a band just because. The "why do they have computers onstage" meme of normies is mostly over now.

My theory is that the protracted success of hiphop-oriented genres is due to the economics of the shit: you're a rapper, you only split your money with a producer or buy beats for like $40 each, and all you have to do is write and rehearse your raps instead of spending a year writing an album so your output is like you can make a mixtape every month.

Another thing is that this thread is very american-centric. Europe has different standards and cares about different genres. Another thing that Weinman and Mike Patton said was that they'd go overseas on a european tour and make enough money for the whole year due to the higher value of the euro when they converted it to USD.

looks like a black ugly version of the Jokers bitch

I play electric guitar and I'm training to be a vocalist

do you have a soundcloud?

nah, soundcloud is filled with trash artists

poverty rappers trying to get into the game

forget about biz, just make the vibrations in people's ears that turns them jelly. first you gotta jelly yourself though. 'if you book them, they will come'

okay well then a fucking clyp, youtube channel, smule, reverbnation or vocaroo, come on nigger you know what i meant

vocaroo.com/i/s0KZJgUe7UXU

:')

cool, cool

dadrock tho XDD

what y'all think faggots