This guy is expected to be the next Pope

This guy is expected to be the next Pope

>In April 2012, the election of a young gay man who was living in a registered same-sex partnership to a pastoral council in Vienna was vetoed by the parish priest. After meeting with the couple, Schönborn reinstated him. He later advised in a homily that priests must apply a pastoral approach that is "neither rigorist nor lax" in counselling Catholics who "don't live according to [God's] master plan".[38]

>Schönborn is a member of the Elijah Interfaith Institute Board of World Religious Leaders.[31]

>Elijah Interfaith Institute is a nonprofit, international, interfaith organization which was founded by Rabbi Alon Goshen-Gottstein in 1997.

Other urls found in this thread:

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2008/11/orthodox-bishop-comments-on-recent.html
jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-News/ADL-Excise-anti-Semitic-liturgy-from-Orthodox-Church
churchmilitant.com/news/article/illinois-bishop-calls-out-gay-lobby
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And?

>There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

>And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

>Rabbi Alon Goshen-Gottstein
You could have just said that.

That doesn't mean every deeds of humanity should be accepted without limitation, no matter how disgusting and wrong they are.

I'm not Christian btw.

A pretty cool guy.

Of course shornborn is a notorious heretic who takes many liberal stances.

he's not expected to be the next pope

you don't know anything about how that works laity

Sounds like news to me, take it to /pol/ or /news/

Good.
Also,

What it does mean is that everyone is accepted no matter who they are, including homosexuals

>Bible, the one holy book of Christianity, clearly says faggotory and promiscuity are sins
>Cardinal: Nah, fuck that, we should embrace them all because I said so.
I think this used to be called "heretic".

OUR bishop of Vienna is considered a shoe in for the next Patriarch of Russia, and he's pretty based

>Russian Orthodox theologian and bishop Hilarion (Alfeyev) of Vienna's lecture on "Theological Education in the 21st Century"

>Even more inadmissible, from my point of view, is the correction of liturgical texts in line with contemporary norms. Relatively recently the Roman Catholic Church decided to remove the so-called 'antisemitic' texts from the service of Holy Friday.
rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2008/11/orthodox-bishop-comments-on-recent.html

>The New York-based Anti-Defamation League on Thursday urged the world's Orthodox Christian leaders to support a Christian proposal to excise ancient anti-Semitic passages from their liturgy.

>Unlike the Catholic and Protestant Churches, the Orthodox Church has never removed anti-Semitic passages from its liturgy, which still refers to Jews as Christ killers, said Dr. Dmitry Radyshevsky, director of the Jerusalem Summit, a conservative Israeli think tank. He noted that the anti-Semitic passages were most conspicuous during Easter services, and included such statements as "the Jewish tribe which condemned you to crucifixion, repay them Oh Lord," - which is repeated half a dozen times during the liturgy - "Christ has risen but the Jewish seed has perished" as well as references to Jews as "God-killers."

jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-News/ADL-Excise-anti-Semitic-liturgy-from-Orthodox-Church

I heard Sarah might have some chances, which would be awesome.
t.Ortho

What it does mean is that everyone is accepted no matter who they are
Really? I guess they should accept pedophile and rapists as well. They should never fire those child molesters pastorals,right?

They can be accepted as fellow humans, but not necessarily their deeds, and homosexual is their deed.

>Gays can go to heaven too lol
"Oh yeah!? Well I guess pedophile serial killers can aswell then!? Why cant my made up concept be only exclusive to straight people!?"

churchmilitant.com/news/article/illinois-bishop-calls-out-gay-lobby

I didn't say and imply that, what the fuck are you quoting about? Makes no sense at all.

>pedophile serial killers can as well then
Yes, I guess they can if they "stop" their deeds and repent, so do faggot if they stop their disgusting deed, too. But hey I'm not expert of Christianity, so I could be wrong though.

>Why cant my made up concept be only exclusive to straight people
Well I think Bible does indicate homosexual is a sin or wrong behavior. And I think they do have fair point.

Homos and Jews bad news

Catholic apologetics
I don't hold the Westboro "don't let any reprobates in the church" view but they at least shouldn't hold office or be let into a monastic order. They could still go to mass though.
In the apostolic age many converts may have been raging boy fuckers.

Yeah and embracing gay unions doesn't mean those people will be saved, but at least the church recognising them is like Christ sitting with the tax collectors and what have you and actually giving them his message. None are truly sinless

>you were born just in time to see the church become liberal

Feels good to be on the right side of history.

The Bible isn't one book.

The Word of God supercedes the Bible.
Anyone can go to Heaven. That's not the point, somebody advocating for sin should not be in such a position.

Bought to you by Rosneft Oil.

>the right side of history
Modern liberalism is cancer of humanity, worse than Neo Nazi since they never have real power.
Almost every global issues we have now can trace back libercucks directly. Like increasing racial, social and religious tensions, IS and rapefugees problem, rampant sexual deviation, "muh fluid genders", demoralizing family institutes, neo historical revisionism, forced diversity.... etc, libercucks are direct responsible for all these shits.

>this triggers the /pol/
ITT: Protestants that forget that thousands of other things are deemed sins in the Bible yet are daily, natural occurrences, and they hate gays because their pastor hates gays

I thought you all were loyal to the Catholic Church? Why, then, are you questioning your future Pope, as if your relationship with God is deeper than his?

Jesuits should be genocided before the Jews desu

Well, he isn't embracing negative elements. I see no problem here.

>German.
Nice try.

The next pope would be either African or Asian. Maybe the Philippinos considering how fucking catholic those people are.

> I guess pedophile serial killers can as well
If General Butt Naked can be the pastor, why a bunch of gays can't go to church?

>African
Too anti-gay.
>Philippino
Too catholic, not liberal enough.

>Too catholic, not liberal enough.
Flips literally have american-style SJWs.

What are gays supposed to do about it? People don't go from being flaming homosexual to straight no matter how pious they are and god did make it so men derive pleasure from doing anal.

If they elected a liberal hypereuro Pope there would be a schism in the third world like what happened with Anglicanism

>but but muh Holy Spirit it's got nuffin to do with politics

>f they elected a liberal hypereuro Pope there would be a schism in the third world like what happened with Anglicanism
Vatican II is literally taught here in the Philippines as one of the best things the Catholic Church ever did in modern history.

Largely because it BTFO the Philippine Communists in their own liberalism game and lessened their influence here.

ATTENTIONE! ATTENTIONE!
Rare picture of speculated next pope leaked. Remember you herard it here first!

>What are gays supposed to do about it?
Don't putting their dicks and tongues into another men's shitholes and spreading AIDS, don't propagate their degeneracy to children and public, don't force governments change laws and cultures to suit their perversion.
In short, keep their degeneracy to themselves, that's not too much to do, isn't it?

>god did make it so men derive pleasure from doing anal.
No, you're responsible for your own behaviors, not gods, not any gods. Human anal is evolved for shit, not for pleasure, if you can't even understand this simple fact, you deserve to get AIDS and be discriminated.

>otestants that forget that thousands of other things are deemed sins in the Bible yet are daily, natural occurrences
I hope you're not talking about Mosaic articles abolished in the NT

>Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

>Bible, the one holy book of Christianity, clearly says faggotory and promiscuity are sins

No, it doesn't.

>No, it doesn't.
Yeah, for faggots and libercucks of course.

The guy repented. He wants to be judged for his crimes. Gays want to be priests/christians/etc. AND at the same time not repent. In fact they want to continue their sin of sodomy and be congratulated. If you're gay but you accept that being gay is bad and un-christian, you're okay in my book. You don't even have to stop fucking dudes, just try. Flesh is weak.

>proceeds to claim a load of shit that contradicts Abrahamic law in hearth and content

The male g-spot is in the ass but okay

The bible clearly states that gay men should be killed.

>'If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

Leviticus 20:13

Good thing that only meme denominations believe in intelligent design.

>who lies
That is the operative phrase

The same thing that straight single men are supposed to do. They should stay celibate.

It is not because you think that something feels good that you should do it.

>I expect a centuries old moral text to use explicit vocabulary
>I expect the still centuries old translation to say "terrorize his boipussy" instead of lie with for sex

But straight men can marry and have sex as normal people. Gay men would have to stay celibate their whole lives because god gave them the gay.

>the pedophile and rapist card
fucking hang yourself

Do you know what fulfillintg the law of sacrifice and death means? It means dying on the cross, God himself being put to death. That is the basis of the law, death. Following the law in light of that, is like being freed from prison but still striving to be a model inmate

I suggest you read Athanasius and Paul since you clearly don't understand what happened at Golgotha.

No, they can marry and have sex with a person of the opposite sex like everyone else. Everybody is equal, even when it doesn't benefit you.

>the letter of the law may say this but I want to interpret it this way because I hate x group

>Gay men would have to stay celibate their whole lives
Yes, exactly.

He won't be. The next pope will be a central american or filipino. The vatican knows what it's doing.

>there's several translations and the only common interpretation is of sexual nature
>I'm gonna pretend to know hebrew and greek better than translators, after all it's very important for me to be sodomized by my bf while standing (but never lying!)

So want to tell me how pigs and shellfish sudenly became clean but gayfuckery didn't?

Oh Lord, let us look each other right in the eyes, we can no longer put off this matter, we now need to speak about the Catholic church and how degenerate it has become.

Religious scholars have poured over the text for millenia and the Vatican has come to the conclusion that it is only the act of homosexual sex that is abhorrent, not homosexuals themselves. Although I'm sure Pastor Jim Bob told you all gays are evil and need to die

That's the old covenant, although the NT also affirms homosex is a sin, but it just says have nothing to do with them

We all have depraved inclination. For some, the burden feels especially heavy, but your argument could be used for all depraved inclination, including pedophilia. The fall perverted our moral orientation, you can see there are people who watch anime and fall in love but don't fall in love with real women

>The vatican knows what it's doing.
That's the concern

Because while the NT is less concerned about diet, sexuality actually has a greater focus. No more polygamy, no more divorce. Hexk, Christ and Paul both advise forgoing sex altogether. However eating blood is still forbidden following Acts, since eating blood is communion with a life

>We all have depraved inclination. For some, the burden feels especially heavy, but your argument could be used for all depraved inclination, including pedophilia. The fall perverted our moral orientation, you can see there are people who watch anime and fall in love but don't fall in love with real women
But unlike pedophilia both partners may actually consent in homosexualy.

>However eating blood is still forbidden following Acts, since eating blood is communion with a life
What about reciving blood?

>male g-spot
The prostate isn't a "g-spot", and abusing your prostate leads to prostatitis.

>But unlike pedophilia both partners may actually consent in homosexualy.
Why are you bringing secular legal concepts like "consent" into this.

We still recive pleassure touching it and if god cared that much about our health he wouldn't have tolld us to stop washing our hands.

Becayse when people push for this they don't push for whats more depraved, they push for things that they think won't directly hurt anyone. So there's no clear active homosexuality acceptance => active pedophilia acceptance

>Becayse when people push for this they don't push for whats more depraved, they push for things that they think won't directly hurt anyone.

Irrelevant, what secular idiots think doesn't directly hurt anyone has no bearing on religious law.

Christian ethics is not liberal ethics. Christian ethics is a form of virtue ethics.
Which is why it is more restrictive on what people should do, but also why people who do understand and follow Christian ethics will be happier than those that follow liberal ethics.

>We still recive pleassure touching it
Only if you stick your hand up your ass, which normal people don't do in the first place. Clearly it's not placed where it is as a matter of sexual convenience.

No, I was saying that homosexual sex (between males) is a sin from the start. I'm the guy you're awnserong to as well as You can dislike vaginas, nothing wrong with that. Try to not get another dude to fuck you though. And, more importantly, stop trying to make it look like being fucked by a dude is normal or christian.

What if they limit themselves to sucking dick? Jesus said nothing which goes into yiur mouth defiles you.

Has this piece of shit never read the Bible?

>Romans 1:26–27
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Since when has the Catholic church cared about the Bible?

It is not an easy thing, for me, to be heterosexual. There are few things I despise more than the so-called "fair" sex, that petty, simple-minded, manipulative, unstable, vengeful, dangerous, little hurricane of emotions. And yet I am sexually attracted to it. If it weren't for that program implanted into me by Mother Nature, that makes me override all rationality and instincts of self-preservation, even of self-love, I would prefer to not have any relation with the opposite sex whatsoever. In contrast, man is the epitome of nature, excelling in beauty and strength, knowledge and wisdom and honesty, friendship love and play, maker and destroyer of civilizations, of arts and sciences. A little god. He is the anthropos, of which all philosophy talks about. In short, human. But alas, he is sexually repugnant to me. Even the thought, the imagination of a man as much as caressing another causes me deep repulsion as if a great sin against nature was being comited. Such is the fate of the heterosexual male, to hate what is similar and equal to oneself, and to love what is dissimilar and inferior.

You know what busts my buffers? The bible only says a man should not lay with another man. It says nothing about loving another man, just dont fuck another man. Homosexuality is not the sin, homosexual intercourse is the sin.

If you want to interpret that to mean homosexuality overall is a sin, then fine, but dont cherrypick everything else.

Since the Protestant Reformation. Protestants first revolted over how literal Catholics took the Bible. Nowadays it seems like Protestant sects are more literal than Catholic sects

Luthers complaints about the catholic church was them following tradition instead of scripture only.

Sin isn't natural, Roman.

Every one person should be accepted, yes, but don't confuse accepting people for accepting their behavior

just fuck a trap

not for christianity, jesus says simply lusting after a woman is akin to adultery

Butt Naked repented and actually got his life on track in accordance to the Truth.

have you ever read the bible? The cornerstone of Jesus' theology is that everyone who believes in him, no matter how much of a monster they are, will be granted a glorious afterlife.

Because we aren't fucking Jewish?

>muh consent
Fuck off, tel.

>The cornerstone of Jesus' theology is that everyone who believes in him, no matter how much of a monster they are, will be granted a glorious afterlife.
lolno

The Catholic Church will change or it will die. There is no other way forward. They will change their teachings and then pretend like they always held the same teachings.

Remember these guys used to believe that peasants shouldn't have rights and should only be serfs working the lands that the Church owned. They used to be against lower class peasants having an education. They used to be against the rights of women to act as free man. They used to justify all of those using their religion.

Times change.

I was actually raised Catholic and I traveled around the world and visited various countries. I noticed first of all that Catholicism is different in different countries. In the US Catholicism is practiced in a very different way that Catholicism in Europe and it's different again from Catholicism in Latin America.

My point is that religion changes constantly from political pressure.

Religions are man-made and change with political opinion like a cane in the wind.

Welcome to reality christcucks.

But here is a spoiler: it won't go the way you think it will. Liberal denoms attract a lot members in the short run, but become empty in the long run, whereas conservative denoms have a more robust and loyal following. Turns out that catering to people who don't believe in the doctrine anyway doesn't work after all, as they eventually become bored and leave.

The future of Catholicism will be of a very small remnant of traditionalist true believers, except in the third world where the lack of education and low IQ of the general population will naturally result in a larger following.

Incidentally this is why it's so important for the Catholic Church to lobby for mass immigration from the third world, as the more educated, higher IQ and individualistic free-thinking Europeans are leaving the church seats and church pockets empty, it becomes imperative to import brown, low IQ, collectivist, hive-minded hordes into Europe in order to ensure the church's corporate survival, and to subsidize the gay orgies of the clergy.

Good, Catholics aren't Christian

Another Francis and all the people that matter will have left the Catholic Church for Orthodoxy and High Church Protestantism by 2050, leaving only liberal bandwagoners, fags, and third worlders.

The entire point of the Bishops is that they are supposed to have a special union with God and can understand his will better.

So when "Catholics" go around thinking they know more about God's plan than the Bishops, or that that they know about what their own bible says than them they are not Catholics at all. These pro-LGBT Bishops are not the heretics, you are the heretic for thinking you know more than them.

In other words these people were never "Catholics" at all. They just adopt that title for themself because it gives them good standing with other monkies. "Look I'm Christians I'm morally superior to you" is what their ape sounds amount to.

>High Church Protestantism
Is super super liberal

Nope, it's Orthodoxy or bust. I can't wait for them to flock, we'll see a massive expansion of our Western rite which is like Catholicism from 1,200 years ago

Are you fucking retarded? Numerous cardinals and bishops appose the pro fag crap. Ratzinger stood against it.

>Nope, it's Orthodoxy or bust.
>Doddery unappealing slavshit church.
>Widespread conversion.

this shitpost has a point, orthodoxy is too "slavic". Disenfranchised conservative Iberians, Germans and Italians wouldn't accept it and Poles/Balts have a somewhat rightful butthurt agaisnt anything slightly russian

Religion is not made, only bad religion bends to STEMdick and politics. There is no realty, only existence and my Will.

Catholics are not Christian, they are slaves to Rome and the lovers of an Evil Empire.

Leaving Catholicism meant decolonizing myself so that I may love God's creation rather than Rome's empire and Rome's people.

>In the apostolic age many converts may have been raging boy fuckers.
And they were ALL repentant

Anatolia though....