Is the Turin Shroud just a meme?

Is the Turin Shroud just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P93I7JQY2lQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ihqZVX9zzK4
delcotimes.com/article/DC/20170424/NEWS/170429819
christiandaily.com/article/shroud-of-turin-contains-blood-of-torture-victim-new-research-indicates/60805.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is likely just pareidolia, possibly augmented and touched up to be more obvious.obvious.

Pareidolia can be pretty fucking astonishing.

There is no profile of Jesus in attached image, for example.

I like the one with dog's butthole more

Sort of.

If it was made in medieval times how would they know the image would only show up under X-rays when they had no knowledge of such things?

Because the forger was a genius in biochemistry, medicine, forensic pathology and anatomy, botany, photography and 3D computer analysis. His unknown and historically unduplicated artistic technique surpasses all great historical artists, making the efforts of DaVinci, Michelangelo, Raphael and Botticelli appear as infantile scribblings.

no

youtube.com/watch?v=P93I7JQY2lQ

what image? are you really suggesting people couldn't see the face or body on the shroud until modern times?

in the 16th century Erasmus noted that if you took all the relics in churches and monasteries in europe that were supposedly pieces of the true cross you'd have enough wood to build a fleet of warships

There's only one Shroud of Turin though.

There aren't that many Lances of Destiny either.

the point I'm making is that relics were just made up all the time

It's a lot harder (literally impossible before recently) to reproduce a Death Shroud like that though.

All you have to do to claim a piece of the True Cross is find some old wood from the Levantine desert.

what's so hard to produce about a death shroud

Not having Jesus there to wrap it around.

we don't have any idea what jesus actually looked like or if he even existed

>we don't have any idea what jesus actually looked like or if he even existed

vid related

youtube.com/watch?v=ihqZVX9zzK4

do you have a point to make or not? There are no primary sources from the life of Jesus, no descriptions of his appearance made by people who actually saw him, so how the hell do we know if its his death shroud and not someone else's?

>do you have a point to make or not? There are no primary sources from the life of Jesus, no descriptions of his appearance made by people who actually saw him, so how the hell do we know if its his death shroud and not someone else's?

>why can't we replicate it today
we can...

>we can
Proof?

>proof?
lets be fair, you dont want/care about proof.

That sure is something.

Fuck I remember when some fundie user would post paragraphs text defending the turin shroud and claiming that it was magical.
Anybody else remember him?

delcotimes.com/article/DC/20170424/NEWS/170429819

Did this "replica" duplicate all the image properties of the Shroud?

christiandaily.com/article/shroud-of-turin-contains-blood-of-torture-victim-new-research-indicates/60805.htm

yes

I doubt that

Imagine wiping your ass with the shroud.

ow the edge

I'm just saying it'd be a weird scenario.

>properties
what properties does it have besides being old cloth?