OBSIDIAN

Is this the next moon mission or is it a scamcoin ?

Other urls found in this thread:

icorating.com/project/219/Obsidian
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

basically.

Moon mission I hope. Bag holding 3k coins, adding more when I get the funds

Fluffypony is on it so it can't be THAT bad

Who's actually going to use their messaging platform though?
The tech looks solid, but normies will use facebook and whatsapp. It's whole selling point is that it's completely anonymous, but I just can't see mass adoption happening.
Dying to get into an ICO though, missed them all so far. Definitely going for enigma, thinking about this one but very on the fence.

Is anyone else biting the bullet and investing in this ICO, if so, why?

>Who's actually going to use their messaging platform though?

Doesn't matter, wait for the moon and sell that shit

>tfw only invested because Anime-chan is in on it.

I would because Anime-user recommended it, desu

Most cryptos aren't being mass adopted right now. Doesn't mean they can't carve out their own niche and grow in the future

Remember the messenger is icing on the cake.

The whole platform is the cake.

when will they open to the market after the ICO finishes?

was thinking about getting a masternode, spent the money on hookers and a music fest instead. hopefully I dont regret it, and I dont have to have a guilty conscious of helping pedos

still triggered about the wallet private keys being brought by hand from abroad and put in a safe

None of the both. They're serious about it but they try to claim a place in the over-saturated messaging market with weak usp's.

See

I'm holding about 16k ODN. Let's go bois

My issue is lack of Android app. They compare to signal and other messaging apps but their main take seems to be a desktop version of messaging. If they can pull off a mobile form of messaging, it will moon. But still unsure about it.

>Super low market cap
>Devs try to get it on major exchanges
>Current environment and sentiment towards newly released coins

I think you know what to do.

Hai hai!

As I've said before () user, there are plenty of use cases and a good reason for such. And as points out, I'm buying in also because its a blockchain platform. We'll get new services, partnerships, and announcements from here to year's end.

The devs have said that they're aiming for listings on Bittrex, Cryptopia and Liqui after the ICO ends.

It's in planning. See my next post.

>blackstone

ANIMEEE CHAAAN, NEVER STOOP

i wanted to participate in this ICO but from my understanding, US residents cannot participate in ICOs. is this correct? are any of you from burgerland that bought into an ICO before?

They're developing an instant messaging service and their PR guy doesn't even know which mobile platform they're planning on developing for.

Definitely instills me with confidence about their project.

Would it be wise to take some profits from DNT (~ 3k) and put it in this ICO (~21k tokens / 10 ETH)?

Nobody will find out, pussy

He didn't say they're weren't doing Android, just that they're focusing on iOS first user-san.

That's entirely up to you user. Personally, I'm waiting for DNT to be listed on Binance to see what happens.

What's your target price for obsidian though?

how much is a masternode

i don't want to risk having the SEC fucking me in my ass and potentially taking my profits. this isn't like smoking weed, the government is more likely to care since it has to do with money

just use a vpn

I got myself 10k ODN, did I do well?

nobody is getting in trouble for buying obsidian. just chillax.

The company is registered in the UK and they don't even ask for ID. The likelihood of this happening is pretty small

Well, it's a new blockchain platform, so I'm shooting for between $1-2. I'll sell a bit at that point, then hold the rest long term.

It's another platform? I already have ZRX and MBRS. I'm not sure my portfolio should be 100% platform tokens. You feel strongly about platform tokens vs other kinds?

>That is, we cannot say at this time with certainty the exact
number of locked-up coins an Obsidian Masternode will require and what the reward in terms of
staking and/or tx/message fees will be. The current estimate from our developers of the number
of coins required is 10,000 ODN, but we reserve the right to change this value before the
Masternodes launch for a number of reasons: costs of running the node, responsibilities of the
nodes and affordability have to be balanced to provide for a large, and ensuring a global network
that is up to the demands of satisfying the needs of our platform.
~10k prob

The whitepaper is absolute cancer to read. Person can't write for shit

TLDR it's just a platform and its main focus is social networking.
But it's based off of STRAT. Their only product is a blockchain backed messenger so that you can talk without being audited.

desu i'm not sure how i feel about this coin. It's not persuasive enough for me

First user-san, ZRX isn't a platform; it's a protocol.

Second, yes, I feel strongly about platforms because you build further services on them. I feel it gives more options than committing to a single app. I do put money into those, but only if I feel really strongly about them.

trust the based anime poster

The real question is how in the fuck did they get Fluffy listed as a (technical) advisor?

I also find that strange. Why wouldn't they work on a mobile messaged first? That is where the hype is at.

aren't there already other messaging related ICOs? like Status, Espers, probably more

on the fence

obsidian is going to moon like crazy

screencap this

How long term do you view things?

Even good coins like 0x begin to fall and the FUD is getting to me.

Struggling to hold....

Quote from fluffypony. Take your own risk cause it is an ico,but its a low risk ico based on icorating.com/project/219/Obsidian

I don't know what this is, but I wanna make profit so I'll buy it.

Strong Hands get rewarded user

This is why I sell a portion at 5x for recouping investment and profit, then keep the rest. And I define long-term as 6 months at least.

With ZRX I'm going to be careful because we have to account for how Kyber plays out.

My investing strategy mine though, user. You do what you feel is in your interest.

That sounds like a good idea.
Is Kyber bad for 0x because it pretty serve the same purpose (decentralised exchange) and are in competition with each other?

Is Kybe doing the same thing as ZRX? Decentralized trading?

Well, that's where it becomes a matter of debate. Bancor, 0x, and Kyber all tackle the same issue but with different approaches. 0x goes halfsies by using off-chain order relays with on-chain settlement. Kyber does on-chain exchange by leveraging reserves. Some argue that it's competition, but other argue that they can complement each other. However, given the zero-sum state of markets, most people just openly assume competition.

0x's advantage is that they're actively working with a number of other Ethereum-related projects that will serve to increase the value of Ethereum as a whole (we've got DNT, ANT, MakerDAO, Dharma, Melonport, etc). It's great for the community, but as a token holder you have to wait for usage to increase to see gains in value, as I understand it.

Kyber though has Vitalik advising (remember how that went for OMG?) and, from what I gather on the slack, a large amount of Chinese interest. They're kinda treating like competition against 0x like NEO is against ETH.

I'm still doing research on the matter, so don't take anything as I given, other than "keep an eye on where things are going."

all in on Kyber

money skeleton approves

Same

I feel for the people missing out on Kyber, many such cases. Sad really.

Anyone else got enough for a Master node?

I'm thinking of selling some my 0x off so I can exactly 20k OBN for 2 master nodes

I have a feeling it will be like all 0x all over again: people didn't sign up for the white list in time and will have to fight each other to buy at a higher price after it's first listed.