"Fuck you obey the law"

>"Fuck you obey the law"
Whoa! Truly enlightening, Shang! So this is the true power of Chinese philosophy...

Other urls found in this thread:

scholars-stage.blogspot.com/2013/10/not-everyone-likes-sunzi.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Military_Classics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>t. anarchist

I think he's trying to diminish Chinese accomplishments.

Which the Chinese and Chinkaboos really do like blowing out of proportion. Sure Sun Tzu was Chinese, but do they ever listen to him? Absolutely the fuck not.

Typical Westerner thinking the Sun-zi is the only thing in the Chinese military tradition.

scholars-stage.blogspot.com/2013/10/not-everyone-likes-sunzi.html

>dude just leave the cave
Absolutely revelatory, Plato.

That is because parts of the art of war are good and other parts of it are unless. Chapters 10 thru 12 are the ones I am mostly thinking of. Most of the highlights that people quote are from chapters 1 thru 3 and 13, which are the good parts of it.

That is because Sun Tzu's Art of War is the most useful of the Seven Military Classics. For example Wu Zi's Art of War, also called the Wuzi, has the same issue as the other Art of War but more so: some parts are good and other parts of it are unless.

Really the best parts of Chinese military tradition are books that most of us have never heard of that have a narrow focus on one or two subjects. The grander books usually have both the reader and the author getting lost a along the way. However those grander books those were the type of books to make it onto the Imperial Military Examinations curriculum.

As a important side note Imperial Military Examinations ended up activity hurting the Chinese military. I worked like this...

1. Learn the same things that are needed to pass the first few levels of civil service examination.
2. Learn the current Imperial Military Examinations curriculum which was Seven Military Classics plus about 2 to 5 other works that are in favor at the time.
3. Get tested on both of the above plus a large number martial skills including horse archery.
4. Have to be retested to a higher stranded in order to be eligible for promotions.
5. Get less respect then your civilian counterparts who are tested on less shit.

As a end effect most Chinese junior officers were wash outs of the civil service examination system.

Nah, it's a meme where we trivialize philosopher's points.

Welcome to Veeky Forums

>Song Dynasty military views = all of Imperial China's military views.
In much of Chinese history the line between civil and military officials could be blurry. Plenty of cases when Prime Ministers headed the military for one thing.

In my defense i would like to point out the following...

>The Ming Dynasty started to do the same thing after being in power for 20 years.
>The Tang dynasty added in the basic parts of civil service examination curriculum to the Imperial Military Examinations curriculum 40 years after starting up the Imperial Military Examinations.
> During the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms period Imperial Military Examinations or a version there of was rather common.
> Jin dynasty and Yuan dynasty did not really hold to a standard that all officers must pass the Imperial Military Examinations but most of the time Ethnic Han ended up having to pass it because they left the details of raising up second line units to their Han subjects.

>Only God can grant salvation
Really gets those synapses jogging

>Dude just like don't lie, like ever, like even if a murderer is gonna kill someone you love just don't lie to them bro it's immoral
Damn... so this is the power of Manlet Philosophy

I can see how "hey try not to be a huge selfish piece of shit" would be a completely revolutionary concept in Chinese culture

wtf is up with the lanklet psyche that they have to ascribe relative height into every topic?

You meme but it kind of is if you know anything about chinese culture.

>dude, appearances of objects in space are real because you can see them! (they aren't the actual objects though lmao)

seems sensible

>"Don't be a fucking pussy"
Truly one of the great Western philosophies.

>being selfish is bad

there's American selfish (hating people on welfare but helping people change their tire on the road) and then there's Chinese selfish (running over someone's baby and backing over it 10 times)

You don't seem to understand what selfishness is.

>found a culture upon collectivism and unquestioned obedience
>average people can't think for themselves, and so if you're selfish you can rise up easily in society by taking from others

>found a culture upon individualism and challenging power
>average people think for themselves, and so if you're generous you can rise up easily in society by giving to others

it's pretty clear what works and what doesn't

>Dude, like all rulers are corrupt and shit and all states will collapse

Fucking really?

I know what direction this conversation is taking and I hit first.

>IT JUST WERKS LMAO
Fuck off, pragmatist.

>lmao thinking for urself is good even though it isnt even valid and just a humanist meme lmao

>dude, life is like, so absurd and stuff, it all like doesn't even mean anything and it's so like, absurd
So this is the power of continental philosophy?

Existentialism is not philosophy, it's nihilism. It's analogous to positivism.

>it's like, totally unfair that some people have more than everyone else, we should just kill people who have more stuff than others and redistribute it so everyone has the same amount of stuff
Is this the power of communism?

>Sure Sun Tzu was Chinese, but do they ever listen to him? Absolutely the fuck not.
There are countless Chinese politicians, generals read his book, form ancient time to present days. Cao Cao, Li Jing, Tang Taizong, Qi Jiguang...etc all learn his teaching.

His book becomes the official military textbook since Song dynasty among other 6 different military books, which are collectively common known as "Seven Military Classics"(武經七書). Chinese officers today still have to read this in order to graduate from military schools.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Military_Classics

Also PRC's global strategy nowadays is largely base on principles from Art of War:1.不戰而屈人之兵是為上者。 2.上兵乏謀,其次伐交,其下攻城。

Think twice before you spout more nonsense.

>it's pretty clear what works and what doesn't
I guess that's why China is gradually climbing up to the top again but Western world is declining.

>muh 6000 yr old chyneezz hirtori

If you want to go that way then it should be like this: >American selfish (hating people I don't like so I just shoot them all on the road with muh patriotic AR15)

Everyone can be /pol/tier asshole.

thats albert camus, french inventor of absurdism

>1.不戰而屈人之兵是為上者。 2.上兵乏謀,其次伐交,其下攻城。

you think anybody here can read your runes?

So this is the power of chinese inferiority complex..woah

Pretty sure it's the Amerilards with the inferiority complex considering they have to shit on China every chance they get

Inferiority complex about what? China is going to own Ameriunts ass in 15 years and they're already surpassing you on certain fields.

Imagine being unloved and bullied andactually identifying with an immoral ethnonationalist state capitalist country and claiming that everyone around you is the REAL psycho.

Nah, I think Amerifats identify with 31 fluid genders and fag marriage and encourage 3-year-old toddler having estrogen pills and cut off their dicks then adopt by faggots, and actually made this lunacy into laws and promote to foreign countries, is the real psycho.

Sun Tzu didn't even exist.

I literally can't tell whether you're talking about the Chinese or the Americans

If you want to advocate against that it's fine by me but China has a psychopathy problem society wide without much social engineering.

Because you're a NEET.

ad hominem
Ad hominem everywhere

>people have different values than me
>they must be psychopaths

>psychopath shooting everyone in a building
>"Uhh actually he's not a psychopath he just has different values."

You literally don't know what happens beyond your house's walls to make such stupid statements.

>Strawman
Did a chinaman rape your mother or something? Why all this unbridled hate against the Chinese. You ever think all those crazy webm's of Chinks doing scandalous shit were able to cross the language barrier into the english internet because the Chinese were outraged by the contents in them as well?

>Inferiority complex about what?
>pretending the chineese government is not pushing that narrative non stop to make the Chinese people hyper competitive.

Its a good fucking idea do.

>just like, go with the flow man
mind bogglingly profound