Why was this peninsula of Asia so successful?

Why was this peninsula of Asia so successful?

Other urls found in this thread:

pam.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Constantinople
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In part because of the fertile crescent which made possible for the first civilizations to flourish.

The whole thing is a fuckin shoreline there were like 3 landlocked nation states in its history, do the math

Romans brought order, Christianity brought civilization.

>Christianity brought civilization

Location in relation to the Americas and instance of a desire to explore (being at the worst end of the Silk Road) is what really made Yurofags really successful

Plus being so fragmented and constantly warring or competing with one another made them better conquerors in the end imho famalam

An island off the shore with coal and iron reserves

>Christianity brought civilization.

lel

Superior human capital.

One man delivered it as divine above all other places.

Cus we are white, and superior.

Because it never united under a singular system/ideology.

It's absurd to say but constant wars and invasions have forced us to be always ahead of our enemies in order to survive just like asians.
Africa has never suffered a real major war/invasion and despite having a lot of natural resources the builded almost nothing.

>Africa has never suffered a real major war/invasion

Oh yeah I forgot the """HUGE""" european armies counting hundred of thousands of men marching into the Sahara or in the jungles of Congo during colonialism, I mean they had to be hundred of thousands in order to win they only had rifles,cannons,cavalry and machine guns.
I meant vast invasions not few thousand of european soldiers without their families.

Incas were superior to europeans though.

There were plenty of wars between African nations, that had nothing to do with Europeans.

The entire planet has a violent past. Humans are a violent species. Saying Europe advanced just because they were more violent sounds like some broscience shit I'd see on Spike tv.

My point is if I have to defend my whole life from numerous enemies and they have to defend themselves from me and other enemies both of us will try to find new ways to defeat eachother to improve our armies and weapons and to create an economy that can make us afford it, the conflict of the African kingdoms cannot be compared in size with the thirty years war,the seven years war,the war of Austrian succession and the great northern war (what I mean is mass wars not small tribe/kingdom wars).
Europe was more advanced because it was required in order to resist and not be crushed by your neighbor and his allies.

almost three thousand years of constant war between small/decentralized states/tribes evolves into the survival/expansion of the fittest groups which facilitated growth in culture, education, quality of population etc

oh yeah also good trade routes, especially in the mediterranean

>Massacred by a couple hundred filthy Spaniards
>superior

Plus near constant interactions with the near east and good distance from the steppe peoples who regularly fell on and wrecked everything, everywhere. On occasion they'd into Europe but it was never as bad as trying to keep a civilizational thread going in central or west Asia.
I know you mentioned trade routes, but the Mediterranean itself helped a lot in many more aspects, such as natural defensive barrier and offensive conduit.

This.

Competition breeds success.

By that logic Manchuria should be European tier.
>Peninsula of Asia
Burger education, everyone.

Loaded question, it wasn't successful.

>Burger education, everyone.

It is a peninsula fucktard

"Manchuria" is cold

So is 3/5ths of Europe.

>Peninsula OF ASIA
Burger education, everyone.

>Burger education

The US isn't one of the countries that sees Asia and Europe as a single continent.

pam.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

European here, it's technically true, Europe/Asia separation is cultural and historic.

No.
Eastern Europe is super warm and cozy until you're deep in Russia.

>he doesn't know the definition of a continent

Mediterranean Sea

white people

>the further north you go the more IQ and civilizations increase

Hmmmm. weird, ain't it?

>Be too retarded to wash self
>Develop contagious diseases due to shit living conditions
>Make contact with superior civilization
>%90 of them die due to not being filthy animals
>Massacre half of them

>"Superior"

Christianity gave the world more innovation than Islam ever did

Thread is over guys. Montezuma pro has entered the tread. Watch the orangutans and superior Incans fly in

But they were all so good at it that nothing really changed and if it changes they will force the borders back to how they were pre-war

Siberia master race?

>definition of a continent
Its totally arbitrary. You could legitimately make an argument that there are as little as two continents or as many as 12 maybe more.

eskimo master race?

3 continents seems like a minimum , americasa, asieurofrica, and antarctica

I think this would be the most useful classification.

DUDE BORNEO!?

>HURR India is part of Eurasia!
>DURR but New Zealand is it's own continent!

If you don't like that, talk to The Designer. He made Eurasia a big blob.

You would have 6 big landmasses: Africa, Eurasia, Antarctica, Australia, North America, South America.(New Zealand would just be an archipelago for convenience),
Seems pretty straight forward.

(You)

>I have to defend my whole life from numerous enemies and they have to defend themselves from me and other enemies both of us will try to find new ways to defeat eachother to improve our armies and weapons

This applies literally everywhere. Do you seriously think it was all sunshine and rainbows in the other continents?

The only reason Europe had larger scale wars was because they had greater technology and organized societies able to support them. The greater technology lead to larger wars, not the other way around.

You see most of the world is redder than Europe, right?

>protestant work ethic and the spirit of capitalism
Dude even if you're secular and don't believe in Christ, Weber explained how Protestantism fueled capitalism

>European here
Said no European ever. You don't fool anyone
>it's technically true, Europe/Asia separation is cultural and historic.
No one ever calls the unified landmass of Europe and Asia "Asia." They call it Eurasia. If OP would have said "Why was this peninsula of Eurasia so successful?" He wouldn't have looked like a low IQ niglet.
Everything is arbitrary. The original 3 continents go back to ancient times and have resonated with people remarkably well. "It's arbitrary" is the laziest excuse for a non-argument one can think of.

Obviouly the mediterranean and the arctic are interior seas. The panama and suez canals are artifical, and the former doesn't cut all the land bridge.

Therefore, we live on a supercontinent. Australia and antarctica get to be islands.

>Eastern Europe is super warm and cozy until you're deep in Russia.
That's a funny way to say cold and wet

It's a way of showing how Europe essentially grows out of Asia like a peninsula as all it's land borders are with the aforementioned continent. No need to show your supreme enligthened intellect and sperg about technicalities you dense autist

Tectonics plate set have nothing to do with the boundaries of the continents and we're thought up of way later in our history

>It's a way of showing how Europe essentially grows out of Asia like a peninsula as all it's land borders are with the aforementioned continent.
Who's to say it isn't Asia that grows out of Europe? It was you who played "muh arbitrary" card. Just because Asia is bigger doesn't mean jack shit.
>No need to show your supreme enligthened intellect and sperg about technicalities you dense autist
Even normies know that the unified landmass of Asia and Europe is called Eurasia. It's not some esoteric knowledge. The only thing shown itt is how much if a dumbass OP is.

I see the standards of supreme enligthenment have sunk as of late...

Dicklet complex translated into geopolitics

>100 idolateers/sarracens for every christian
>constant fear of invasion
>really tiny nations that are divided themselves

>Baghdad Caliphate had the Bait al Hikma, public and national library, center of knowledge, and saviours of greek philosophy
>the church banned books, closed greek philosophy academies, kept peasants dumb and kept books only for themselves
Really jogges the nogges

No. Also Europe is heavily populated compared to the Siberia, Central Asia, the Maghreb, Anatolia, Egypt and the Levant. aka all it's neighbors.

How did arabs fuck up despite having that kind of knowledge and insitutions is the real mystery.

Yes, please, let the mexicans stay with the gringos.

You do realize Europe hasn't always had superior technology right?

Nice meme

Not in Africa for sure, while in Europe,Asia and Middle East there were the major wars (I admit I should have specified but I am not trying to impose an eurocentric dogmatic point of wiev).
Give me the name of a major war between african nations before the colonization era and modern era.
(Pic unrelated)

Not cold. Gulf stream keeps Eastern Europe warm and the winds blow mainly from the west during winter.
In East Asia, they also blow from the west which is why Korea is colder than Spain.

Except it's true

>Baghdad Caliphate had the Bait al Hikma, public and national library, center of knowledge, and saviours of greek philosophy

Sure, the Caliphate 'saved' Greek philosophy, from the Greeks.
Utter retardation.
The Arabs had nothing that exceeded what you could find in Constantinople, just reminding you of that. Also that pretty much all our knowledge of the classics is because of the Byzantines, not the Arabs.
Oh, and also most of the translation that went on in Baghdad was done by Assyrian Christian scholars, as well as other dhimmi intellectuals from Iran.

>the church banned books

And the Arabs didn't? They burned the entire library of the Sassanid state when they conquered Ctesiphon.
Are you this gullible when someone tells you that a non-European empire is sooooooooo great and cuddly and mushy?

>closed greek philosophy academies
>kept peasants dumb
>kept books only for themselves

ERE was the most literate society of the Western middle ages, moreso than the caliphate.
As for centres of learning:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Constantinople

You have a milky, cheesy, buttery - dairy in any case - view of history, probably cobbled together out of wishful myths and orientalist dreams of a progressive, multicultural Islamic empire.

>Give me the name of a major war between african nations before the colonization era and modern era.

[lack of sources intensifies]

>triggered
Westerners, ladies and gentlemen

Europe came in behind in technology until it just rocketed off with the launch of it's complete hegemony over the world in 1500-1900s

>Claims to be better than /pol/
>Calls triggered when he can't make a counter point
>An idea ripped straight off of /pol/

Veeky Forums-tier
Go read a book, wee man.