USA introduce restrictions on cryptocurrencies

USA introduce restrictions on cryptocurrencies
China hail and encourage blockchain technology

If this keep going this way, soon your relative will be creating my Nike sweat shoose.

The skyscrapers will be immense due to blockchain fundings to split the profits to the investors thus raising millions without an issue.
While you in USA will be living with a shoebox to protect from the rain.

How does it feel to be inferior?

Agreed. Every american should try do whatever in their power to prevent crypto regulation. ICOs and exchanges excluding US residents is only the beginning

sounds like we American NEO holders will be sitting pretty :)

any americans here actually participated in an ICO? if so, aren't you afraid of getting into legal problems? are all ICOs deemed illegal or just some of them?

buying unlicensed securities is not a problem. selling them is what could get you into trouble.

and by selling i mean starting your own ICO. but seriously do you faggots really think the US is gonna crack down on people like Vitalik? doubt it

so buying coins from an ICO isn't illegal in the us? it's only the sellers that could get into legal trouble? i wanted to get into the 0x ICO but i didnt want to get butt fucked by the SEC or have them busting down my door or some shit. very large opportunity missed for me

yup. it's just the people doing the ICO who could theoretically get fucked by not following securities laws. buyers are just the "victims" if you wanna call em that.

The issue is that
a) it's in the T&Cs of the ICO that you are not allowed to participate. So if the people running the ICO should get into trouble they could revoke your participation.
b) if you make money and need to tax it. You made it by illegallly agreeing to some organizations T&Cs, knowing you are not eligible. Your money could get seized and / or you fined.

Also ICOs now require ID for KYC.
God, I hate the “land of the free“

very well put and thank you for your responses. this type of shit is why i haven't bought into an ICO yet. i bought over 100 eth in march and ive been itching to buy into some of these ICOs but i dont want to get fucked somehow.
i have two options:
1) yolo it and buy into an ICO and hope nothing goes wrong. even a small chance of getting fucked puts me off to this
2) wait unitl the coins hit an exchange and buy into them at a slightly higher price like a cuked loser. a lot safer but it's pretty lame

Which just makes the choice to just completely disallow us easier

read the 10th amendment and then think to yourself
>wow we actually are fucking doomed

I would suggest etherdelta for directly after ICOs. The GUI is a nightmare but it's decentralized and the prices are very close to ICO prices after it ends

thanks. just curious, are you in the US? have you participated in any ICOs? or do you just buy off of exchanges?

No, I'm not US citizen. Just interested in the space as I am concerned about recent attempts on regulation.
Afaik ICOs are not illegal in any way. The SEC only gave out a warning that they might consider certain tokens as securities and that they might fall under US law if sold in the US. That's why most ICOs stax clear of it now, just in case

i still don't know what to do if i should just say fuck it and buy into and ICO or wait for them to hit an exchange. what do you think the chances of getting fucked over as a buyer are when buying into an ICO? do coins usually pump or more often dump once they hit an exchange? i need to do more research i guess

Afaik it's more the legal responsibility of the exchange or ICO organizer to ensure compliance with local law. If it does not state in the T&Cs that you are excluded as US citizen you should be fine. That's why I suggested etherdelta - it's decentralized.
In regards of which ICO to buy, you have to do your own research. Some go up when they hit exchanges, some plummet into nowhere.
E.g. my worst decision was to buy into MYST when it hit bittrex.
One of my better ones were buying d0x directly after ICO. Gave me a x4

thank you for your responses. perhaps i can help you with some suggestions of ICOs that looks very promising to me that you yourself can look into, it's the only quid pro quo i can offer.
i think that Enigma and Aventus look VERY promising. the reason being is that they both have very good devs and very interesting ideas. plus they both have working prototypes. you should look into them yourself and see what you think

I'll have a look at them, thanks.
Last one I looked at was WCX. My conclusion was to stay out. A lot of free tokens which will be dumped after launch, a whitepaper that contradicts their vision / roadmap and some borderline false statements in their advertising campaign are more worrying. Good luck with your decisions!

US is afraid nobody will buy their fiat. That would mean no more money for war.

th people of usa are mostly great. a few deranged individuals become lawyers or government lickers. the politicians of the usa are actually the enemy of the people, the politicians and their goons are working for jew law and money. the main goal for thee good people is to kill off the lawyer/jew/po;iti class and start again with the constion

constitution. wireless keyboards suck