What -- or who -- do you think inspired the vampire myth?

What -- or who -- do you think inspired the vampire myth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4a7tEaJBA3U
youtube.com/watch?v=7KU2tVbczbc&list=LLt2OaFZ8Jn1Sb9cWg1pJ21g&index=18
buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Last_Angel_in_Hell_(comic)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What about people who drunk human blood?

Same time period as Europeans who drew rabbits and other animals?

Probably metaphor for the ruling class sucking the life out of the people through torture and murder.

Vlad the Impaler.

Accos many cultures you have stories of the dead rising from their graves and feeding on the living.

Around the early modern period authors started using local myths combined with stuff they made up to create the modern idea of the vampire

>Look like ordinary people yet will sneakily leech off you and kill you

Gee, I wonder

You want to hear Jew, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=4a7tEaJBA3U
Wizard did a video on it

Women?

Lilith, it´s in the Old Testament
Probably from mesopotamian or egyptian origin

Ancients with teeth problems and no dentists. Toothache will drive you insane and murderous.

> pretty sure the Sumerians mention them.

it all makes sense now
youtube.com/watch?v=7KU2tVbczbc&list=LLt2OaFZ8Jn1Sb9cWg1pJ21g&index=18

>What -- or who -- do you think inspired the vampire myth?
According to your thumbnail, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Post-mordem body movements

I've heard it said that it stemmed from peasant superstition when something bad would happen, and they'd have a corpse of an evil man in a coffin, they'd unearth it after a couple of days because they believed the bad person that had died had caused the problems they were facing. Sometimes, the corpse had blood running down the side of its mouth and longer nails because of decomposition, but still look pretty recognizable, so the public fantasy created the vampire.

Now Count Dracula on the other hand has my favorite origin myth. Although yes, Vlad the Impaler played a part in it, there is a story of a meeting of 19th century writers in Germany. These writers, most notable of which being the Shelleys and Lord Byron, among others, had a contest to see who could write the best scary story. It is said that this meeting brought the book of Frankenstein into this world, but that's not important. What was important is that in that meeting, there was an Italian writer whose name I have forgotten that hated Lord Byron with a passion. He hated him so much that he created a character made to represent him. A person that was good-looking, living in a castle, with an odd character, and quite popular with the ladies, who he'd use simply as a way to sustain his youth. And so, Count Dracula was born. However, the story didn't receive too much recognition, since the man was pretty obscure, UNTIL it came to the attention of a certain Bram Stoker, and the result was the Count we know and love today.

are you talking about Varney the Vampire?

Underrated

holy shit dude

Blood libel Jews

Jews using gentile babies for matzo bread. inb4 "that's debunked"

Vlad the Impaler

There were very few in the Balkans

Aristocracy

AT LAST I TRULY SEE

Most ancient analogue are the Nuristani people in modern day Afghanistan.
Their ancestors worshipped the Yama the death god. In ancient texts,they were known as Pisacha-aka ghouls,the legends starts here.

>A dinosaur cursed God in it's own dinosaur way.
What the fuck am I reading and why is it so fucking awesome

source of that pic?

dinosaurs make everything awesome

Imagine you are a jew being holocausted, it is awful, you are cold all the time, your family has been murdered, you are starving, you could be brutally tortured to death by dr. mengele or some socio guard at any time

now imagine instead of nazis they are dinosaurs

buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Last_Angel_in_Hell_(comic)

What if instead of gas champers they toss Jews into a dinosaurs mouth?

thanks

It is though, you fucking retard. Do you believe the Jews caused bubonic plague, too?

Woah.

Two relevant and informative posts.

Kinda typical for Veeky Forums
get two or three serious, informative replies,
more replies based on entirely biased opinions like the Jews
then some retards jerking off to dumb shit like dinosaurs