This is German territory

This is German territory.
Let me make this clear; GERMAN, not FRENCH.

Other urls found in this thread:

jrbooksonline.com/polish_atrocities.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabern_Affair
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Actually, it is Swiss clay.

France owned Alsace since before the concept of a united Germany really existed. It is french.

Actually, it's Italian clay sweetie

[Citation needed]

What is the HRE?

French revisionism at it's finest.

>inb4 Charlemagne was French!!!11

Yeah, they just speak German for fun. In their hearts they are true Frenchies.

this

Terrible map

They speak a German dialect, and their culture is Germanic, but they identify with France over Germany.

France is a German colony gone rogue, think GB-USA.

>They speak a German dialect, and their culture is Germanic,
Was. France outlawed speaking German.

>but they identify with France over Germany.
Actually they would change back if they could vote about it. Alsace turned to utter shit under French rule.

A weak amalgamation of inbred Germans who chimp out on anything and everything.

This is Flemish territory
Let me make this clear; FLEMISH, not FRENCH.

The French are a bunch of clay stealing niggers, and the worst part is they get away with it too most of the time

I have always been under the impression that, given the option, Alsatians would vote for...

1. Alsatian Independence
2. Union with France
==POWER GAP==
3. Union with Germany

>The French are a bunch of clay stealing niggers, and the worst part is they get away with it too most of the time
Oh yes, this. And nu-males on this board love them for it.

>anybody wants to be part of France
not fucking likely

pic related is a historical depiction of the birth of a frenchman

>oppress Germans for centuries
>persecute their culture, burn their cities
>act surprised when Germans chimp out

Typical French.

Not my point. My point is that it was owned by France before anyone talked about the concept of a nation for German people. Regardless in modern Alsace most of the population speaks French.
"A 1999 INSEE survey, included in the 1999 Census, the majority of the population in Alsace speaks French as their first language, 39.0% (or 500,000 people) of the population speaks Alsatian, 16.2% (or 208,000 people) speaks German, 75,200 people speak English (or 5.9%) and 27,600 people speak Italian.[25]"
Not a German nation state. It always included Bohemia and for much of its history included large areas of Italy, as well as lands populated by Flemish and Walloons.

>The French are a bunch of clay stealing niggers
And Germans aren't? You know literally dividing up Poland like a fucking birthday cake, that is okay, but having a small area with a Flemish majority, that is truly the worst thing on earth.

>Regardless in modern Alsace most of the population speaks French.
>"A 1999 INSEE survey, included in the 1999 Census, the majority of the population in Alsace speaks French as their first language, 39.0% (or 500,000 people) of the population speaks Alsatian, 16.2% (or 208,000 people) speaks German, 75,200 people speak English (or 5.9%) and 27,600 people speak Italian.[25]"
50 years ago 91% spoke German. Tells you lot about French "culture" politics.

>Bohemia
To be fair, they narrowly avoided Germanization.

>Flemish
A Germanic people, much like the others who eventually made up modern Germans.

France had been doing it for centuries beforehand, and the point of his post is that they got away with it.

I'm Alsatian. Alsace is an Alsatian land. Elsass frei.

>50 years ago 91% spoke German. Tells you lot about French "culture" politics.
Yes and? Repeatedly start wars and lose and people are going to get tired of your shit. If we base land claims on historical claims than that opens up the door to pretty much anyone claiming anything. Clearly France should own everything west of the Rhine because the first empire, first Republic, and province of Gaul. Clearly Greece should own Turkish Thrace despite the fact that the region has a higher population than Greece and is almost entirely Muslim, clearly Mexico should regain control of California, Texas, and all their other lands.

>People conquer lands they want, news at 11
You keep acting like conquering land during the 15th to 18th century was something uniquely French as opposed to something everyone did.

When France does it, the board celebrates it. When Germany does it, the board goes apeshit. If I'm being unfair, it's because the simultaneous French-dicksucking and German-hateposting of Veeky Forums is out of control.

>When France does it, the board celebrates it.
Not really.
>When Germany does it, the board goes apeshit.
Because Germans aren't people, they started two world wars and exist only to bitch and moan about how they lost land and then proceed to steal land from others.

>Not really.
We regularly have unironic French-wanking and anti-German threads every week. Multiple threads a day, sometimes.

>Because Germans aren't people
Oh, so you're one of these.

>they started two world wars
For the sake of discussion, even if the first war was Germany's fault...
1. The unified, militaristic Germany was largely a result of previous French aggression
2. The Germans existed for centuries before Hitler, Willy or even Bismarck

My family comes from there, but now I live in the Netherlands. I think I should go back and increase the numbers of Dutch speakers there.don't forget Lille and surroundings is Flemish clay too

Thankfully we have the concept of self-determination these days. Hold a referendum in every disputed territory in the world and see how it goes.

>b-b-but the Germans!!!!
Last time i checked the Flemish had little to do with the German's foreign policy

>literally speaks German...
That's like saying the Mexican speakers in Minnesota are Swedish.

>Alsatians
>starting wars

Get out frogaboo cunt and take your shitty language with you

It would still be to this day too if a certain (((someone))) didn't stab the Fatherland in the back.

This is French territory.
Let me make this clear; FRENCH, not GERMAN.

Seriously, though, all the people on our side of the Rhine are Gauls in denials, even if some were brainwashed into believing they were Germanics.

Switzerland is Burgundian clay.

It is Swabian territory.

of course it's German, it's ethnically German and it's main city is called StarsBURG

HR Emperor and king of Germany in Strassburg, i am convinced that it is German

France can have Walloonia and Brussels as compensation

>started two world wars
Polish chauvinism literally knows no bounds. The world went through the Second World War largely because of Poland and her taste for lands that belong to others.

"Poland wants war with Germany and Germany will not be able to avoid it even if she wants to." (Polish Marshal Rydz-Smigly)

jrbooksonline.com/polish_atrocities.htm

A L S A C I A

S O N

A R G E N T I N A

Yeah history has been unfair to Germany and good to France. Germans are the best people in the world though :) I hope things went better for them in an alternate universe.
>btw not German or Germanic just a fan

>says Alsatians are Germans
>says Alsatians haven't started wars
>Germans have started many wars
hmmm

>compensating another country with the territory of another country that isn't yours
Eternal Kraut folks

Brussels is French, Starssburg is German

everyone should get the lands that belong to him

Fucking around with belgian clay is an easy way to lose a war, Kraut

Should the Germans, therefore, give up territory to the Sorbs? Or give Schleswig-Holstein to the Danes? Or give Bayern to the Austrians?

im not german

>Should the Germans, therefore, give up territory to the Sorbs?
i think they're too small and few in number, maybe some local autonomy

>Or give Schleswig-Holstein to the Danes?
i don't know, i think most of it was german originally

>Or give Bayern to the Austrians?
both austrians and bavarians are german and should join germany

There's some truth in this post.

A confederation of petty kingdoms, united in their cuckoldry to Austria.

This is French territory.
Let me make this clear; FRENCH, not G(*RMAN.

Brussels is Dutch. It was the first capital of the Netherlands

>
>
>

Thanks to them we have a Dutch state now. There have been many wars between the Burgundian dukes and the French king, but they defended the Netherlands as their own children and now most of the Netherlands aren't part of France nor Germany.

I smell a larper...

Actually, the Alsatian humanists of the early modern era were most of the time German patriots and emphasized that Alsace was a part of Germany, not France

>bunch of disorganized duchies
>the duch(y) republic

ehehehhehehe

Could apply this to the whole thread desu.

Those duchies weren't disorganized at all. In fact they were only dependent on France and Germany in name. All the duchies had the same duke and the same laws. Everything was governed from Brussels. In fact it was more organized than France and Germany around that time (the territory was smaller and all the power was in hands of one man).

No matter what, NO MATTER WHAT happened in the past, France owns this clay ( As a matter of fact they fought and won for it, yes, France did win BOTH world wars, but let's ignore that fact not to hurt your German sensitivity ), today Alsacians and Lorrains mostly speak French, German is only spoken by old people and is therefore dying, and they also speak Alsatian but it is a local dialect as they exist all around France ( They speak an Italian sounding dialect in Nice, and a Spanish sounding one in Perpignan, yet you don't hear Italy or Spain chimp out about MUH NATION STATE ). They identify themselves as French and even get pissed when you ask them if they're German.
Fuck off to your side of the Rhine.

>Source : I live in StarsBOURG, not StrasBURG

you have to give all that clay back, Jeaques

Strassburg=German
Nice+Corsica=Italian

plus independence for the bretons and the occitans

I have Alsacian heritage. Alsace belongs to Alsace. Frogs and krauts can fuck off.

No one wants to join Italy in Nice, nor does Corsica ( A small minority wants independance, but they know deep down that they need the mainland's trade and tourism to survive so it ain't ever gonna happen )
And movements towards independance in Brittany are dying out faster than your thousand years re*ch

No Hans, you spelled it wrong again, try with me :

S T R A S B O U R G

A dog who think he's a pig and makes oink oink is not a pig

Independance in Brittany's pretty much a joke let's be honest here.
Only time I remember hearing of it was a few years back with the Bonnets Rouges shit, and even then it was pretty much shot down by locals who thought the idea was retarded.

If you want Alsace so bad, why don't you go there yourself and try to start a rebellion ? Oh nevermind, the locals will BTFO you back to the other side of the Rhine

>implying that Alsace isn't actually Spanish territory

That's pretty much the story of any independantist movment in France, only old people and retards want it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zabern_Affair

Why this happened?

This, even Germany didn't want Alsace

I'm not even German, I just think it's pretty ridiculous to adopt the language and nationality of the conqueror and be proud of it

Shows a bit of how things were. Tensions throughout the WWI pretty much set the idea of Alsatians not being Germans.
And I mean don't get me wrong, the French government had its fair share of autistic policies post war (especially on language and shit), which left locals, even today, with a sour taste. But if you're asking an Alsatian nowadays - can't speak for the past though I doubt there'd be massives differences to today -, he'll tell ya he's an Alsatian first and a French second (though regionalism is strong about everywhere in France. Even a guy from Anjou or Auvergne would probably say the same). The idea of being German would be laughed at.

it's still german

if you really want it to be french rename it to routeville or strateville or something

Bavaria is not austrian and Austria is not Bavarian, they were seperate entiries since the 1300s for a reason.

No user, Alsace belongs to France which in turn belongs to the EU. Don't make me get the CRS.

Alsace-Lothringen is Serbia.

Europe is rightful German clay.

>German education
It's rightful Dutch clay, sweetie.

Don't forget to return "French" Flanders to the Netherlands.

It clearly says "Frankish"

>Bavaria is not austrian and Austria is not Bavarian
Same people.

>franc
>francia
>france

Coincidence? I think not!

>Gauls LARPing as Franks

modern france is big enough to include much more than traditional gaul
unlike germany, france didn't lose her european empire :)

French logic: the people should be free to choose which country they want to belong to, and as the people of Alsace chose France, they are rightfully French.

Germ logic: WE ARE NOW THE EMPERORS OF EVERYONE WHO SPEAKS A VAGUELY GERMANIC LANGUAGE BECAUSE WE SAY SO, ALSO THIS GRAPH SHOWS THAT YOU SHARE HALF A HAPLOTYPE WITH US THEREFORE SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DO EVERYTHING WE SAY AND IF WE EVER GET REKT IN TWO WORLD WARS THAT WE STARTED AND YOU MANAGE TO BREAK FREE WE WILL SPEND THE REST OF ETERNITY PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVELY WHINING ABOUT HOW THAT'S NOT FAIR

'Frankish' and 'French' share the same etymology, you guys do realize that right?

They're literally the same word meaning the exact same thing.

"Francia" is just Latin for "France", and the first turned into the second as Latin turned into French.

yeah reminds me of "ruthenia" vs "russia"

No. Especially not since the "French" was the Franks biggest enemy from the start.

What's the point of this kind of mindless shitposting, it's not even humorous.

Which mean French

>we are our own enemies

Care to explain ?

Franks come from Austrasia, whereas "French" come from Neustria. After 843 Neustria and other southern territories became West-Francia and Austrasia (in which the most important places of the Franks were (Cologne (hometown of the Franks), Metz, Aachen (last capital of Francia))) became the kingdom of Lotharingia). Since then the French have always tried to claim the Frankish territories, such as Alsace and Lorraine, because those were part of the Frankish homelands and Kind of a holy land. The French will always be the eternal enemy of the Franks because people like you try to claim their identity and erase their real idendity. The Rhine wasn't meant to be the border between Germany and France, but Germany and Lotharingia.

But did they come from Pannonia?