Why Catholics choose to be Catholics?

Most people enter into the Catholic religion because of ignorance, and since most of them rarely even read their bibles they have no idea that what the church preaches is different to what's written but why, even when some Catholics are confronted and shown what they bible says, still choose to believe in their church instead of the words of God?

Other urls found in this thread:

pravoslavieto.com/docs/eng/Orthodox_Catechism_of_Philaret.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I this is mainly by heritage, because that's what they were taught

This is true of every belief that you grow up with. People aren't rational, they believe things because they make them feel secure or worth something, not because they make sense.

Haven't you spent enough time on this site to figure that out yet, much less gone outside?

with all due respect sir, that's a really crappy and inaccurate meme.

Why do seculars think that 'muh independent thinks!' is good or relevant to Christianity?

>I this is mainly by heritage, because that's what they were taught
This is true of all belief systems, including atheism. The vast majority of people never investigate their own beliefs.

What does the bible say about dancing with snakes and speaking in tongues you fucking fruit?

Try this one then

I disagree with you, most people choose to believe whatever is most convenient for them, disregarding whether it makes sense or not.

>this is what a heretic thinks
You were refuted centuries ago Luther, go back to the eternal hellfire from whence you came.

What do you mean by that?

Not a single mention of people dancing with snakes in the whole bible. When the bible mentions that term of speaking in tongs, it doesn't refer to some made up angel language, it refers to languages other people spoke around that time period such as latin and what not.

say that to my beard, idolator

You need to get a better understanding of the different branches of Christianity, Protestantism is a rehash of catholicism. That guy Joel is a charismatic shill. Christians have one book and one book only which is the holy KJV bible. nothing to do with catholics, or protestants or the orthodox

What does a heretic thinks? That the bible is truth?

That guy isn't related to my post whatsoever, in his own words the catholic church left him, he didn't leave the catholic church

>x protestant interpretation of scripture is the highest authority of faith because ???

But user that is a fundamental mistake

"what must I do to be saved? and they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

because an 8yo couldn't draw into the conclusion that salvation is a gift reading the bible on his own. Right? By the way I'm not even protestant, that's just a rehash of Catholicism

gotta talk to bo(b)son before you even begin to debate catholicism

>and since most of them rarely even read their bibles

End this meme.

it's hard to admit everything you were taught as a child is a lie and being a catholic is really easy

it's not a meme, it's reality

I mean, 'independent thought' is a humanist meme. It has no place within Christianity.
>uh lmao look at me im thinkin fer meself SCIENCE IS FER GAYS!

But don't they already believe that the bible is the word of God? It's not easy to be saved according to the Catholics, you have to constantly do stuff for them/with them or you'll go to hell. It's way easier to be saved according to the teachings of the bible which are the truth and the only way to get saved. According to the bible all it takes is faith

The KJV is the disgusting product of Angl*s that does not contain several books used in Catholicism and Orthodoxy.
No it's not you fucking child.
Either if they don't read it, they hear it orally. You do realize that oral transmission is still prevalent now? Fucking humanists.

There's plenty of room for that in Christianity, ideally you would align with everything the bible says but plenty of people are mixed up in a lot of stuff and even then they can be saved. You could be a Nazi that believes in Jesus and you'd still go to heaven.

Catholicism implies constant renewal of your commitment with Christ and his teachings. Unlike Protestantism and the "just believe in Jesus and that's it" or Calvinism where it doesn't matter how are you in life you are probably going to hell anyway. Do you really think God would prefer people who just believe in him and not others who try to demonstrate it by their actions?

Because it's a more fulfilling form of Christianity that has more in common with early christianity as it would have been practised in the days of Paul than modern protestantism.
Have you actually read the catechism?
Where do you take these supposed facts about catholicism from?

those books are not cannon.

>No it's not you fucking child.

you are either retarded or in denial, it's a fact that the vast majority of Catholics don't read the bible.

>hear it orally

sure, because Catholic preachers preach the whole bible and use tons of scripture to back their arguments up and whatnot.

Are you willfully ignorant or you are too deep into idolatry a.k.a. the worship of devils to know what's the message of the gospel? You know Jesus has the power to save you right? All you have to do is believe in the bible and his words

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

What makes you think Catholics don't read the Bible? No Proddie memes or propoganda, give me a viable reason.

Look up the origins of Catholicism, and you'll be surprised at its real identity (Mystery Babylon).

You are saved through christs sacrifice, not by your actions.

Christianity stands on the Gospel of God's sovereign grace. In love, God predestines His chosen ones to be adopted as sons through Jesus Christ, their sole mediator.

If constant renewal where to be a thing, the Lord Jesus wouldn't had had to say this "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." using birth as an analogy because salvation is something that happens once, in a moment and is irreversible.

I'm not a protestant once again, I'm a christian I believe in the bible not in men. And actually "just believe in Jesus and that's it" is what the bible teaches, if you disagree with that you are backing your faith/belief on the words of men.

Of course God want's his servants to be useful, but believing that works + faith is what gets you into heaven is not the message of the gospel "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." salvation is a gift.

>align with the Bible
You don't understand Christianity.

>has more in common with early christianity as it would have been practised in the days of Paul than modern protestantism.

has more in common with early Christianity and blatantly disregards the teachings of the holy bible, yeah right mate.

Personal experiences

They aren't canon (to you) because you're a disgusting Angl* heretic.
READING THE BIBLE IS A COOPERATE PROTESTANT MEME, DESIGNED BY THOSE TOTALLY INCAPABLE OF RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT.

so were Romans in the right to allow Jews to kill Jesus?
y/n?

It could be all that idolatry, which is, you know, Forbidden by god in the bible

Because if you ask them "if you were to die today, are you 100% you would go to heaven" they answer "I hope so, I mean, I've been a pretty good person"

and also because if you ask them "are you a christian?" they say "No, I'm catholic"

You're right.
Posting the fixed version.

>praying with Mary
Even your fucking image name contradicts you.

How come?

Praying to a graven image contradicts gods laws

So im alright

>see a protestant on fire
>offer him the proven tradition of water from a hose
>he spits at me
>tells me he has a relationship with water of his own
>hoses are heresy
>faucets are not in the bible
>everyman is a fireman
>mfw

They were not “When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.”

that's a reference to a law of the old testament, according to that law in order for Pilate to had been innocent he would not had been a witness to Jesus crucifixion.

I said no memes.

So your anecdotal evidence proves all Catholics don't read the Bible?

Also Catholics are Christian.

Praying WITH
WHY CANT HERETICS READ
YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF GOD'S LAWS BECAUSE YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
NO MAN WHO DENOUNCES THE MOTHER OF CHRIST MAY RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT

Great analogy mate. those traditions sure are proven and all, the Lord said this “But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” for no reason at all.

Once again I'm not a protestant, I have nothing to do with the great whore that is the catholic church.

>Dante
>strongly hints at the Pope being in Hell
>puts a pagan (Cato) in Purgatorio
;) nice try buddy

>Praying WITH
How can you pray with a dead person?

>YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
I am saved by the grace of god, not filthy rags

The holy spirit is indwelling me

nice cherrypicking there papist

>how can you pray with a dead person
You keep admitting heresy. Stop that.

>So your anecdotal evidence proves all Catholics don't read the Bible?

It proves that most Catholics don't read their bible. They aren't, if they were followers of Christ then they'd had the Holy Ghost in them

"But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

>offers a hose
>as your pope pours gasoline on the already hundreds of raging fires
>as the head of your institution that has started countless fires in history
>your institution literally parallels the definition of an arsonist set food in the book of legal codes
yeah no gonna pass on that

Protestant does not come from protesting against the doctrines of the Catholic Church. This is a common misconception.

John Eck destroyed Luther's theological arguments and humiliated him at Leipzig in 1519. Luther was forced to admit that his arguments were heretical and no legitimate theologian took Luther seriously after that. In 1521, the Edict of Worms was issued condemning Martin Luther and his teachings. In 1526, the Diet of Speyer suspended the Edict of Worms and allowed Luther to preach his heresy under the protection of six German princes. In 1529, a second Diet of Speyer lifted the suspension of the Edict of Worms and again prohibited Luther from preaching. The six princes signed a letter of protest to the Emperor, requesting that the original Edit remain suspended. The word Protestant comes from the protest of the princes to the civil authority. It was not a protest to or against the Church.

Luther the reformer was right in that the Church was corrupt in the same way that the Church is corrupt today and had a significant support from the pious German middle class. Most of the clergy (who were mostly members of the nobility) were only interested in money and making their lives more comfortable.

The reformation was about money and had little to do with religion. The Emperor had raised taxes to fight the French for control of Italy and the Turks in the Balkans. The German princes and burghers did not see why they should pay for these wars so far away from their lands. They did not want to pay taxes to the Hapsburg Emperor, much the same as the American rebels did not want to pay taxes to protect King George's family holdings in Hanover against the French. They saw Luther as an opportunity to rebel and cloak their tax rebellion behind a facade of righteousness.

This religious "reform" also allowed the princes to steal church land, under the pretense of ending corruption.

This led directly to the German Peasant's War of 1522 which was caused by the dissolution of the monasteries. The monks had given food to local peasants. Now the princes were selling it for money. The starving peasants rebelled. Luther called for the princes to slaughter the impermanent rebels. This reinforced his position with the princes, but he lost most of his popular support among the lower classes.

The princes formed the Schmalkaldic League in 1531 and held out against the Emperor until 1547. The Emperor defeated the heretics, but then negotiated away his victory in the name of unity and compromise in the Peace of Augsburg, which formally recognized the Lutherans. The Emperor Charles V later realized his mistake, resigned in 1556 and retired to a monastery.

The pre-Trent convents and monasteries were different than the Franciscans and Dominicans that we are familiar with. Some religious houses were very pious, but many were not. Often younger sons were forced into the monastery by their families.
There was also a class distinction among the monks. Upper class monks who could read and write worked in the library or scriptorium, while lower class monks worked the fields or kitchens and were essentially servants to the upper class monks. The number of lower class monks were restricted while the families of the upper class monks had to pay the monastery. Runaway monks were common and the civil authorities would arrest them and return them. The same was true for the convents.

When Luther and the Princes disbanded the monasteries, these upper class ex-monks and nuns became his greatest supporters. Very few parish priests defected.

From what I know of Luther, he seems to have been caught up in his own celebrity and his writings became more radical as he was egged on by his supporters. Later in life he seems to have retracted some of his earlier positions and was probably always Catholic, and a hypocrite in the truest sense of the word.

Where in the bible does it say mary is alive?

Since youve read it you can tell me.

27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Words from the mighty Lord himself, if you were to follow him you'd be able to understand.

Do you not know why images of Mary almost always show her in a position of prayer?

Because she is also praying. If you had any influence of the Holy Spirit and weren't simply masturbating yourself to your own ideas, you would begin to understand this.

But wait, you don't actually have faith in God. You're a Peterson suckoff. You reject the 'irrational' aspects of Christianity because they offend your bourgeoisie senses.

>sola scriptura
YOU WORSHIP A BOOK BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO COMMUNION WITH GOD. YOU CANNOT EVEN INTERPRET SCRIPTURE.

>The bible was written by God
Why do people believe this?
I met some protestants who won't even say "Oh my God", it's just a word in English you cooks.

I firmly believe that he remained being a catholic until the day he died. I disagree with what the protestant movement did, stealing is never justified, I only knew about a small part of all the things that you wrote about

>you worship a book
Guess muslims are christians now :^)))) muh communion with God

I reject Roman catholicism because it is not Christianity,

my salvation is through faith in Christ, not the false doctrines of the Roman religion

>why do people choose to follow the church jesus created
this is your brain on heresy

I don't worship a book, I worship the words that are written therein which are the words of God. I worship God almighty

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

you are not a sheep of the Lord.

Which doctrines do you have a problem with, my friend?
What are your thought about the collection of the gospels and books in the New testament that were organized by the Church and what is your opinion on the old Church Fathers?

Why? "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

It's not just a word in English Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain." God is also a name for God

Amen

Heretics can't read anything, can they?
You aren't Christian, you're below Catholics. You are a disgusting humanist. You are not saved.

>Which doctrines
Anything created by the Roman magisterium are false gospel and are anathema to christianity

> opinion on the old Church Fathers?
Fake Christians and apologists for the Roman system of control

You might as well call yourself a Gnostic, idiot.
Stop LARPing as an apostle!

You worship a book because you cannot read the Bible. You have no communion with God. You do not have the Holy Spirit which allows one to read absolutely any translation of the Bible in their tongue and comprehend it as God said it.

Stop LARPing, Peterson suckoff.

>Mystery Babylon is RCC

End this meme.

Jesus didn't create the catholic Church, even if an angel came down from heaven teaching what the Great whore teaches we aren't allowed to believe on what he teaches "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

>Fuck the Romans maaan! i only submit to my Angl* overlords!

Did you know Vatican was the center of Mithras worship in Rome?

Did you know the cult of Mithras had a celibate male priesthood?

Did you know the leader of this priesthood was called

The Pope?

Guess not, shame your faith in the catholic church is blinding you to the truth

Say the follows that reject the teachings of the bible.

'pope' means Father you idiot.
I don't, you do. Worse, you pervert them for your humanism. You are the Whore.

Because it feels more organized to have a holy order of clergy and a pope. I trust them more than Protestants or Baptists.

I must say, it is absolutely adorable when the little Paulians have their little fights.

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." I keep on quoting from the bible, I haven't seen you do that even once.

What's humanism even?

Even when they contradict the teachings of Christ? It still feels more organized? Who's the boss at the end of the day?

Stop perverting scripture, Whore.
You contradict Christ. You cannot even begin to understand any aspect of God. Stop this, heretic.

>Did you know Vatican was the center of Mithras worship in Rome?

You know the Vatican didn't exist back then?

>Did you know the cult of Mithras had a celibate male priesthood?

Did you know that the vow of celibacy is not doctrine, and is only practiced by the Latin rite Catholics? Even then there are exceptions.

>Did you know the leader of this priesthood was called The Pope?

Did you know that, it wasn't?

There was more than one Pater Patrum and it didn't function anything like the Pope.

>Guess not, shame your faith in the catholic church is blinding you to the truth

Shame you're too retarded to do any real research and just eat up whatever pastor cletus tells you.

>Judaizers

>salvation is a gift
That's what the Catholic church has been teaching forever.

A gift is free, the catholic church teaches you must earn your way to heaven via works

Their definition of gift must be wrong then, because they believe that you can lose your salvation.

Here you go Americans, have fun learning.
pravoslavieto.com/docs/eng/Orthodox_Catechism_of_Philaret.htm

>one book only
where do you suppose the KJV comes from? were all christian scriptures invalid before this abomination of a translation of a translation of a translation came into being?

From my years of research and study, I've come to the conclusion that Biblical Christianity is the truth.

Not Roman Catholicism.
Not eastern Orthodoxy.
But Protestant denominations.

Catholics just role-play. It's all carnal and goes against the teachings of Jesus.

Biblical Christianity is heretical. Sorry kiddo, but claiming that man-made theology is invalid while also ascribing to 'research and study', you are basically shitting on your own face and licking it up. Typical heretic behavior.

That's not in the bible

you didn't answer me. given that the KJV is a translation (we can debate the merits of its translation another time) of another version of the Bible, how can it be the one and only book?

Rome's "gospel" is not good news at all. The Roman institution, calling itself "The Church", usurps Christ's mediatorial office, proclaiming herself as the "sacrament of salvation."

The Roman Catholic Church is a mighty obstacle to anyone seeking salvation, enslaving millions of people to a religious system and preventing them from coming directly to Christ.

21. Which is the more ancient, holy tradition or holy Scripture?

The most ancient and original instrument for spreading divine revelation is holy tradition. From Adam to Moses there were no sacred books. Our Lord Jesus Christ himself delivered his divine doctrine and ordinances to his Disciples by word and example, but not by writing. The same method was followed by the Apostles also at first, when they spread abroad the faith and established the Church of Christ. The necessity of tradition is further evident from this, that books can be available only to a small part of mankind, but tradition to all.

I'm not Catholic you fucking heretic.
You are the Whore. You have no connection to Christ. You will die like this because you are too arrogant to comprehend your own heresy.
Don't try to argue with the teenager, he cannot comprehend a pre-literary world.