At what point does the state lose legitimacy?

At what point does the state lose legitimacy?

when it elects trunicht

Name one thing he did wrong.

Depends on the type of state I guess. In a republic? When the people lose faith in it I guess. In a monarchy? When the royals are deposed I guess.

The reality of legitimisation of power is that it is usually legitimised with force at one point or another

never the state is all powerful and anyone who doesnt support the complete rule of the peoples miltary state is a traitor and needs to be executed

go to bed yang

running for president.

You dont legitimacy when you can use just raw violence to maintain yourself.
Of course, it would be great to have both strengh and legitimacy, but when choosing one, well, I would say that if you live in a democracy and wishes it to be a democracy, choose legitimacy; otherwise always goes for strengh.

>At what point does the state lose legitimacy?
When it loses it's power. Might makes Right. Don't let anyone ever tell you anything else.

Having a private militia to kill his personal enemies.

Those were privately funded individuals with the goal of mantaining morale up in the country.

You can't prove he was controlling them

Oh I miss 2013-2014, back when logh was quite popular on Veeky Forums. Nice to see it still pops up

Do buy the translated books from amazon anons, so they might translate up to 10 and maybe also the gaidens

I'm honestly shocked we don't descend into anarchy. The only think keeping people in power is that they have people with guns protecting them. Take that away and chaos ensues.

he str8 up sold out the FPA.
That's pretty bad.

Getting shot

>implying he didn't do the most to save it when fucking spineless cucked shits like Yang refuses to win the war when it most mattered

Which is precisely why we need a direct democracy

He's trying to kill net neutrality

>a military man following orders is spinelessness

Good, neutrality isen't good when not done in order to reach a bigger purpose

He intentionally handicapped Yang prior to Astarte by sending him 1/3rd of the forces he said he'd need to win the battle. He [spoiler]talked shit about Reinhard in front of Reuenthal[/spoiler].

Don't forget about the new anime that's coming out soon™

Yes when you were able to eliminate all enemy resistance and make your country WIN THE WAR and not suffer the humiliation of signing a Brest-Litovsk tier treaty that leaves your nation crippled.
When your entire general staff is yelling at you to give the order to fire, your squadron leaders have the enemy flagship in sight and you still refuse because of >muh gotta follow the president I have been talking shit about for the past three years is pure and absolute cuckery

The purpose of Net Neutrality is to keep businesses from choking the consumers and content providers and cutting up the internet to increase their profit margins.

You say that;s a bad thing.

Explain yourself because right now you sound like an idiot...Or a shill.

Or maybe both.

Repeatedly stating that our military is in shambles when we have a better than average chance of wrecking the entire combined military force of the rest of the planet in a war

When the people get mad enough to start a revolution.

So the Union was illegitimate?

Do you own the cable lines or does Time Warner Cable? Do you own the fiber optic cables, or does Verizon?

When it no longer fights for it's founding ideals

>Do you own the railroad tracks or does Ynion Pacific? Do you own the electric lines or does Edison Electric?

The Internet is a public utility and should be regulated as such. Just because a private corporation owns the infrastructure doesn't mean you can't regulate it and force it to treat every customer equally.

Yet you kill millions of your troops because of my idiology and refuse to join Yang who nows has less chance to resist because you blew the only >F > P >A fleet up just to say to the Kaiser that he would have loved to have a grandkid like him

Yes, but it regained its legitimacy in the war.

I mean... Do you really think a secession vote would be met with force atm? Times change

HAHA GET IT? TRUNHIDLT == TRUMP HAHAHAHAHAHA WOW #IMWITHHER

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. —

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. —

It depends on the circumstances, system of government, and culture, but generally legitimacy means that something is the "true" governing body. That's usually upheld by some form of law in modern times, while legitimacy in years past may have been more reliant on tradition (see the Mandate of Heaven).

In general, to lose legitimacy, you have to violate the standard set by either tradition or the nation's own laws. That could be everything from gross constitutional violations to bad luck (again, see Mandate of Heaven).

In modern times, I'd argue the state starts to lose legitimacy once it fails to provide for its people and becomes more of an occupying force than a government. So that means:
>failed state
>very little popular support
>heavy repression against state enemies, but
>inability to exert control over all of its de jure territory

Old men can't be revolutionaries. It was a heroic, symbolic last act on behalf of a republic which had already died by that point, Bucock being a relic of that past simply had no place existing anymore. A waste of men and ships? There is tremendous moral value in a final last hurrah as a funeral pyre for your beliefs.

In any case Bucock and Yang were not aware of each other's plans at that point

If you can't submit to military discipline, I assume it is not a profession suitable for you.

[spoiler]Bittenfeld[/spoiler] did everything wrong.

He made some good charges
Wittenfeld was not a tactician, his fleet functioned best as a blunt object and it is a failure of the superior to misuse his subordinates.
Reinhard realized as much.

The whole point is Yang believed so strongly in democracy that if people brought about a government who would surrender to save themselves rather than fight on, then that is the people's will and he should respect that. If the people vote for corruption then that is what a good soldier should defend.

Yeah its a pretty shitty comparison, at least Trunicht seems to know what he's doing.

>Wittenfeld was not a tactician
Then why is he commanding ships?

Sorry can you explain the Mandate of heaven to me? I play EU4 but haven't played since I got the expansion. What was it in the real world?

>implying the majority of the population was actually voting for the system the FPA had in place, or had a choice in the matter

Yang was a cuck and quite possibly the most spooked character ever created.

Because winning gets you promoted more often than just being smart. Even at the end he was at the bottom rung of the admiralitat.

>first dynasty wins control of the land
THE GODS SAID I ALONE AM DESTINED TO RULE
>first dynasty gets overthrown
THE GODS SAID THAT I ALONE WAS ALLOWED TO TAKE OVER

The Mandate of Heaven came about around the time of the transition between the Shang and Zhou dynasties in ancient China, mainly as a means to justify the regime change.

Essentially, it claimed that any dynasty that controlled all of China had done so thanks to Heaven's favor, and thus they were the rightful, legitimate rulers of China. However, it was possible for them to fall out of Heaven's favor. Decadence, poor policy, and brutal, unpopular regimes served as one avenue for losing favor, but natural disasters would often be used to provide "proof" that the current dynasty had lost the Mandate of Heaven.

It likely wasn't envisioned that way when the Zhou took power, but they ended up ruling for so long (~800 years) that their justification for overthrowing the Shang would get ingrained into the culture of the region and perpetuated by leaders who found it a convenient tool for playing politics.

>Wittenfeld
>not Bittenfeld
Bitte

When the state loses the ability to accomblish task without overt or threats of violence. Basically, when the people stop buying into the government.

>We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal-
Stopped reading right there. The Founding Fathers were a bunch of rich, ambitious, slave owners who realized the central government that ruled over them was an ocean away. They believed none of the nonsense they spouted.

Study logic. A true conclusion may correctly derive from a false premise, with the implication itself also being correct. And the conclusion is most assuredly true.

>t. knows nothing of the debates of among the founding fathers
They'd been heavily influenced by enlightenment ideals and were well aware of the hippocracy of things like slaveowning. Many of the Founding Fathers would free their slaves on their deaths. Issues like the future of slavery were a major point of contention during the early years of the US to the point that they had to write it into the Constitution that the issue wouldn't be touched until the turn of the century.

The Founding Fathers were deeply flawed, as any politician is, but that hardly invalidates the points they made in the Declaration of Independence.

Because he was very good at commanding them to be blunt objects.
That's how the novels translate him.
I don't like it any more than you do.

Tyranny by the majority is the scariest tyranny there is.

>Essentially, it claimed that any dynasty that controlled all of China had done so thanks to Heaven's favor, and thus they were the rightful, legitimate rulers of China. However, it was possible for them to fall out of Heaven's favor. Decadence, poor policy, and brutal, unpopular regimes served as one avenue for losing favor, but natural disasters would often be used to provide "proof" that the current dynasty had lost the Mandate of Heaven.

And the PROC's obsession with eliminating all forms of superstition now makes sense.

Cute, I love when leftists spit on soldiers and then pretend they care about America

That's why you have a constitution with checks and balances and different levels of referendums.

Do we or do we not have the most powerful military on the planet?

We do

Your messiah Obama then sent them to a hellhole veteran's association so that they would never get the help they deserved

Voting for Obama the first time is understandable, but anyone who did it the second time cannot honestly call themselves an American

>We do
Great, so explain how our military is in shambles again.

When can no longer complete it's purpose of upholding to social contract

>knows nothing of the debates of among the founding fathers
>They'd been heavily influenced by enlightenment ideals and were well aware of the hippocracy of things like slaveowning. Many of the Founding Fathers would free their slaves on their deaths. Issues like the future of slavery were a major point of contention during the early years of the US to the point that they had to write it into the Constitution that the issue wouldn't be touched until the turn of the century.
>The Founding Fathers were deeply flawed, as any politician is, but that hardly invalidates the points they made in the Declaration of Independence.
I couldn't give an Atom of a fuck about what they wrote, or said. It doesn't matter what you say, or write. What matters is what you do. Thomas Jefferson raping and impregnating a slave speaks a thousand words louder than whatever drivel he wrote in the Declaration of Independence.

>Your messiah Obama then sent them to a hellhole veteran's association so that they would never get the help they deserved
Are you talking about the VA? You realize the VA's impotence far precedes Obama, right? Besides, reforming the VA would be a better job for the legislature, not the executive.

edgy

The FPA was dead whether he opened fire or not. If anything he was the least spooked person in the story, aware of the ideologies that hold people including himself. Him talking about drinking republic' water proves it

Got out of the Marines about 8 months ago, let me tell you right now that things could definitely be better. We've strayed to far from our original mission.

Obama didn't get this ball rolling, we've been playing police in Iraq and Afghanistan thanks to Bush but as far as most of us are concerned Obama is just as fault for keeping it going. Also if you think the wars in Iraq and 'Stan are over, you're dead wrong.

Still I agree with, the left likes to shit on us and then pretend to give a fuck when its convenient, at least Republicans will buy you a beer when they pretend to give a shit about you.

>opposed the Iraq war
>years later soldiers says you don't care about them
Sucks to be an American leftist. And no, democrats aren't leftists

The B/V sound are interchangeable in nip, the German W sounds like the English V. Bittenfeld and Wittenfeld really aren't that different. If you're pronouncing it with an English W you're just doing it wrong though.

When it stops representing the people.

>It doesn't matter what you say, or write. What matters is what you do.

Well I've never owned slaves but that never seems to matter to blacks.

The Marines have literally always been a shitshow