Historical Mary Sues

Name any historical figures that are the closest we have come to having Mary Sues

Benjamin Franklin. Basically good at everything, including science, politics, fashion, socializing, inventing, music, business, and even fitness when he was younger.

how much did he bench?

Really?

I don't know. However, he taught himself to swim and supposedly would impress friends by running up and down stairs carrying led plates.

The Jews try to collectively be this. In their minds they are a perfect race and everyone around them is driven by envy to oppose them.

Genghis Khan

Yes. I forgot to mention that he was good at sea-faring and was likely, at the very least, bilingual.

Yeah not gonna lie, OP here, I can't disagree.

Juliis Caesar.
A great lawyer, a great casanova, a great commander and a great politician who died a martyr to himself. The fucker seemingly even invented a haircut that is still in use today.

Not to mention his death lead directly to the thing he was killed to prevent

Theodore Roosevelt as well.

That's true

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and (northern) Ireland.

The British are basically the main character that acts like a total piece of shit but we're supposed to think they're the good guy anyway because they're the main character. Also plot armour.

Theodore Roosevelt

What about the United States? Was the peaceful transition from the UK to the US like a father handing over to a son? I.e. the Americans inherited the world the British built?

Such a Mary Sue that the fandom up and killed him, they were so pissed off.

Also Frederick the Great and Frederick Barbarossa.

I think it is more like the season ended for Britain and there needed to be a second season so the US/son is now the main character but you still see Britain all the time but in a lot calmer a manor

You obviously have no fucking clue what "Mary Sue" means. Britain is near-universally loathed.

Ireland.
>history of utter barbarism
>raided Britain for slaves and colonized across the British Isles
>gets BTFO but still maintains its culture
>universally loved and praised as heroic """victims""" of evildumb colonists

fucking miracles of brandenburg
Wouldn't say Barbarossa was a Gary Stu though, he died drowning in a puddle like a fag

>spends almost his whole life fighting depression
>Most of the Republican governors who swore support to him in 1912 abandon him
>Loses half his fortune in Montana to weather
>1st wife initially rejected his proposal
>Sickly as a child and had to spend years molding his body

That is just off the top of my head. A Gary stu, Teddy was not.
Also, I know this doesn't count in marking him as one or not, but look at the family tragedy too.
>Father died young
>His first wife and mother both die on the same day, and it was St. Valentine's day.
>His brother's alcoholism destroyed him
>Spent years pushing for the U.S. to enter WWI and then loses his youngest son in it.

Me

Federico da Montefeltro
>born illegitimate, but legitimized by the pope himself
>was knighted by the holy roman emperor himself
>accomplished condottieri and commander, didn't lose any of the battles he participated in
>honorable as fuck, would never betray a contract even when bribed, was so well known for his loyalty that people would pay him to simply not take contracts to attack them
>turned his city into a humanist paradise
>extremely capable ruler and intelligent
>apparently his super smart and faithful and capable wife was hot as fuck too
>was so influential and capable he made it so the conflicts of the italian city states never happened in his realm
>the people loved him, apparently he would listen to all their complaints and judge them fairly
>literally nicknamed "The Light of Italy"

nah ben franklin was in hell fire clubs, was into milfs, and dug up corpses for scientific experiments so he had to have been at least slightly weird

Not a bad thing

Alexander the Great
>When he was born his mother had visions of lightning striking her womb, indicating he was a child of Zeus himself.
>The day he was born his father had extreme luck with everything that happened
>Was capable of taming a horse no-one else, not even his already great father, could
>Said great father told him to find a greater kingdom to suit his ambitions
>Tutored by fucking Aristotles himself
>Became king at age 20
>Conquered the Persians, pretty much the great antagonist of greek history at this time
>Conquered the whole known world for that matter
>Never lost a single battle
And I could go on.
Hell, he was even described as having two different coloured eyes.

>Alexander the Great
>Peter the Great
>Frederick the Great
>Catherine the Great

>Conquered the whole known world for that matter
nope
India wasnt even conquered. Mauryan Empire is essentially what happend when the external threat of the Yavanas or greeks occured.

India wasn't part of the known world (to the Greeks). They were in an alien land at that point.

Alexander had conquered every place of significance that he had known about at the start of his campaign

Much of this while he was missing one eye

>>Peter the Great
Peter the great got cucked by the ottomans in one battle I don't remember. So no, not a mary sue

>Catherine the Great
do you even know what a Mary Sue is? She had a fucking Pugachev rebellion on her hand, the biggest fucking rebellion in Russian history, and almost lost the entire realm

Napoleon

Lucius Seneca
>prolific philosopher
>statesman
>made a killing off of financial speculation
>successful playwrite
>made Imperial Advisor
Though he was eventually implicated in a conspiracy and sentenced to death in his 60s.
Christ, even slit wrists has a hard time killing him.

Common portrayals of Alexander the Great accurate or otherwise.
>Flawless general
>Oh so beautiful
>Died young before he could destroy his empire due to incompetence

>Ireland
>Mary Sue
You obviously have no clue what mary sue means. The term implies competence, generally success at every task especially tasks that one shouldn't be able to succeed at.

Unironically Ghengis Khan.

wrong pic

MOTHERFUCKING ALCIBIADES

>Be the manliest, handsomest Athenian ever
>Born into the best, oldest and most revered aristocratic house
>Be tutored by SOCRATES, the greatest mind of the ancient world, even though you're a complete little shit
>Get saved again by FUCKING SOCRATES at the Battle of Potidaea
>Marry some smoking hot and rich as fuck Athenian noblewoman
>Slap her shit around and spend all day sleeping with prostitutes
>Nobody cares
>Become master of rhetoric
>Convince Athens to mount the most disastrous military expedition ever because lolwhynot
>This inevitably goes tits up
>Fuck off to Sparta and try to convince them to take me in and pay for my upkeep
>HOLY SHIT they actually did it
>Sleep with the smoking hot Spartan Queen IDGAF while the king is off campaigning
>She gives birth to my bastard son
>Get run out of town (again)
>This time fuck off to the Persians
>Befriend one of the most powerful satraps in the whole Empire
>Get ANOTHER smoking hot Persian wife
>Amass riches beyond imagining just because I'm so fucking amazing
>Decide I'm bored with Persia now and want to go home to Athens
>Can't because I basically singlehandedly ruined everything
>Oh no wait lmao I just made a fuckin speech now everything's fine again
>They make me a goddamn general again
>Fuck up the Spartans some more at sea
>Eventually get BTFO and have to run away again to Persia
>Marry ANOTHER smoking hot Persian girl
>Get jumped by assassins while having sex and shot with a million arrows

Had the invasion of Syracuse worked, it would be remembered as a brilliant move that ended the war and cemented Athenian hegemony.

He did not conquer Rome, Pataliputra was a well known city of the ancient indians, heavy trade of pepper and spices from the south of india was pouring out west due to demand from middle east, egypt and greece. I am fairly sure the city in the map of herodotus has pataliputra on it.

They knew a lot more than you think, conquering the whole known world is disingenuous nonsense made up by eurocentric trash

Not him, but Rome was not significant at that point, at least to the Greeks.

They were biting off far more than the could chew. Had they stuck with Pericles' doctrine, they might have won

Ge didn't conquer Rome because he died, had he lived he would have conquered Arabia and then almost certainly would have turned to the West.

>but Rome was not significant at that point, at least to the Greeks.

Neither were the cities like Bactria or Samarkand or other various city states in present day Afghanistan and Pakistan.

But he still marched on it.

Alexander left Carthage around to conquer it later and never got around to it.

>Ge didn't conquer Rome because he died, had he lived he would have conquered Arabia and then almost certainly would have turned to the West.
He couldnt even conquer the Nanda Empire in india, let alone Rome. I think people overstate some aspects of his geenralship.

He almost exclusively fought weak and unorganized nations or if powerful as a nation were led by weak generals.

He lost the most men in a single battle when he fought some backward jungle king from Punjab, his soldiers mutinied at the prospect of meeting another indian army after subduing Porus, this shows that his generalship has no trust from the rank and file and this leads me to believe that the true heros of his successes was the Diadochi and all these legends are attributed to Alexander in the aftermath of his large empire crumbling under pressures of the state so that they have a figure head and his generals as his heirs. he was more than likely poisoned.

In conclusion Alexander a shit, it was his generals who truly won the battles.

>They were in an alien land at that point.
What kind of excuse is that? Egypt was an alien land and so was much of Persia and north west of greater india.

Charles George Gordon and Sun Yat Sen? Maybe?

not Sun Yat-Sen tho
>start an uprising in Qing China
>it fails
>start another uprising
>it fails again
>start another
>fails
>a more successful uprising starts without his involvement
>oh shit better tag along with this one
>it succeeds, and he becomes leader of republican China
>hands it over to a guy who turns it into an empire again

>implying Alexander didn't conquer Rome, and the rest of Italy