Contributions to mankind

You have 10 seconds to justify the existence of anything outside this blue area.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_mathematics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algebra#Etymology
youtube.com/watch?v=wbz4Af_TngM
youtube.com/watch?v=9Y7gAzTMdMA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God created it.

Nuclear power

What's your contribution to mankind, OP?

Posting this map that clarifies which part of the world concentrates 99.9% of important positive historical achievements, and which part is just a waste of space.

oh, so the Balkans are gold-tier civilisation?

Islam, the final revelation for mankind, came from slightly outside those boundaries

How can you say India, China, and Iran made no contributions to the history of mankind?

No, that's the one hole in the banana of civilisation.

Name one.

Shit you couldn't even name a relevant city in any of those places, since that's how this map is made.

He doesn't actually know anything about history. Just smile and play along, it'd make the entire concept for this thread run a lot smoother for him.

ching chong patel please

Gupta empire:
>This period is called the Golden Age of India[3] and was marked by extensive inventions and discoveries in science, technology, engineering, art, dialectic, literature, logic, mathematics, astronomy, religion, and philosophy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_mathematics
algebra:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algebra#Etymology

The numbers we are using are called Hindu-arabic numbers.

>he still can't name ONE contribution

Pretty fucking pathetic m8.

>the world would be totally changed if we used slightly different squiggly lines from the ones we're currently using

OK buddy

Mathematics
Number zero
Grammar
Tantra
Ayurveda
Chess
Buddhism
Yogas
Curry
Tea
Gunpowder
Acupuncture
Mobile printing characters
Confucian exams
Paper
Toilet paper
Magnet compass
Fireworks>cannons
Etc, etc

It's not my fault you can't read

Hegel
Gunpowder
Copernicus
Tolsty
Dostoevsky

Yeah I'm sure mathematicians adopted it because they found it cute. We all know mathematicians like to change shit all the time and hate being conservative with their stuff.

Mathematics appeared in Sumer and Egypt.

Not even going to bother with the rest of your bullshit list.

>literally still can't even name one thing

One's existence doesn't need to be justified

>stage 1: denial

>Hegel
Stopped reading there. A person is not an achievement, and on top of that he's from the area in the OP map.

Fucking hell the posting quality is abysmal.

>This includes the Four Great Inventions: papermaking, the compass, gunpowder, and printing (both woodblock and movable type). The list below contains these and other inventions in China attested by archaeology or history.

> The decimal number system in worldwide use today was first recorded in Indian mathematics.[3] Indian mathematicians made early contributions to the study of the concept of zero as a number,[4] negative numbers,[5] arithmetic, and algebra.[6] In addition, trigonometry[7] was further advanced in India, and, in particular, the modern definitions of sine and cosine were developed there.[8] These mathematical concepts were transmitted to the Middle East, China, and Europe[6] and led to further developments that now form the foundations of many areas of mathematics.

>muh poo in loos invented da mathmatcis!!

ITT: OP gets destroyed and he cries like a bitch

They didn't invent mathematics. They contributed to it, dumbass.

His life was

Sucking dick

The West already had parchment, the dry compass was invented in France independently from the shitty Chinese wet compass, gunpowder is not a positive contribution in any way, and the printing press was invented in Germany.

And these are the "Four Great Inventions" produced by a country of over a billion people over the course of 5000 years. Nothing but garbage. Amazingly shit.

You're in denial

>all these ass-ravaged ching chongs and poo in loos ITT

A lot of the nations in your map are Asian and not Western.

Most countries produce nothing for their time because no one except autists like you focus on 'contributions to mankind'. Hell, the Roman Empire hardly actually added anything to the corpus of knowledge.

>shifts goal posts
>still misses

So?

So?

Are you actually resorting to claiming that advancing mankind is irrelevant?

There are more inventions here but you won't read it because you're a fucking faggot who only wants to troll

Where the fuck is China nigger?

>are you actually resorting to claiming advancing mankind is irrelevant
You must really be retarded if you think this is what I'm saying. 'Advancing mankind' is an idiotic whiggish idea that implies history is going in a specific direction. For your average roman citizen (or Chinese peasant or Indian merchant or whatever) innovating new things wasn't important.

>no Russia/Soviet Union

>still literally can't name a single one after four posts

This is hilarious.

Already have but you go
>hurr duur *shift the goalposts* hurr nuh durr
You're just acting retarded

Why do summerfags have to exist

>'Advancing mankind' is an idiotic whiggish idea
>innovating new things wasn't important

lmao are you serious with this? So you think you're living the same way people did 5000 years ago? Best start by throwing away that computer you're using.

The only actual Chinese invention you managed to cite is gunpowder. Too bad that's an absolute shit contribution that only caused damage.

Mommy could not afford a babysitter

>innovating new things wasn't important
For most people that's been true for most of history. A roman farmer in 300 ad hadn't changed a whole lot from 500 bc

Those are just Chinese and Indian immigrants living in the West and butt-blasted about their home countries' irrelevance and overall shittiness.

They make up most of Veeky Forums because this is where they congregate to shitpost about WEWUZ, since deluding yourself about the past is easier than deluding yourself about the present.

Why are you still posting on a computer?

>i live in the blue area
>i still make less money working fulltime than some people do collecting welfare

Its an abstract feel.

Hmmm

I never said this applied to myself you absolute retard

What did he contribute?

i have a feeling its an abbo

It doesn't count as culture/invention unless its anglo.

t. anglo

You know the Roman and Greek number system doesn't have the number 0 in it. I'm not sure how that came to be but that's how it is

How did they manage to tax people, field armies and so on without the notion of a "lack of quantity"?
A quantity which is lacking, rather than existing. Like, super basic stuff.

So despite your map having Asian nations you are admitting that your shitty troll thread is just another muh West rantling?

You can't take someone who thinks contributions to mathematics aren't important seriously.

I think we're done here.

Because you're brain dead?

What on Earth are you babbling about? Stop projecting your weird personal butthurts.

Because you just admitted your posts have been nothing but ridiculous nonsense. This is the last response you're baiting out of me.

The Phenomenology Of Spirit amongst other works

You truly are retarded.

>. Like, super basic stuff.
Then why didn't they have the number 0?

Russians invented the first satellite.

I don't know, thats what I am asking.
How did they manage without the idea that a quantity can be lacking.
They didn't have negative numerals either. Its like they couldn't abstract quantity at all.

Listen to what this MATHEMATICIAN says about the hindu-arabic numbers at 12s
youtube.com/watch?v=wbz4Af_TngM

That's a book, not a contribution.

>greatest single discovery and innovation in history of mathematics and science put together
OP BTFO

A book which contributed to the wider bank of human knowledge

youtube.com/watch?v=9Y7gAzTMdMA
I'm trying to find something to make us both understand this better, best video I found so far.

Maybe we should ask Veeky Forums

Being a faggot.

What did it contribute?

Anime

>what did hegel contribute
I think you're on the wrong board user

What the fuck did Hegel contribute??

Oh just the underpinnings of most philosophical thought of the last 200 years and the primary influence behind both communism and fascism. Nothing important or anything.

>still can't name one thing

The problem with this board is all the retards like you who just mindlessly parrot what they heard somewhere without ever giving it the slightest thought.

Kys

>summerfag meme
Kys

I live in south England, Europe is and has been a political chess board for the great powers for years now.

What's your definition of a contribution? It seems pretty narrow.

>what did hegel contribute
>communism and fascism

wow, great guy, how can we do without him

You only act like this because you're shitposting in here. I doubt you would say the stuff you're saying in front of educated people irl without feeling embarrassed.

>I-I'd better pretend to know that Hegel is important even if I have no idea why, s-so smart people think I'm smart

Pathetic.

>Kick the sandniggers out of western europe
>Discover and conquer an entire continent, opening the path for western colonialism
>Develop the pike and shot formation to a whole new level, achieving military dominance in europe for more than 100 years
>Still not relevante

Wew lad

>America not on list.

Saged

Also this great meme that overshadows your country's history.

Al Gore invented the Internet. I don't see Tennessee on this list?

Inventing the mathematical 0.

artificial intelligence

Islam flourished because of the levant tho
t. levantine

i like apples fren

How is that charles II appears in literally every /his thread?