Ancient Persians were not European

There were these people called "Proto-Indo-Iranians of Sintashta" culture. They lived near Ural river near Eurasian steppe. They migrated to NW India, Central Asia, and Iranian plateau mixing with the local inhabitants marginally and spreading their culture. Research shows they were closely related to Poles, Croats, and Ukrainians.

Local inhabitants of Zagros mountains did mix with Proto-Indo-Iranians, but this did not shift the genome that much as genetic studies showed. Here is a study comparing a Persian of Teppe Hasanlu to modern Persians, showing how we relate more closely to them than Europeans:

science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2016/07/13/science.aaf7943.full
(check image)

Sample is from Teppe Hasanlu of a Sassanian era Persian. Persians were originally people of Zagros mountains who marginally mixed with Indo-Iranians of Sintashta culture who passed their culture down. People of Zagros mountains relate most closely to Caucasus mountain people.

The descendants of Proto-Indo-Iranians were Central European in appearance. They were called Scythians and Sarmatians, but they were distinguished from Persians, Medes, Sogdians, and Bactrians.

So?

Here are ancient artifacts of Sassanids depicting themselves. Persians were never European, but they did have marginal admixture.

One more artifact.

Persians are not Turko-mongol or Arab rapebabies. Persians share significant ancestry with their Pre-Islamic forebears, perhaps even more than Ashkenazi and Sephardi do with their ancient past.

I believe Bakhtiari people are the purest descendants of ancient Persians, based off linguistic evidence and Zagros mountains forming effective barrier, and they cluster with modern Persians, Azeris, and Kurds.

It should be noted Iranian is an ethnolinguistic term referring to many extinct and extant ethnic groups from Sogdians, Bactrians, Persians, Medes, and so forth to Kurds, Persians, Azeris, etc.

Very neat find, dadash. Any genetic sources that you could tl;dr on Gilakis?

Circassians are Caucasus people that typically have fair features, and they relate more closely to Iranians and Anatolian Turks than they do to Europeans. Race is not skin-deep.

This idea that Persians were basically white people (giving them a convenient sense of racial pride in Persian achievement), and that Islam destroyed Persians and made them into subhuman Muslim Arab or Turkic hybrids, and that Persians, Indians/Hindus, and Nords are all basically cut from the same cloth IS PISSING ME THE FUCK OFF.

Who

The

Fuck

Cares...

Well, I do. Sassanids were an amazing people, and the fact I share significant ancestry with them gives me pride in a non-hateful way. I hate when people try to deligitimize my connection with them or make outrageous claims of how they were NW European.

They have the mostly Europe specific light skin mutation to the same degree as Spaniards.

So yes while they are light, they are only light because of sharing DNA with Europeans for that particular trait.

You've never spoken to white nationalists. They love to claim the achievements of Near Easterners, especially Persians, but deny modern Persians the same right because they're apparently mongrels with no ties to the people who lived in the very same land (lol).

It may be an online thing, but historical revisionism can be a serious threat. Just look how fucking retarded the ancient Egypt debate has become.

Regardless, the best proxy for race is PCA autosomal DNA plots because it goes all the way back. Haplogroups of mtDNA and yDNA do not say much.

>Research shows they were closely related to Poles, Croats, and Ukrainians.
WE

It's not really suprising that common shitty folk was ruled by Indo-European elite.

I think no one has ever claimed besides that Romans, Greeks, Persians were "Nordic" looking. The fact remains that their elite had brighter pigmentation than entire population.

>using Reza Aslan and Jerry Bruckheimer as a fucking sources on anthropology and race

Jesus Christ pls go.

>The fact remains that their elite had brighter pigmentation than entire population.

Evidence pls.

In general, Sogdians and Bactrians did have a bit more Proto-Indo-Iranian input, but the Ancient Achaemenids and Sassanids were Western Iranian speakers. Pamiri Tajiks, who tend to be very fair, descend more from Sogdians and Bactrians -- they have Proto-Indo-Iranian input but also more Mongoloid.

>The fact remains that their elite had brighter pigmentation than entire population.
My point is that fair phenotypes like blonde hair and blue eyes was not that prevalent among Western Iranian speakers. Eastern Iranian speakers are a little bit different.

>they have Proto-Indo-Iranian
have more*

Indra - 10.23.4 - "With him too is this rain of his that comes like herds: Indra throws drops of moisture on his flame beard. When the sweet juice is shed he seeks the pleasant place, and stirs the worshipper as wind disturbs the wood."

Indra - 10.96.8 - "At the swift draught the Soma-drinker waxed in might, the Iron One with flame beard and fire hair. He, Lord of Tawny Coursers, Lord of fleet-foot Mares, will bear his Bay Steeds safely over all distress."

Europeans mistranslated it, so that 'flame' became 'yellow' to fit their bullshit theory.

In reality, it is Indra the fire God with a Flame Beard and Fire hair, emerging from the fire.

> 'O Zarathushtra! let not that spell be shown to any one, except by the father to his son, or by the brother to his brother from the same womb, or by the Athravan to his pupil in black hair, devoted to the good law, who, devoted to the good law, holy and brave, stills all the Drujes.

>be Elamite
>Get Persian'd

Reminder that Persians and Indians are mongrels and the original Aryans were Nordic.

>Reminder that Persians and Indians are mongrels
All Europeans are too: They're a mix of nomadic Yamnaya peoples, western hunter gatherers who were dark-skinned and blue eyed, and anatolian farmers in varying degrees depending on region.

This thread is about ONE THING ONLY: It's about how modern Persians relate more closely to Ancient Persians than any groups of people -- that's all I am saying.

was waiting for someone to post the following:

>By using a new method that looks at patterns of inheritance of chunks of DNA, Hellenthal found that the early Zagros Mountain farmers have left a genetic legacy in Iran, Pakistanis, Afghans, and Indians

>These people are estimated to have separated from Early Neolithic farmers in Anatolia some 46,000 to 77,000 years ago and show affinities to modern-day South Asian populations, but particularly to Iranian Zoroastrians. We conclude that multiple, genetically differentiated hunter-gatherer populations adopted farming in southwestern Asia, that components of pre-Neolithic population structure were preserved as farming spread into neighboring regions, and that the Zagros region was the cradle of eastward expansion.

>The descendants of these early farmers went separate ways. Whereas the western Anatolians later migrated to Europe, Reich’s team proposes that the ancient farmers of the Levant migrated to East Africa, where living people carry some of their distinct DNA, and the Zagros Mountain farmers spread north into the Eurasian steppe and east into South Asia.

tl;dr Zagros/Elamite brown natives got Horse'd by Yamna elite

Your paper doesn't really say that

Not me, OP here.

>Nordic.
Since when Slavs and Balts are Nordic? :^)

Indo-European ≠ European

Dumb shitpost bait.

>Bakhtiari people are the purest deceendants of ancient Persians
No? Ignoring things like the fact that modern Iranians haven't changed much genetically at all since even before the Iron Age which includes modern ethnic Persians as well as Bahktiarians, they don't even share the same language. They still speak a variant of Luri, which is not what Persians in Antiquity spoke.

>implying anyone has ever claimed persians were european

Indo-Europeans in Asia are kinsmen of Indo-Europeans in Europe.