Anyone else here have parents who consider trading "crypto" gambling?

Anyone else here have parents who consider trading "crypto" gambling?

Basically if you are under 20, every parent is gonna belive that.

You cant imagine the shit i got until i brought my first 1k

This is very similair to gambling son. Why do you think everyones refreshing blockfolio all the time? Dopamine.

IT IS gambling... you can't honestly say that it is something different, when 700 coins are copy of each otehr and don't serve any purpose expect for mooon!111.

It's fractal gambling mom, it's not the same thing!

Print out a bunch of charts and carry around a briefcase

Nope.
My mom had me invest a few thousand for her and recently gave me 500 bucks for turning it into 13k. Now she wants me to teach her how to read charts and trade.

Sorry that your parents don't respect you

>Anyone else here have parents who consider gambling, gambling?

FTFY. Not arguing that the odds are bad, but it's gambling user. Hell, all stocks are.

Just ride the hype. How is jumping into an ico like zrx gambling?

It is gambling. You have the chance to make a shitloadd of money or lose it all. Youre investing in a market where nearly every coin is just a fork of bitcoin with 1 thing changed, its not like the stock market.

Yeah I know it's gambling in that regard but it's a worthless accusation over a measly 200 dollar portfolio and she flips shit out over it anyway. I think she's mad because she's projecting her failed marriage onto me which was the result of my father daytrading millions of dollars away but it's ok because I'm practicing stop losses.

How old are you op? Your parents, lol? I don't live with my mom but I see her a few times a month. I had perhaps two conversations with my mom about crypto (she understood nada) and then she asked to put a little money up with me (she can't just throw money around). I bought NEO for her at $6 something. I tell her it's doing well. I'll give her some really good news when we cross $100.

as someone who bets on sports for living. crypto is much more of a gamble than my day job.

It is what it is. Won't stop me from dreaming of exponential growth and Lambos.

Life is basically a huge gamble, you don't know when you're gonna die, so you'll do everything to live long, invest in security, make sure you have money to eat, only to get an unexpected death due to heart attack. Genetic gambling occurs, and suddenly you got diabetes. Your new boss could fire you for being late two seconds at work. You gambled 10 years of hardwork to buy an apartment, only to get hit by an earthquake. You gambled your money for an earthquake insurance only to know that the insurance company got hit by an earthquake too and will take months or years to cover up rebuilding expenses. Cryptocurrency is a lesser form of gambling than the stock market. You should sell all of your crypto assets and leave cryptocurrency forever if you're too scared to lose a small amount of money.

>its not like the stock market
You should stay away from crypto and invest on the stock market.

I told my dad I turned $2300 into $5000 this month with NEO. He doesn't understand crypto but he seems to trust that I do, and is excited for me to make more. $6800 and climbing.

It's garbage my dude, I have a six figure job waiting for me when I graduate in December but due to the registrar being niggers I'm here another semester. My funds have ran out so I turned to crypto recently but in the mean time I can only afford to be with my folks for the next few months.

You smell like cheetos. You sound fat and a super beta try hard. You sound cringy.

What did you buy user?

They consider it stupid because muh paper money is 150% better and crypto is a scam.

I'm sorry you didn't do your homework nonNEO. I only eat Kettle Brand kettle chips. Finance grad student. You're probably the guy who tries to get me to buy overpriced socks at Foot Locker. Stay mediocre user.

this my friend

Your parents think you're a piece of shit OP

Lol does mommy know about taxes? Or you not American? Better tell her to have thousands in the bank when it's time to file. 25%

i pay around 40% effective income taxes thanks to living in nyc

if i ever have a coin go on a moon mission im gonna be like

do i sell and immediately pay 40% or hodl for a year and hope crypto doesnt crash before i can sell it and only pay long term capital gains

hell, going to work is a gamble. everything is life is a gamble, you just have to understand which gamble is worth the risk

>Finance grad student
>You're probably the guy who tries to get me to buy overpriced socks at Foot Locker

Crypto is more of a gamble than a job though. Having a job increases your value and credibility. It makes you more employable for future employers. It makes it easier to get a loan. It makes you look more stable. With crypto, you just get money. You can't use it as work history. No one gives a damn about your crypto trading skills. If the crypto market is gone, you would have nothing. How many people here actually support themselves 100% with money earned purely from crypto?

I have a large amount of investment on the stock market, but the shift is inevitable. My businesses will soon accept cryptocurrency someday and I have to be prepared for that when the shift happens.

Currently I do.
Only been two months though so I'm not sure how it'll all play out in the long run. But right now i'm making good money -- just did my first withdrawal to my bank account to pay myself my 'salary'. Feels weird, man.

>teach her how to read charts
You mean a pointless skill that doesn't work in crypto?

You're better off buying the rumor and selling the news.

I'm investing in crypto since 2013 and got rich from it. I study Economics (almost finishing it) and my family respects me. If you show them you made it, they won't look at it as a joke anymore. Make money and you get respect.

Newsflash bruv, it is.