Historical photography: human edition

ITT we post historical photographs is photography of anachronisms within society.

Do not post pictures of battles or monuments and instead focus on the people of history.

>Picture is from "The Last of the Nuba" by Leni Riefenstahl, 1973.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y1R8ozyVWHc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Prokudin-Gorsky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

From the Ellis Island records, New York, where immigrants arriving in the US would first have to go for background checks.

Probably from 1907.

what primitive savages. living like people did 10000 years ago. totally content with half their kids dying before 5 years old. no desire to improve their lives or understanding.

content to live the same way forever like animals.

Hory sheet she is super shiny

>Ignores the beauty and aesthetics of the photographs
>Makes a comment about how it offends him that they don't live in stone and concrete buildings

This art was made by Leni Riefenstahl, who was the director and writer of "Triumph of the Will". She made that film because she is obsessed with beauty, strength and aesthetics, and she found all of these qualities in the Nuba people.

Instead of being a whiney little faggot and complain about how one culture chooses to express itself, why don't you actually contribute to the thread?

"Chinese man enjoys a bowl of rice."
>1901-1904

would / 10

Archers in Kafiristan (present day Nuristan, Afghanistan) 1916.

Now those are good tits.

Looks like my mom.

Last soldiers of the Yugoslav National Army leaving Slovenia, October 25, 1991.

And here's a photo of a soldier of the Slovene Territorial defence. Behind him, a flag taken from the Yugoslav National Army, with a Slovene flag waving on top. June 26, 1991.

Wait wait wait. Was Kafiristan an actual place? I thought it was made up by Rudyard Kipling.

Slovene policemen at the Holmec border crossing. June 28, 1991.

I accidentally the pic

Judging by the headband the guy was wearing it appears the Arab influence was still stronger at that time compared to any western influence.
Here's a song in Juba Arabic.
youtu.be/y1R8ozyVWHc

what a cutie

Of course it's your mom dumbass. You never noticed how she recalls historical events before her birth with a certain clarity only one who's lived and experienced it personally would be able to do.

Can I get a bigmac with that? Good goy

Yes. It was called Kafiristan because their people were the last pagans of Afghanistan (Kafir means infidel). Then they were forcibly converted to Islam by the end of the 19th century and the land was renamed to Nuristan, meaning land of the enlightened.

Interesting people, but apparently they're pretty hostile and the place is quite isolated so other than soldiers, nearly nobody goes to that province.

Pic related, a Nuristani

Emir of Bukhara, present day Uzbekistan ca.1910

One foot skates?

Yep

D-D-D-DAYUMMN

My mom never lived in America though.

Why do I recognize this image?

They're pretty famous. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Prokudin-Gorsky

I noticed it's in the Kaiserreich mod for HOI4 as the portrait of one of the central-asian countries. Maybe from there?

British soldiers in India, late 19th century.

It's a picture taken on set of a (sadly lost) movie directed by J.M. Barrie [he's in the middle] flanked by (left to right) Howard de Walden, William Archer, G.K. Chesterton, and George Bernard Shaw. They all got to play cowboys in a scene of the film.

You think she will tell you everything about her life?

Bani Khalid tribesmen

Hadendowa warriors

Khevsur knights

actually medieval, that is amazing

I wonder how he got there..

Bad trigger discipline

Children troops marching in the colombian Thousand Days' War, 1899

Anyone else have a fetish for extremely dark skinned black people?

Aesthetic as fuck cheekbones.

Probably a bridge or a girder that they moved so it looked like he was stranded

>background checks
How barbaric. How did people even?

Finnish scarecrow.

Stalin's son captured by Germans.

>Komarov's funeral was open-casket as he had arranged

Fun Fact: The translator who identified him was a Jew posing as an Aryan to avoid execution.

There is an incredible beauty in tribal culture. That you can't see it or appreciate it is sad.

I'm getting a uncanny valley vibe from this one

Dat dakini

o shit is she okay?

This is possibly the single great photograph ever taken. Holy shit. I want to hang out with this guy so bad.

t.Republic of China

Yes, don t worry :^)

Field Marshal Julian Byng, commander of the Canadian Corps, April 1917.

/ourgaijin/

Kys

The last Sultan of the Ottoman Empire with his daughter and son in law

He was also the last descendant of Genghis Khan to rule a state.

Well, there's like a 1/8 chance the guy running China is

>the magnificent hunter gatherer that kills jaguars and survives in nature is dissed by some fat western virgin faggot that lives with his parents

how exactly are they supposed to improve their society? are they to simply build a skyscraper? they don't have the infrastructure or education. are they to produce advanced medical equipment? they don't have the infrastructure or education.

Everything you see around you in our society (Ii assume you live in the West), was built because we have a history involving industry and invention. These tribes have only recently been introduced to the modern world.

Wtf he looks just like me

Fall of the USSR

Vietnam War

Why do so many Africans have weird discoloration around their irises? His eyes look bloodshot kinda

British miners protest in the 70's

I meant 80's obly

Native American thingy here

Guy at the fore looks a wee bit like Bill Burroughs.

Oklahoma City Bombing

Irish women playing Golf in 1907.