Longshan Giants

Who were they?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17003019
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3119310/How-white-Europeans-arrived-5-000-years-ago-Mass-migration-southern-Russia-brought-new-technology-dairy-farming-continent.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamna_culture#Physical_characteristics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Europeans#Yamna_culture
nature.com/nature/journal/v534/n7606/full/nature17993.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Big guys

They were giants who lived in china and are members of Longshan culture

for you

>Many of the men discovered in the graveyard measured 1.8 metres (5ft 11in) tall and would have seemed like giants to the average person 5,000 years ago.
>One of the men in the ancient burial ground measured 1.9 metres (6ft 3in), making him a 'giant' of his day.

They were just tall, not "giants" to anyone but credulous conspiracytards and shameless """journalists""".

Bigger than any Neolithic remains ever found in Europe

So? That just means they had a good diet and good genes.

Also
>The ancestors of modern Europeans arrived in Europe at least 40,000 years before present. Pre-glacial maximum Upper Palaeolithic males (before 16,000 BC) were tall and slim (mean height 179 cm, estimated average body weight 67 kg)

MEAN height of 1.79, a 1.8 or even 1.9 would not be unheard of for them.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17003019

>pre-Glacial Maximum males 179
>late Upper Paleolithic males 166

What went wrong?

>Maximum

A mean is not a maximum. As to what went wrong, Europe got (((enriched))) by manlet farmers,

They belonged to Yamnaya-people, the original dairy-supremacists

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3119310/How-white-Europeans-arrived-5-000-years-ago-Mass-migration-southern-Russia-brought-new-technology-dairy-farming-continent.html

RED
HAIR

Confucius was from the same province those bodies were discovered in, and Chinese sources claim he was over seven feet tall

>Yamnaya
>lactase persistence

user, you're incorrect. Their mounted descendants certainly were though.

Elaborate? Family Tree DNA (which is affiliated with National Geographic) agrees:

>By the Bronze Age, the Y-chromosome haplogroup R1b was quickly gaining dominance in Western Europe (as we see today) with high frequencies of individuals belonging to the M269 subclade. Ancient DNA evidence supports the hypothesis that the R1b was introduced into mainland Europe by the Bronze Age invaders coming from the Black Sea region. Further DNA evidence suggests that a lactose tolerance originated from the Yamnaya or another closely tied steppe group. Current day populations in Northern Europe typically show a higher frequency of relatedness to Yamnaya populations, as well as earlier populations of Western European Hunter-Gatherer societies.

But Northern Europe is predominantly I-haplogroup, which is from the Siberian refugium.

And their ancestors were dark-skinned and lactose intolerant before they got STEPPE'd, so it checks out.

No, it's the Yamna who were swarthy, the Siberian refugium is where pale skin and hair comes from.

They weren't lactose persistent. Parental haplotype is almost irrelevant here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamna_culture#Physical_characteristics
>Despite their pastoral lifestyle, there was little evidence of lactase persistence.[25]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Europeans#Yamna_culture
>the Yamnaya-people were the result of admixture between two different hunter-gatherer populations: distinctive "Eastern European hunter-gatherers" with high affinity to the Mal'ta-Buret' culture or other, closely related Ancient North Eurasian(ANE) people from Siberia[21] and to Western Hunter Gatherers(WHG) and a population of "Caucasus hunter-gatherers" who probably arrived from somewhere in the Near East, probably the Caucasus or Iran.[22][web 1] Each of those two populations contributed about half the Yamnaya DNA.[23][web 1]

Indo-Europeans were undoubtedly lactase persistent. Proto-Indo-Europeans can't claim as much.

>it's the Yamna who were swarthy
wrong.
>they were genetically tall (phenotypic height is determined by both genetics and environmental factors), overwhelmingly dark-eyed (brown), dark-haired and had a skin colour that was moderately light, though somewhat darker than that of the average modern European.
>somewhat darker than that of the average modern European

That's 5000 BC too, so to call them swarthy is kind of missing the point.

Diet?

Glacial Maximum. Jesus Christ.

Probably chinks. There haven't been many aDNA studies of East Asia yet so we'll have to wait and see

Not actually giants and probably the ancestors of the current people on the Shandong peninsula.

My father, my grandfather, and I are all around 1.8 meters tall (I'm on the shorter end; my dad blames it on marrying someone from Hunan), and the patrilineal descent of the family's been in the Shandong for as long as it can remember.

Is Shandong just like the rest of China aside from genes? They don't eat a different diet or hang upside down for fun?

Genetic discontinuity perhaps

nature.com/nature/journal/v534/n7606/full/nature17993.html

I is not from Siberia, R is.
It's closely related to Q which is frequent in Native Americans.

I however is related to J and basal J is found in Socotra island off the coast of Yemen.
IJ seems very West Asian.

Yao Ming's ancestors

Yep, living in Shandong and the people are tall here, for Chinese standards at least. But one has to ignore the coastal areas.