How high can the total crypto market cap go?

I see a lot of speculation about specific cryptos, but if the total market cap goes up we all basically win. How high is sustainable for this sector? We're sitting at a cool 144B USD today. Can this reach a trillion dollars? 10 trillion?

Give estimates, methods for evaluation and analysis and links to research for bonus points

Other urls found in this thread:

technologyreview.com/s/607947/the-cryptocurrency-market-is-growing-exponentially/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stock market level most likely

It can go a huge amount higher

Damn that's a scary graphic. Derivitive market looks like the next bubble, crypto is small time.

this is old as fuck, btc is worth 70 billion

Just buy Iconomi's index-fund, then you will ride the cryptowave without beeing afraid you miss the boat

>Derivitive market looks like the next bubble
No shit.

Hope that shit burns and never comes back. Nothing about it makes sense.

I'm confused as to what derivatives exactly are. Only one party each time profits in such a contract? Can anyone give some examples?

Wait for crypto derivatives. DCORP and some others.

It's basically air. Gold derivatives are literally pieces of paper saying "you own gold", except they print hundreds for the exact same bit of gold that's stored away somewhere; like timeshare only worse.
Now they can even issue gold derivatives without any gold backing it lmao.

It's shenanigans.

>Iconomi's index-fund
Is this the regular ICN?
I have like 43 of those.

nothing coin can go infinitely up or to zero at the drop of a hat

only gamble what you can afford to lose my dudes

very good, I had figured people would be smart enough to figure that out.

Even though its 10 times bigger now than it was, it's still just 1 of those squares.

Look at the fucking charts. It's insane. Exponential gains right now. It was 100b in June. Took about a decade for it to reach that, in 2 months time it's about to be 50b+

We're at 146B right now, it'll be 500B by Christmas, screencap this.

but muh coin "bubble"

Graph showing deribatives is misleading as it shows the notional value of the derivative, which is actually meaningless.

Quick example. I enter the swap on 100 mln notional, where one party is paying fixed and other libor. Thus you will see 100 or even 200 mln in the graph above. However the mark to market of such contract will oscilate in the fraction of this amount.
Thus notional is merely a reference number of the contract and should not be compared to actual assets.

That's a fine point, but it still shows in a clear way how small crypto still is compared to the rest of the markets.

trillions of dollars
or if you consider that dollars will be devalued
QUINTILLIONS of dollars

Absolutely and crypto is still in the very early stage.

Just dislike when people here moan how normies don't understand crypto with "muh bubble" when they do exactly the same with derivatives.

It's like pottery.

technologyreview.com/s/607947/the-cryptocurrency-market-is-growing-exponentially/

Just wait until the ban hammer comes down

if you're waiting for that you're fucking retarded. anticipate and get out of the way.

chaos is a ladder

you think all this hardfork/bcash drama happened on accident, without invisible hands directing it in the background?

2nd half of this year's going to be a wild ride.

hey, claire silver here. just got off the phone with my rabbi, can confirm.
>Trump 20'

How the fuck we can now when the hammer will hit?

follow the shekels. do you think the big jews will be caught by surprise? the signs will be there dude. crypto really is an ecosystem. you have to be aware of the whole scene, not just whatever you're invested in.