Tfw i am reading his biography

>tfw i am reading his biography
I use to hate him but now I am seeing him in a much better light. What do you think about de Gaulle Veeky Forums?

Perfidous french cunt and hypocrite.We helped bail France out during 2 world wars and then he goes to quebec to incite them to break away due to the culture divide while at the same time suppressing the same issue in Brittany. Without mention of how he treated the Algerians and spat on NATO.

>A fucking leaf

Kill yourself. De Gaulle wanted what was best for France, not to be another puppet of the Anglo world empire

> car is sprayed with machine gun fire
> he brushes fragments of broken glass as he yells ENCORE FILS DE PUTAIN
badass desu

Why did he side with Anglos and not with Hitler then?

I have super-mixed opinions on him desu.

He did what he thought was right but what he thought was right was not 100% right.

How was French prestige and independence harmed by coordinating their efforts with NATO? They still had to deter a Soviet Invasion with or without the help of their allies and with the help of their allies they would gain military secrets and can ply their efforts more efficiently. It is not as though NATO wanted complete control over their entire military.

this, he was an ungrateful asshat

In the end it didnt even matter and at the end of the day NATO and de gaulle knew that if there ever was military conflict thered be no question of them fighting together. Besides that afaik western europe was indefensible in the event of a conventional land war against the USSR so the idea of nato was a bit of a joke and more to prevent the wwst on turning on each other like the nazis did than actually offering a real def nse vs the soviets. Finally niclear war made the idea of a military cooperation obsolete when the two superpowers cab bomb themselves and the world to oblivion. And given that de gaulle took france nuclear he could do just the same, though not to the insane degree us and ussr arsebals could do to the world

>Canada
>helping

I guess some fucking leafs died, good job. Literally nobody would've noticed it if Canada wasn't there.

Because his nation was literally invaded by Germaniggers? You don't need to like germans to dislike anglos. You don't need to like or be "grateful" towards anglos when literally the only reason they're "helping you" is that continental strong powers scare them.

You might hate him if you're american, but he was a true patriot who always did what was right for his country, and that meant he hard to be uncompromising.

>best for France
Which France, mon ami?
Pic related

coward leader of a coward nation

A "good" fascist

Vichy France > de Gaulle's cuckold republic

>You might hate him if you're american
The average American has never heard of this guy.

if vichy continued to exist it would have been a guaranteed cuck of germany

algayrians had it coming

Modern France is a guaranteed cuck of Algerians and niggers who infest it.

Fuck off

bump

bump 2.0

Cool man whose entire life was a movie

>ENCORE FILS DE PUTAIN
what does it mean

do it again sons of whores

Perhaps, but I think he's where Americans got the stereotype that French people are insufferably arrogant (which he was). But just because you're kind of a prick it doesn't mean that you're a bad leader necessarily. De Gaulle was instrumental in rebuilding France after the WWII.

>Bastien-Thiry n'a rien fait de mal!

butthurt jean pierre.

Hw as the biggest cuck to come from a country which never had any shortage of cucks. What a disaster for France. And to think this gaylord is being held as a model of authoritarian patriotism or something - what a joke!

>invaded
lol britcucks and french declared on germany, france invaded germany and helped dividing it between the jewish puppets.

He was a prideful, egotistical cunt who constantly pissed off his "allies". However one of those allies (Roosevelt) was trying to destroy French sovereignty and Churchill was going along with him since they (rightfully) viewed the Americans as a more valuable ally than the French in 1942-1944.
Hell, Roosevelt tried to de-legitimize de Gaulle's provisional government for France two days before Overlord despite him and his government having support from all the French.

A great man that fought against both German barbary and Anglo perfidy for the sake of his country.

Bump

true, this retarded traitor gifted algeria to the arbs, OAS did NOTHING wrong

Slow down there Jean-Marie

daily reminder that Charles De Gaulle tried to convince an international court that lobsters can't walk so French fisherman could catch them in Brazil's territorial waters

Based

This only made me love him moar

Tell me more. What a guy.

global rule 3

i would user, i would

You need to go back.

read the sticky

>Issue ultimatum telling Germany not to do a thing
>if you do the thing we war you
>Germany does the thing
>Somehow Britain and France are the bad guy