I've always felt like 2006 was the last "old school" year while 2007 was the start of something new...

I've always felt like 2006 was the last "old school" year while 2007 was the start of something new. Anyone else got that feeling as they were experiencing those years?

Yes.

Thread belongs on Reddit

whenever gay marriage got legalized and shortly afterwards the gender dysphoria shit became mainstream

>For the purpose of determining what is history, please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago.

Still trying to figure out the meme singularity?

>2007 so ancient
new low for this board

>tfw old enough to be thread on Veeky Forums

25 year rule
Fuck off faggot

Recession. Also 25-year-plan--er I mean rule.

probably for Veeky Forums

for every else it was shit then as it is now. Only difference is we still had hope to be destroyed.

I feel like the cultural zeitgeist (at least as I've observed it) shifted around 2009-2011.

25 year rule dumbass

same, but I think this is simply my subjective perspective since it coincides with my high school years

I know that feeling but that's because I graduated from high school in 2007.

I've always felt weird about people who only notice popculture in an era. It's always shit like videogames and music and movies, which is retarded. It's like people who lived in nazi Germany only remembering it as "that period where jazz went out of fashion".

nah it started in 2008

It never shifted. It's the same shit there was in the 1990s.

I somehow feel the same way, OP. I've thought about this before too. I think for me starting my YouTube account in 2007 is what marks the transition.

I guaran fucking tee you in less than a decade people will be saying similar shit about 2011/2012

Normies already say the same thing about 2016 due to racist sexist Drumpf getting elected, Brexit happening, memes becoming reality, a bunch of celebrities who took a lot of drugs "unexpectedly" dying, etc.