Tfw we will never see a real battle using swords and shields on video

>tfw we will never see a real battle using swords and shields on video
doesn't anyone else sort of want to see that? a genuine battle, or a real sword fight where it's actually for their lives/country? the intensity must be really ridiculous.

youtube.com/watch?v=QhF1i23vwps
even stuff like this must be nothing like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AkrSnSCgfmM
youtube.com/watch?v=3w9htCnYSGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hey guys I have an idea to empty out guantanamo

On full armor like pic related it would be either two autist trying to stab through the gaps on the armor which is pretty boring OR would be a bunch of autist with blunt weapons like pikes and maces brutally hitting each other in a manslaughter.
Oh I just opened the video and yeah exactly like in your vid but of course people would get skull fractures and pretty bad wounds.

Here you go OP
youtube.com/watch?v=AkrSnSCgfmM

why's he wearing a jousting helmet?

It's an armet. It's for both war and tournament.

Either way its not a proper helmet for armed combat on foot.

>tfw it'll never be ethical to put deathrow inmates in a gladiator style arena competition for instant release for the victor

Thank god we moved to guns ,swords are fucking scary.
youtube.com/watch?v=3w9htCnYSGw

Why?

I don't know about the actual practicality of it, I just mean its not "proper" in that its a helmet specifically designed for a man on horseback, and it looks to me to be a jousting specific one aswell. Knights of the late middle ages would have ideally had a different helmet for different situations (usually just 2 or 3). Then again, that idea might be as universal as the idea that knights always had some degree of martial prowess due to rigorous training since childhood (they didn't)

They are most definitely not trying to kill each other. as intense as this is

Outside of specific jousting helmets like frogmouths, there's no such thing as a "helmet specifically designed for a man on horseback". What does he do if he gets unhorsed or has to dismount? Run away or have his squires rush through the middle of the battle to deliver a new one? Fighting in an armet would be no different to fighting in a sallet. The English have tons of armets/close helms and they fought almost exclusively on foot.

Here's Toby Capwell fighting on foot, in an armet. But what does he know?

Armets and close helmets were commonly found on field armour. In general people did not wear armour that was only good for one thing on the field since it would frequently happen that a knight would be dismounted and had to fight on foot.

How soulless war has become now that you don't have to stare into the eyes of the men you kill.

If people would voluntary fight in gladiator battles, I would watch.

riot police in China use spears you know

most people would watch that.

>Wearing nasal helms
>No body armor
>At least wear a fucking gambeson
>Using sharp blades
>Cleaving into your opponent
>Wearing spiderman costumes
Wtf did I just watch?

well, let's get the ball rolling then