Any miners here?

I've never even considered mining until last night. I have £30000 to invest in machines. Is this a good starting point? Will £30000 worth of ASICs turn me a nice profit and how quick will my investment pay itself off? How much per day will I spend on electricity? Will the police raid my house thinking I'm growing weed? If the feds know I'm mining will I need to pay taxes? What websites/videos should i watch to learn more? Any advice will be much appreciated lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

new.nicehash.com/marketplace
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No point anymore the mining age is over too many chinks with super farms so don't bother with it

Kys

Get raped by a pack of niggers

He doesn't have to mine Bitcoin. There's other alts that are more profitable

Kys you'reself'vere

Maybe in combination with renewable energy. It would take a hell of a lot of solar panels, probably. Once you make enough profit to pay for the solar panels, you're basically using free electricity.
&yeah there is the part where you have to get coins from the block while competing with super farms

Mining is the cheapest way to acquire a coin, also the slowest.

If mine, hodl, and pay out of pocket for the electricity, you are looking at 5x gains.

Keep disappointing your stepdad

just buy btc or hashing power senpai

Buy hashing power? Is that a thing?

new.nicehash.com/marketplace

Honestly, I'd avoid ASIC mining. Very hard to be competitive in ASIC-mineable coins these days without massive capital. Go with GPU rigs and be willing to treat it like a job. Monitor the markets, run spreadsheets to make sure you're always mining the most profitable coin at the moment, ensure that you're always using the best mining software for those coins.

If you're into speculation (gambling), you can even monitor the new coin announcements and point your rigs at anything that looks promising at day 0. Risky, but potentially high rewards.

Ethereum switches to PoS by November too, so it's not that profitable anymore unless a PoW coin with low hashrate goes at the top 50 of CMC.

No it is not.

It will me full 2 more years before PoS. If it even happens.

Fucking cheers lad, I'll look into this

It seems they only do BTC, ETH or zcash

only mine? nah mate they have markets for 30 different algos. i use them to mine brand new shitcoins all the time.

Yeah i see now, sorry, I had a brainfart

Quick question. Say for example I buy 100 Tera Hashes, is that mine until I sell or does it get used up? So basically am i buying a constant 100 TH/s or just 100 THs

you're buying a constant hashrate. you set how much btc per hash per day you want to spend and set a speed limit (eg 100TH/s). then it'll just keep mining until you run out of funds or the market will change and the going hashrate price will go up and miners will ignore your contract until you adjust your price up.
it sounds pretty complicated but i'd suggest signing up and going through the process a few times because that's the easiest way to learn. you don't even need funds in there to try out the process.

goddamn that's some horrible writing. i really need to stop smoking weed.

I do have a concern though. Why would anyone rent their equipment out for less than they thought they could make on their own? I admit I don't know much about mining, but my scam detector just started to go off.

why would you mine shitcoins when you can just sell the electric your making and gamble on them?

Basically, miners are selling their hashing power for relatively reliable income. Buyers are betting on a coin of their choice increasing in value beyond what they have paid for that hashing power. So its gambling. Wouldnt I be better off spending £30000 on mining equipment and selling some of my hashrate?

>less than they thought they could make on their own
they don't
they charge a slight premium which for most of us is still cheaper than the running costs of setting up our our own rigs. you've got to understand this hashing power is coming from farms with ridiculous amounts of machines and generally rock bottom or even free electricity. it's an economy of scale deal going on.