Let's talk about depression

Let's talk about depression.

I believe that when people with depression stay still and don't do anything to get their lives back on track, it only worsens depressed later on, like a vicious cycle. But when people with depression try to do something, they rediscover that society can be very cruel, and this only fuels the depression. This is why I have come to the conclusion that depression is a social disease. Of course, it has a biological component (lack of serotonin). But the fundamental cause is society. This explains the NEET phenomenon. People choose to stay away from society and temporarily protect themselves in the warmth of their homes, even if this means that depression will eventually come back stronger.

Is depression a disease of modern society, or has it always been this prevalent in the population since prehistoric times? I believe it's the latter case. Society used to be even more cruel than it is today. Depression receives a lot of attention today because information travels faster and more and more people begin to understand their condition. Yet a definitive treatment doesn't exist. Antidepressants control the symptoms, but if the patient doesn't solve the underlying cause, depression will eventually come back.

What can we do to make society less cruel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1a94Kpkku94
youtube.com/watch?v=l7hfZLTjTSs
youtube.com/watch?v=NZ0MGj1jAoc
youtube.com/watch?v=RBV89c0kMpU
youtube.com/watch?v=BEzhGJ0nJDg
youtube.com/watch?v=U4mgZXylbIA
youtube.com/watch?v=gbKAefBxKVg
youtube.com/watch?v=rUnk0-7gbwM
youtube.com/watch?v=m53HSux40Ck
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Work has been a proven cure for depression. Get a job. My life improved 10 fold simply by moving out and working a part time job making 300 a week.

fuck work.

This is the only real cure for depression.

Work isn't a wage slave job, although that's what I picked. Work is that, its work. It's not doing nothing all day choosing to wallow in solitude.

One think you realize when you come out of your depression was all along you are literally choosing to feel that way and you can stop at any time.

Major Depression is a combination of chemical I'm balanced in the brain and a feeling oh hopelessness. The mental imbalance starts the ball rolling but its the feeling of hopelessness that validates the suspicions your ill mind concocts.

To that end, change is the most important aspect of fighting depression.

It doesn't even have to be a major life change. Studies have shown that simply doing things you don't routinely do is enough to give you the feeling that "hey, maybe everything ISN'T going to stay the same".

I don't think depression has its roots in society but social norms do have an effect. For example I think depression has been a thing for humans since the dawn of our existence but it's really become widespread because a)it wasn't successfully reported and identified before this century, and b) people didn't have time to revel in their depression a hundred years ago. When most peoples' loves were an everyday struggle for survival people with depression could just throw themselves into their work and the daily grind- depressed people are very good at keeping up with the bare minimum and the status quo. Technology has given mankind the breathing room to reflect on things like "why do I constantly feel shitty and unmotivated".

I should add I fervently believe depression is the native state of human beings, or any sentient beg for that matter, maybe not sentient but inquisitive like human beings are. If you cannot keep occupied you fall to your base setting of depression, this won't happen to everyone over their lifetime.

There is a reason why CBT is a major cure for depression and CBT is simply changing your thought patterns, literally not thinking about it.

the idea that using your mind makes you depressed is entirely a nihilistic western concept dating to like the 1700's

>What can we do to make society less cruel?
NEETs, wizards, trannies, etc. aren't normal people. The best thing society can do is lessen the stigma of suicide.

I think you're correct. I've been a NEET most of my life, and I've only held down to jobs. One was two months, and the other was eight months. During those periods I was at my happiest. My reason was that I had some income I could use to buy pleasures (be it vidya, supporting small bands, figurines, manga, etc.).

That may be true about part-time jobs, but people with full-time jobs have to obey social rules and put up with a fuckton of bullshit.

>Is depression a disease of modern society, or has it always been this prevalent in the population since prehistoric times?

Depression is so prevalent in modern society because most of civilization is infested with mono-theists who all worship a false god. Since the god is false and always has been, people lose faith in it because it doesn't exist and never has. When they lose faith in the false god (or never had it in the first place) they have trouble finding psychological comfort filled by spirituality.

Fortunately, most of the monotheists get to go straight to hell for their unrepentant crimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=1a94Kpkku94

So you're a polytheist?

>Of course, it has a biological component (lack of serotonin). But the fundamental cause is society.
The severe lack of serotonin and whatever causes it is not present in the general population whereas exposure to cruelty is, so cruelty can't be the fundamental cause of clinical depression.

take your meds

is there a reason you like Last Christmas so damn much?

>is there a reason you like Last Christmas so damn much?

It's not bad for a Christmas pop song - but I'm not a HUGE fan of it - it just is of prophetic importance due to George Michael's death on December 25th.

youtube.com/watch?v=l7hfZLTjTSs

>So you're a polytheist?

Polytheist/animist/theosophist - the one thing I'm definitely not is ok with is devil worship.

Who are your prophets?
What kind of change are you trying to bring about by posting here and making videos on youtube?

Are there any studies on depression in the west compared to the middle east/Asia?

I suspect the materialism and destruction of traditional values in the west plays a big role.

>take your meds

Sorry, you lose, God wins.

youtube.com/watch?v=NZ0MGj1jAoc

>What kind of change are you trying to bring about by posting here and making videos on youtube?

I got nothing better to do so I just point out the truth to people. Your governments are too irresponsible to take an Imperial Cult representative seriously so I chat on the internet.

I attribute the modern plague of depression to mono"theist" iconoclasm.

youtube.com/watch?v=RBV89c0kMpU

I'm willing to take you seriously but when you try to obfuscate your message in such a mediocre way you're going to lead people to believe that you have nothing at all to say.
Is there a reason why governments should take the 'Imperial Cult' seriously?
Is there some impending disaster that will occur if worship in the "Imperial Cult' doesn't occur?

>Is there some impending disaster that will occur if worship in the "Imperial Cult' doesn't occur?

Of course, most humans have been sentenced to soul death and/or damnation for treason against God. The absolute and total destruction of all Moses/Muhammad worship is as non-negotiable today as it was 2000 years ago when Jesus ordered it destroyed.

I'm the owner of this planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=BEzhGJ0nJDg

How do I avoid soul death and/or damnation?
I worship my ancestors and commit idolatry, is that enough?

>I'm willing to take you seriously but when you try to obfuscate your message in such a mediocre way you're going to lead people to believe that you have nothing at all to say.

There's no obfuscation - your incognizance is not the same as me obfuscating. I am, unambiguously, the Son of God - that's not obfuscating. The US Government and pretty much all its employees will spend eternity in hell for treason and terrorism. That's a good reason to pay attention to divine authorities and to stop posing as them.

youtube.com/watch?v=U4mgZXylbIA

>most of civilization is filled with monotheists
O_o

>>most of civilization is filled with monotheists
>O_o

Most of the universe isn't. You think very human-centric.

youtube.com/watch?v=gbKAefBxKVg

It is eastern too, thinking leads to suffering in many eastern philosophies

earth is incredibly polytheistic. Has been since the beginning, even the staunch monotheists fall into polytheist traps.
>a multitude of rulers is not a good thing, let there be one ruler, one King.

what's the imperial cult's official stance on the rest of wham's catalog? bad boys & wham rap especially, don't want to risk soul death here yknow

I disagree, work alone isn't gonna do shit, most people are depressed because They lack a proper tribal unit (fullfilling social life)

You can have all the suppport in the world and still come up with great reasons as to why it's not enough to help if you're depressed enough

Good for you, prole.
I had a major depressive episode, and very quickly was given one of these bullshit government back to work scheme jobs. Working a full-time, unskilled and soul-crushing warehouse job, and effectively working for free (welfare plus a pittance) was even worse than not having any work at all, I'm afraid to say.

>what's the imperial cult's official stance on the rest of wham's catalog?

It's more divine than 90%+ of the Bible - that's for damn sure. However, I'm not a big Wham fan - but I don't pick who prophets are - that's for the serious theologians like Elijah.

youtube.com/watch?v=rUnk0-7gbwM

How did the Imperial Cult come to acquire such divine knowledge?
How can we, the uninitiated, embark on this journey?

>How did the Imperial Cult come to acquire such divine knowledge?
>How can we, the uninitiated, embark on this journey?

IDK - it's just my fate. I was an atheist when I started my sub for Imperial Cult and only then did I discover I am a god. But I know growing up and in early college I had the philosophy that matters of the soul are the single most important thing a man can concern himself with - so that probably has something to do with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=m53HSux40Ck

Really made me think

Work has been a driving factor in my depression. Don't talk for anyone but yourself.