Were priests the original autists?

This is not a knock on them. I'm just thinking if you were awkward, introverted, and not really good with people you'd probably join the Church right?

>Celibate, wears the same thing every day
>Spend each day doing repetitive, detail-oriented work
>Recite obscure Biblical facts from memory

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Athos
masstimes.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_order_(monastic_society)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Strict NoFap

I don't know how that would supersede field work

There's no life like the monk life.

except when there's a castrato nearby

they even invented memes

That's great. I like to think a monk from the 1200s could time travel to now and understand frog memes.

damn

the knight on the bottom left reminds me of that blond chad with the neon clothes meme.

Don't forget they loathed women and considered them to be a cross between subhuman cattle and literal demons.

This is only in the later medieval period. Early on, priests used to get married and have kids and shit until Gregory VII ruined it with his moralfaggotry.

That does not sound like correct theology dude, but im open to being convinced if it was a thing of for eg. the Frankish kings and their strange versions of Xianity.

everyone ITT is actually talking about monks, specially monastic monks.

unless they are virgins like the virgin Mary of course

>started first orphanages
>ran schools
>ran hospitals

the way people throw the word autism around here.
Everything is autism.

>implying there's not still a community of strict autists talking about esotericism all day
Trust me, this is beautiful: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Athos
>Also in use is Byzantine time, in which the day commences at sunset as does the liturgical day[note 3] and not at midnight as in the reckoning of civil time, and the difference between the two varies according to the season of the year. Because the time interval from sundown to sundown is not constant, clocks showing the Byzantine time require continual manual readjusting which in current practice is done weekly, on Saturday, if the sky is clear; where the summit of Athos is visible
>Besides the traditional occupations (agriculture, fishing, woodcarving, spirit distillation, iconography, tailoring, book binding etc.) new occupations have been taken up, for example taxi driving, couriers, car repairing and computer services.
>The monks strongly objected to Greece joining the Schengen Area based on fears that the EU would be able to end the centuries-old prohibition on the admittance of women.[45] The prohibition is unchanged and a special permit is required to enter the peninsula. The monks are also worried that the agreement could affect their traditional right to offer sanctuary to people from Orthodox countries such as Russia.[45]
>There is a prohibition on entry for women, called avaton (Άβατον) in Greek, to make living in celibacy easier for men who have chosen to do so.[33] Monks feel that the presence of women alters the social dynamics of the community and therefore slows their path towards spiritual enlightenment.
It's literally perfect. Shame the normies can't enjoy it with them.

I remember hearing a theory about how the priesthood was developed by early human civilizations as a way to prevent the weaker males of the tribes from mating and passing on their beta genes.

Sounds like horseshit

Ah yes, one of the great /pol/ theories from the research team of lookism + the bro scientists association

No, we wuz warriors an shiet

>detail-oriented work

Why is this autism?

You're probably thinking of monks.

Priests have to be normie-tier, honestly. They are the leaders of their parish (usually thousands of people), they deal with the problems of every parishioner, they are out there to evangelize the normies, etc.

t. cousin is a priest and I'm studying to be one

Doesn't make sense since many priesthoods are allowed to marry and have children, or, in some cases, are expected to marry.

What denomination?

I want to go to church this week but am nervous

Roman Catholic

What are you nervous about? Go for it, user. :)

Try to find a church near you: masstimes.org/

I saw a vision of a sentient G moving around last night and then a picture of Jesus in my right eye.

Scitzo but whatever man I'll take it. Sounds like the go anyway.

I'm Anglican though desu

>Scitzo but whatever man I'll take it. Sounds like the go anyway.
It could definitely be a sign.
Prayer is key, m8. You can do it whether you go to an Anglican community or a Catholic church. Although I dislike the path that Anglicanism has been on lately.

You should try talking to your priest about this.

If you need someone else to talk to, my Discord is: bolek#2233

We have Christian servers you can join. :D

Sent you a thing

Don't have a priest.

>Although I dislike the path that Anglicanism has been on lately.
What do you mean?

>the virgin monk
>the chad knight

Not him, but it's been getting more and more liberal, especially in the US. It's abandoning traditional theology to appease liberal demographics. The Episcopal Church even had an openly atheist bishop.

As a side note, their vestments are tacky.

t. orthodox

Actually prayer will do fuck all. Take meds that science created instead

The obsessiveness of it all. Autists that don't regress into screeching manchildren are basically robots. I have autism, and when I knuckle down to a task I feel locked into it to the point that I can't properly respond to the environment around me. People become shadows and sounds become static. That's why I am 26 and terrified of driving a car.

Smells Satanic...

I wouldn't go that far, it's just clear that they don't view Christianity as a truth passed down from the Apostles. It's modernist theology, a cancer upon doctrinal orthodoxy.

Fought a war over it man. What could go wrong?

A prayer space for Muslims is actually a good idea if the denomination is ecumenical.

>ecumenical
If by "ecumenical", you mean "not Christian"

Either they think Christ is the Truth, or they don't, it's that simple.

Forcing heathens out is unchristian and not the way to win converts.

Neither is encouraging them to not follow Christ.

The Quran literally describes Jesus as the perfect person and exhorts Muslims to follow His example. You are getting hung up on relatively minor theological differences.

>"Jesus is God"
>minor theological difference

No, the original autists were the sramanas. Buncha fucking yoga hippies.

Who thought it was cool to raise their hand and never let it down for years? Who thought it was cool to never cut your finger nails or your hair or never shower?

Jesus Christ.

>nontrinitarianism
>guess this invalidates most apostolic churches that didn't conform to Nicea

All the Apostolic Churches conform to Nicea.

>Jesus is the perfect person
>kill / convert those who live in his image

???

All these threads ignore that most monks also had to take part in the same backbreaking manual labour and farm work as the peasants, had to eat and sleep together with no privacy and were given clothing and bedding meant to be as uncomfortable if not outright painful possible.

Most non-christian priestly traditions permit marriage and reproduction.

Hell, judaism's priesthood is hereditary.

you forgot
>Preserve the flame of Western civilization through a dark age

Good luck bro. Never thought I'd 'meet' a priest on Veeky Forums.

I never implied autists were weak. There are a ton of bodybuilders, MMA fighters, athletes that are spergy as can be.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_order_(monastic_society)
Fucking betas and their chimpouts, they ruined everything as always.

AUTISM IS DIRECTLY CORRELATED WITH NOBILITY; NOBILITY IS A PREREQUISITE FOR A MONASTIC/EREMITIC LIFESTYLE, THEREFORE, MANY MONKS, PRIESTS, PRIESTESSES, AND NUNS, ARE, AND HAVE BEEN, AUTISTIC, AND SUCH LIFESTYLE SELECTS FOR AUTISTIC INDIVIDUALS.

I didn't say you did. It's just in response to people who think being a monk is the ultimate NEET life where you do nothing except live in a comfy monastery and scribble proto-memes in manuscripts.

This is the most autistic thing I've read today

Aten