Opinions of Frederick the great?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_de_la_Tour_d'Auvergne,_Vicomte_de_Turenne
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was great

overrated boy-fucking pansy.

>tfw frederick fled three times in the same battle against the austrians during the seven years war

Frederick II was not that great, though he thought of himself as such.

you mean FAGderick the great?

Napoleon thought he was the greatest general every and modeled his aggressiveness after Fritz. He wasn't perfect, but he achieved things logistically and militarily that few have and basically gave the Prussians, and all modern militaries, their doctrine of taking initiative and being aggressive, which was somewhat lost on European armies, even after Gustavus Adophus and Eugene of Savoy had used such simple tactics alread.

Would you say that because of Frederick II the state of Germany was eventually founded?

>gets buttblasted reading Machiavelli
>writes an entire essay just to prove centuries-dead Machiavelli wrong
>his actions IRL are actually Machiavellian and he does everything Machiavelli would've recommended
autism

Haha he gay. His daddy sent his gay lover away so he cried about it like the gay boy he was.

>autism

*German

Well he did solidify Prussia in Europe but he also put them into deep shit at times. Its difficult to know what Prussian history would be-- without him. And European history at that.
So Yes

Who's Eugene of Savoy and what did he do?

austrian general who BTFO the french and the turks especially. made the austrians the masters of central europe and a real player in the balkans.

in the sense that prussia created germany i suppose. if you are going that far back though, you could argue a whole myriad of factors. personally i blame napoleon and the french for awakening german nationalism

Oh is he the banished manlet one?

This

yep, that's the one.

Why did he get banished again? Saw something on him on youtube but don't really remember it

>greatest general ever
One of the greatest. Specifically, Nappy sites Alexander, Hannibal, Caeser, Adolphus, Turenne and Freddy as the greatest generals of history

yeah, uh, close enough heh

a bunch of shit went down in louis XIV's court, his mom got caught up in it and was accused of poisoning a number of people, including one of louis XIV's mistresses. i am bit sketchy on the details myself though

>Turenne
Who?

Ah yeah I remember now. Wasdn't she a jacobite or something?

cool stuff really

>gay
>autistic
Just another German

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_de_la_Tour_d'Auvergne,_Vicomte_de_Turenne

More like Frederick the GAY!
Seriously though, anyone who thinks that Voltaire was smart is an idiot.

He won a war on 3 fronts, need I say more?

a faggot

I don't know, to have God kill the Tzar and have the pro-German one inherit is pretty great

>make a denouement of Machiavelli
>become the most Machiavellian fuck out there

basically every post in this thread sums up to "he's German"

To be fair that was before his father killed his boyfriend.

After that he's all like "maybe Mach has a point"

I wanted to have a water jet in my garden: Euler calculated the force of the wheels necessary to raise the water to a reservoir, from where it should fall back through channels, finally spurting out in Sans Souci. My mill was carried out geometrically and could not raise a mouthful of water closer than fifty paces from the reservoir. Vanity of vanities! Vanity of geometry!

I like how he started the trend of Kings wearing military uniforms. Very Veeky Forums. It was also cool how he differentiated the culture of France from the French government and had no problem kicking their ass while spreading their fashions and styles.

>hiring scientists/mathematicians to do an engineer's job

butthurt about polacks
easy depressed
faggot
lucky

fagass dickhead piece of shit. Fuck him

>He cired about his childhood friend dying
Non-homosexual love between males is a new concept to you it seems

He was min-maxing when everyone else was roleplaying. Had some trouble managing AE, but allying Britain is actually helpful in real life.

One of the greatest leaders in world history. Anyone who almost singlehandedly brings their state up to Great Power status and rules it successfully for decades with a high standard of living and helps make it a flourishing cultural center while giving it a military reputation that lasted centuries afterwards deserves the sobriquet "the Great". Yes, he did worked off of what his father gave him but Frederick had the ambition, military ingenuity, leadership and luck needed

>butthurt about polacks
but he was right tho

Great guy. Held of almost every major country in Europe.

>kicks ass everywhere he goes all the time
>gets clipped by a lucky cannonball and dies

man, can you imagine how pissed off his staff must have been

A true philosipher king, Prussia wouldn't have existed without him.
Anyone got any good books on him?

Yeah senpai "The Magnificent Enigma" is the best book I have read about him.

about?

what can I say

he created Prussia