ENIGMA HACKED

Hackers gained access to their website/database and slack admin accounts. enigma.co/ They gained access to their website and uploaded a fake "presale" page up with static eth/btc address. etherscan.io/address/0x29D7d1dd5B6f9C864d9db560D72a247c178aE86B blockchain.info/address/1CV5eB4LMfF5Myq8yz1mUgBDvDHhfFU9ut Slack page was locked up and spammed with these scam addresses/links. They gained access to the newsletter as well and been spamming everyone. Do not send any money. It's a scam! So many people already lost their money. The webpage was taken down and now they're emailing people to donate to their ETH address now "because too much traffic on the webpage".
Right now about $450K USD have already been scammed from people.

karma is back bitches. You closed registration for me and you get hacked

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptocurrencyfreak.com/2017/08/21/enigma-hacked-website-slack-newsletter-services-compromised/
web.archive.org/web/20170821123708/http://www.businessinsider.sg/ethereum-price-ico-hack-2017-7/
reddit.com/r/enigmacatalyst/comments/6v1gfo/lost_30_eth/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was an inside job.

More info with screenshots of hacked messages: cryptocurrencyfreak.com/2017/08/21/enigma-hacked-website-slack-newsletter-services-compromised/

>hacked
>retards following a link from the slack and posting there PRIVATE KEY
Kek

>its another eth gets hacked episode
I dont know why the redditors are clinging on to eth so hard when there is a superior smart contract currency at 1/10th the price

I registered for this days ago, never got an email. Then this morning I see an email saying the slack was hacked. Never went in the slack group, so I don't know where I stand. Am I registered or not. Do I even want to buy in now?

Of course you dont buy in

Dude are you dumb?

This shit is finished. Put your money into BNB or hcc. 330k was siphoned out it's legit dead.

>Do I even want to buy in now?

it seems like they deleted their "how to not get scammed in an ICO" medium post lol

"Hacked"

The devs ran with your shit, website and slack hacked back to back? Come on, you can't seriously believe that in this day and age.

eth didn't get hacked, enigma got hacked
eth has never been hacked

They didn't gain access to the website. Someone did a @channel message in the slack with a phishing website that looked similar to the official one.

When you do @channel it sends an email to everyone as if you DMed them.

There was a thread about this yesterday.

THIS WHY MY TIME TO SHINE!
I FINALLY GOT IN EARLY
SPENT 2K ON THIS
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Do you derive some autistic pleasure from lying or are you dumb enough to get scammed 2000 USD.

"enigma" hacked
kek

[spoiler]im fudding so i get more chance to get coins[/spoiler]

>that redditor who lost 30 eth

This is why you use discord

Source?

web.archive.org/web/20170821123708/http://www.businessinsider.sg/ethereum-price-ico-hack-2017-7/

>Here’s one way hackers can be stopped from stealing millions in an initial coin offering
>Enigma’s solution is to hard wire the address of the token sale contract into the Ethereum or bitcoin blockchains when it’s created. Since information on the Ethereum or bitcoin blockchains can’t be tampered with, hackers wouldn’t be able to alter the address.
>Of course, the people behind ICO could be scammers themselves. Therefore, to assure they’re not just faceless crypto-scammers, Enigma is proposing to store two other pieces of information into a multi-sig contract to serve as further proof of address:
>A picture of the team initiating the ICO holding a piece of paper with the smart contract address on it. Social proof that trusted parties approved the address. This can be done by having the parties disclose their public keys on their Twitter feed.
>According to Kisagun, Enigma is looking at ways to employ similar strategies for its upcoming token sale.

A bunch of people seem to think they deserve to get refunded. So many entitled people who don't understand that there are no safety nets in this market.

It's your fucking fault if you didn't have the forethought to double check an eth address under such sketchy circumstances.

I guess even MIT wasn't immune to hacking.

I guess this coin is finished now?
There goes my opportunity.
Anyone got any promising project launching at then end of September to keep an eye on?
Fuck this Enigma amateurs.

This. I fucking love watching idiots lose their money. Especially dumbass whales.

So what check should be done? The address was posted on their actual website after all

Do a social event and hold up a giant banner of the address in person as said in

reddit.com/r/enigmacatalyst/comments/6v1gfo/lost_30_eth/

Someone says they lost 70 eth in same thread

In this case you should go to etherscan and check if it's actually a smart contract. The address was a normal wallet which would have been a big red flag. Also, shortly after the hack etherscan labeled it as Fake_Phishing28 to help warn people.

Honestly I can see how people could fall for it with the official site being hacked and I sympathize with them. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a CoinDash and give those people tokens anyway.

So guys, now that they have your email address what do?

Who cares? Who uses their real email for anything crypto online?

tru, I have a email for all my crypto related stuff and one for personal. I might make a new email and migrate all my crypto related ones over there

You guys were warned when they delayed the ICO to the 9/11.

This is like saying that bitcoin was hacked when Mt Gox was, how stupid are you?