Brythonic Celts thread

Is this what a British Celt warrior would have really looked like?

Other urls found in this thread:

orvillejenkins.com/peoples/germanicceltic.html
quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-the-ancient-Germans-and-the-Celtic-tribes-And-what-is-the-relationship-between-the-Germanic-and-the-Celtic-tribes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glauberg#The_Keltenf.C3.BCrst_.28Celtic_prince.29_of_Glauberg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Needs dark hair

that's not black

xD kangz haha le (((BBC)))
Why?

Welsh people usually have black or brown hair

Thats true that Celtic Britons on average had darker hair than Germanic Celts but its statistically no different to Gaul or modern France(35-50% fair hair)at that time furthermore Roman sources tell us they dyed their hair with lime anyway.

>Germanic Celt

Celts had boring black hair.

The Nords were the ones who had blonde hair.

Degenerates

>On one part the Ancient Britons who were notorious for their rampant homosexuality and bestial urges, free young Britons were said to offer themselves to every foreigner that passed their way, and they were actually indignant when their offer was declined. And it was added that they did not do this out of a shortage of omen. Of all the ancient Celtic peoples they were the most degenerated lot, especially during Roman times.
>And then the Saxonic tribes came, and all the scat-fetish and unclean masochism that they're into.

He'd probably be using a spear instead of a sword.

>hurrdurr the Romans would have never made up vile shit about the people they were trying to subjugate, even though they've done it every single time

They even made it up about other Italians. They claimed the Samnites were cannibals who preferred fucking men and horses and were frightened of their own women as beasts.

Germanic Celt is still an oxymoron.

no different than Iberian Celts , Galatians or the Lepontii

Don't lose your way.

Those are valid concepts, Germanic Celt is not. Germanic refers to Germanic people alone, not the land of Germany.

The first wave of Scyths could be considered Keltic if they're migrating with Macedonians.

I'm done

orvillejenkins.com/peoples/germanicceltic.html

quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-the-ancient-Germans-and-the-Celtic-tribes-And-what-is-the-relationship-between-the-Germanic-and-the-Celtic-tribes

No, that is a modern fantasy depiction.

Celtic is related to Italic

Belgians?

Gaels>Brythons

Something like that

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glauberg#The_Keltenf.C3.BCrst_.28Celtic_prince.29_of_Glauberg

>France(35-50% fair hair)

More like 20-25% (blond, red head, light brown)

t. French

Gauls were blond

While yes, many Celts did have darker hair colours, when going into battle (as I believe is depicted in that figure), they often filled their hair/moustaches with lime (as in limestone, not the fruit), in order to give the characteristic spiky appearance, and the yellow-white colour.

Also is right, he probably shouldn't be wearing trousers, but everything else is not horribly inaccurate.

Oops that last post should be this user:

>Germanic Celts

What would he be wearing instead of trousers?

I thought thats what they always wore. They didnt wear togas.

They sure liked their chariots, boy howdy!

Probably would have had a shitty spear or some javelins and a smaller shield.

One of the most consistent criticism of the Britons was that they were really really impoverished both as tribes and as individuals.

Just a shitty tunic

I can't speak for British Celts but in Ireland and to a certain extent among the Picts what was generally worn was a long belted tunic and a cloak. Some people wore trousers but going from artwork they seem to have been mostly for soldiers and very tight, more like modern leggings than traditional trousers.

so what would you call celts living in Germania ?
The Romans called Cisalpine Gauls Gallia Citerior and considered them gauls even though they lived in Italy.

>tfw the celts turned super saiyan for battle

>What would he be wearing instead of trousers?

Nothing.

Many celtic societies (Gauls, Britons, Helvetii etc) had some warriors that eschewed armour in favour of divine protection and intimidation.

>he probably shouldn't be wearing trousers, but everything else is not horribly inaccurate.

The blue tattoos are just conjecture based in vague Roman descriptions. The super saiyan hairstyle is pure invention.

>preferred fucking men and horses
>and were frightened of their own women as beasts
mad banter

>germanic father
>celtic mother
>???

Original Celts were black

What is Halstatt

Cool. I guess I just saw more drawings of soldiers.

>The super saiyan hairstyle is pure invention.
I know that Romans would say some ridiculous stuff about there enemies when describing them but they did say that celts dyed there hair with limestone and shaved there facial hair into a mustache. I dont think that they would lie about everything.

BTFO

bump