What does Veeky Forums think of the Greatest Musical of All Time?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Greatest Musical of All Time?

Other urls found in this thread:

hamiltonlive.uphero.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Xi2hQPNm1kI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think Rise and Fall of the City of Mahoganny is very good.

I don't think West Side Story is set long enough ago to be Veeky Forums related yet

I wouldn't say it's the greatest musical, but it was great. You can tell they put in a lot of effort to remain accurate for the most part. It just ducks that the tickets were so expensive. They were nearly $200 each.

It's the best musical in my opinion. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack.
>the tickers were so expensive
Wait, are you poor?

It's pretty good.

Why don't people make Operas anymore?
>Inb4 Tenors n shiet
I mean the artform: Operas are basically Musicals with 0 spoken dialogue and everything is sung.

Anglos can't into Opera to save their goddamned lives.

You're getting dangerously esoteric there, friendo.

Oh, you mean like "sung-through" musicals?

This is actually my most favorite musical this decade. I don't care what Veeky Forums says

Not the best but bretty good imo

Its pretty fucking clever and it got the nuances of the day and relationships between the people quite right. Expected nothing, was pleasantly surprised.

Im too poor to go see it. I want a bluray release

Hamilton is pretty good but Miranda can't sing for shit.

You can watch it here if you want:
hamiltonlive.uphero.com/
It starts in an hour and a half.

It's an illegal recording of the show, but it's very high quality.

I fucking agree. The rest of the cast are actual singers/broadway performers. Lin is a rapper, he should've just stayed as the writer/creator. Forcing himself to be the main character wasn't a good idea.

That's not Stomp

Leslie Odom Jr. and Chris Jackson are excellent singers and it highlights how shit Miranda is. His only schtick is he can rap fast but that's about it.

Solid writer but his singing is shite.

>What does Veeky Forums think of the Greatest Musical of All Time?

You mean the greatest musical of all time?

youtube.com/watch?v=Xi2hQPNm1kI

I'm not poor. I got tickets in the orchestra section at a really nice deal. They usually go for around $400, but I was able to get them at a much cheaper price.
I don't like Miranda's voice. It was the same with the Chicago performance. Hamilton's voice was the worst part of the show. It was still amazing though.