Why is Eastern European history so underrated?

Why is Eastern European history so underrated?

It's always: WEST, muh England, muh France, muh Germany. But no one really cares about Eastern Kingdoms and Empires. England was an irrelevant backwater compared to: Poland-Lithuania, Bohemia, Hungary and Muscovy

> England was an irrelevant backwater compared to: Poland-Lithuania, Bohemia, Hungary and Muscovy

Ahahaha what the fuck am I reading?

You were never relevant apart from Hungary and sometimes Poland and Czech republic, Baltic states were always irrelevant backwaters, same as the Balkans and Ukraine

>anglo education

Can anyone recommend a good book in English on Medival Poland?

Anything Norman Davies.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Reminder that anything east of Charlemagne's Empire is irrelevant forever

Czech republic didn't exist before 1993.

"How Poland won the Battle of Britain" by Pavel Zckyzvck

>Ukraine
>literally the birthplace of Indo-Europeans
>irrelevant

You`re right Chernobyl at least spanned S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

>muh vidyagames
Fuck off beta nerd

What a retard you are, just because some prehistoric people originated in the eastern borders of Ukraine 6000 years ago this doesn't make that region relevant, it's like saying East Africa is relevant because humans originated there

Talking about the region

butthurt anglotrash

Because it's boring as hell

There were never humans living in Africa until like the 17th century.

Make me faggot

>Ukraine
>literally the birthplace of Indo-Europeans
Barely, and it's not historically relevant. Western Ukraine is the origin of Slavs tho, and that's an interesting historical topic.

Pipet marshes is a nonsensical theory based solely on linguistic reconstruction, Slavs originated in what is now Czech republic and Eastern Germany.

Something something... Western nations having better access to the high seas... something something... colonialism... something something... more foreign nations including the media juggernaught of the USA having most of its modern origins with influence from western nations.

t. hohol, clearly the one to with the superior race.

>inb4 not medieval

Poland has always been and always will be medieval

>Slavs originated in what is now Czech republic and Eastern Germany.
Source?

>how do I English
Suit yourself nigger

I havn't slept in twentyseven hours, what's your excuse?

Archaelogical research especially pottery. Pripet marshes quickly falls apart when you realize what it's actually based on.

> Slavs originated in what is now Czech republic and Eastern Germany
They clearly migrated into Eastern Germany because the population spoke East German languages up until the 5th century.

this, his shit in general is top notch

Excuse for what, not being a nigger?

Because everything is based on Anglo-German propaganda and the idea of Teutonic Race. And that somehow people of the East are worse.

English history is very boring prior to Industrialization and that's why nothing before is ever mentioned. Kievan Rus, Poland-Lithuania, K. of Hungary, Muscovy all have more interesting history than England. Poles had more advanced technology and laws before West Europe, that's how they escaped Black Death.

You can clearly see English getting uppity ITT. Deep down, they know it's true.

>Anglotrash

>Britbongs couldnt defend their own people on their home turf
>mfw

Poland and Czech were inhabited by Celts and Germanics prior to Slavic expansions.

Weird isn't it? Eastern Europe has always been the crossroads of civilizations and religions, Slavs, Germans, Magyars, Mongols, Turks, Scandies, Orthodoxy, Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam. And as such there's a shitload of interesting conflicts. England is boring as fuck and France too, but France was at least relevant.

Nobody mentioned Poland.

The autochthonic theory still doesn't hold. There were no Slavs in Central Europe before migration period.

There were, pottery proves that outright.
>but muh Germans and Celts
They lived side by side with the Slavs.

>pottery == language
>pottery == ethnicity
Most of the world have close to identical material culture, that doesn't mean we're all American.

I trust pottery more than autistic linguistic reconstructions. Slavs aren't native to Eastern Europe, they expanded there from the west and displaced the original Finnic folk.

MUH EURASIAN STEPPES

>they expanded there from the west and displaced the original Finnic folk.
That might be true east and north of Dnepr, but there's no data on Finns living western than that, to begin with.
>displaced
Assimilated. According to haplogroups, Russians are like 15% Finnish.

>big countries think they're the shit and are willfully ignorant or just uninterested in history beyond the basic outline of their countries
wew, cancel humanity I guess

>Why is Eastern European history so underrated?
Maybe cause it ain't? And they all just useless outback farmlands of irrelevance and human toilet applicants.

I'm getting really sick and tired of your shitposting, cockroach.

can I unironically actually pay you to stop (shit)posting on Veeky Forums?
Would you accept paypal?

>Huge empires fighting over them for centuries
>Won wars against Russia
>irrelevant backwaters

Lol

or you could donate the money to Eastern Europe so we don't need to have threads like this to laugh at them

every dollar buys poor Stashek another toilet scrub and bottle of Domestos

name your price

More relevant than Australia could ever hope becoming.

take that back, yer poofter cunt

Your shithole country is literally only known for having a bunch of weirdly mutated animals, if it vanished tomorrow barely anyone would even notice.

Is he an Aussie roleplaying as a Turk or something?

>Your shithole country is literally only known for having a bunch of weirdly mutated animals
K*rds aren't that famous in the West, outside of their nests in Sweden and Germany.
>if it vanished tomorrow barely anyone would even notice.
I'm sure the Greeks would be thrilled.

Yep he is.

I wish I were surprised but it feels like I've seen everything on this shithole of a website already.

No, they originated in modern day Saxony.

Source? Everyone is talking shit ITT but has nothing to back it up.

Saxony is Eastern Germany dumbass.

How did industrialization occur over there?

PLC laid foundation for it pre-partitions. I imagine Greater Poland got industralized by Prussia after the partitions.

Bohemia was one of the most industrialized regions of Europe throughout 19th century, not sure about the rest.

Poland survived the plague because the spread was determined mostly by late medieval trade routes and mongol expansion. Mongols cut off trade from the black sea to Poland when they brought the plague to Genoan ports in Crimea, and trade typically flowed from East to West not the other way around. This meant that Poland had several years head start to realize what the hell was going on and declare a quarantine. It had absolutely nothing to do with the "superiority" of Polish laws or government.

>It had absolutely nothing to do with the "superiority" of Polish laws or government.
Yeah, no.

It had everything to do with Casimir the Great and his policy.

Poland did have a well-run government that managed to enforce laws and it's border though which does make it superior. Danzig was a major trade port in the Baltic, but it's affect was minimal

literally 5 sec in google

more like they didn't poison their own wells

Literally none of that applies to the Baltic "states".