How German is the British royal family?

How German is the British royal family?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6yAxBGHMlRM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountbatten-Windsor
youtube.com/watch?v=PAwTKH1izyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a branch of House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha so technically a German aristocratic house, but there has been years of marriages with the British nobility so no, not very German.

It will be a Jewish dynasty in a few years thanks to Kate Goldsmith.

>jewish
That would actually be an improvement.

The British don't have a royal family, they have a parliament.

Royal Houses usually are international.
If you look at Louis XIV, you will see that he has more German ancestors than French ones...

I want to man her Germs with my dick

Everything is apparently German on Veeky Forums.

They're opening their Christmas presents on December 24th.

Most European monarchs in the 19th century had a bit of German in them, because there were so many minor German royal houses.

royal = German

German house

Very

Not only that, but to begin with, almost every European royal or noble dynasty sprang from Germanic origins during the Early Middle Ages, on the heels of the Western Roman Empire's collapse. If aristocratic families were originally Italic, Gallic, Iberian, or Brythonic,basically ex-Roman stock, they would have mostly been much less influential than their new Germanic rulership, except on a localized level, and would have had to work their ways up to better social status over generations.

You spelled "usually Danish" wrong. If it wasn't for the The House of Windsor - 1917 Proclamation wouldn't the dynasty actually be transferring from The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (through Prince Albert) to the House Oldenburg through Prince Phillip?

First Danish king in a while so that's nice

Look here please

100% aryan

>a child using the salute of Germany before hitler did anything wrong
>anything

>How German is the British royal family?

I'm ~8% German - 75% British.

youtube.com/watch?v=6yAxBGHMlRM

JACOBITE REVOLUTION FUCKING WHEN

Phillip is House of Glücksburg

Why does the Royal Family still style themselves as Windsor? It should be Mountbatten. You and your children don't take your wife's last name.

I'd prefer a Jacobin one desu

Lancasters and Yorks were English.

Yeah you would you degen

Like I said

>The House of Windsor - 1917 Proclamation

>Our House and Family shall be styled and known as the House and Family of Windsor, and that all the descendants in the male line of Our said Grandmother QUEEN VICTORIA who are subjects of these Realms, other than female descendants who may marry or may have married, shall bear the said Name of Windsor

Might be the Queen is of the male line? Someone will know.

I actually thought it was just "descendants" actually

Fair enough. Thought he was of the Parent house actually.

The real question is, would the British be wise enough to back the Queen if she marched on Parliament and ended the oligarchy

Not so much. Like, obviously still present, but only two major instances of bringing a kraut over, and both were due to them being related to the present English house (Ie. Anne was James II's daughter).

*plutocracy

I mean actually I just found this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountbatten-Windsor
Turns out that the idea of the Male line is a remnant of Primogeniture in an absolute Primogeniture state.

So the main line is called the male line basically

>The British don't have a royal family, they have a parliament.

I'm the King. There's no such thing as a Moses endorsing monarch.

youtube.com/watch?v=PAwTKH1izyc

Yes, our uber empowered elected officials with the capacity to make any law on a whim are subject to oligarchy, please, do go on Chinaman.

They aren't. European royalty is a distinct race that doesn't represent the common people of any country.

My name may be confusing, but I'm not a chinaman.

Anyway, elected officials are oligarchic. If you want to keep teaching kids that Ancient Athens is the birthplace of democracy, then prepared to get btfo and humiliated when you pretend that modern western governments are democratic.

Your legislature is largely oligarchic. Your courts are largely oligarchic. Your military is largely oligarchic. Almost everything about modern western governments is oligarchic.

>Your legislature is largely oligarchic
Yes, congratualtions, organizations have to eventually rise up to a single point, in this case the Parliament, very well done.

>If you want to keep teaching kids that Ancient Athens is the birthplace of democracy, then prepared to get btfo and humiliated when you pretend that modern western governments are democratic.
Democracy in my schools was taught as an example of direct democracy, and our governments are not direct democracies, and all the better for it.

>Your legislature is largely oligarchic. Your courts are largely oligarchic. Your military is largely oligarchic. Almost everything about modern western governments is oligarchic.
See my first point, virtually all forms of organizations on the planet are "oligarchal" under this reading, even things like syndicalism or anarchism have some implied form of hirearchy.

>Yes, congratualtions, organizations have to eventually rise up to a single point, in this case the Parliament, very well done.

Obviously they don't have to rise up to a single point, this isn't monarchy. The question is whether you have a citizen legislature or not; UK does not. It is an oligarchy where the citizenry ritually surrenders power to the House of Commons.

Surrender the name democracy, or enact reform (oh wait you can't enact reform, common citizens have no say in government).

Honesty is the best policy.

>Democracy in my schools was taught as an example of direct democracy, and our governments are not direct democracies, and all the better for it.

There you go, you were taught that democracy came from Athens. Then, you succumbed to a semantic game whereby your teacher called Athens "direct democracy", and made a separate category of "democracy" for your government of choice. Yet, almost everything that made Athens a democracy is absent in your system.

A cursory reading of Aristotle's Politics would show you this. The ancients literally believed that direct elections were an oligarchic institution. That's not to even mention other aspects of government, all of which are deeply oligarchic in modern UK.

>See my first point, virtually all forms of organizations on the planet are "oligarchal" under this reading, even things like syndicalism or anarchism have some implied form of hirearchy.

Cry harder. Fundamentally speaking, if you want to claim the title "democracy" and revel in some pretend democratic glory, you should actually be democratic.

The semantic game is just an attempt to unjustly cover yourself in glory and shit on other nations. Be happy with what you are; this dishonesty is very ugly and leaves you mentally stunted.

Every British Monarch from George I to George VI had virtually 100% German ancestry.

Elizabeth II is arguably only half-German, as her mother, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was from an aristocratic family of English and Scottish ancestry.

Now Charles on the other-hand, is more German than his mother. Phillip is of mostly Danish and German ancestry, which makes Charles roughly 3/4 Germanic and 1/4 British.

Prince William's mother, Diana Spencer, was of an aristocratic family of English ancestry, which makes him majority English.

Catherine Middleton is also virtually entirely English, which makes Prince George barely German at all (at best 1/8th).

TL;DR: The British Royal family has become much less German over the last century.