I just saw Dunkirk and it made me realise I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to history and want to learn about both of...

I just saw Dunkirk and it made me realise I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to history and want to learn about both of the world wars, what's the best way to do this?
A youtube series would be ideal for me but I'm fine reading as well, does anyone have some suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=eaf_1382262528
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB2vhKMBjSxMK8YelHj6VS6w3KxuKsMvT
youtube.com/watch?v=SQux0OTe9sQ&list=PLZxIFAN12m6wmm5K8fPkApSB1F90885hS
youtu.be/7XExjrZxTdk
youtube.com/watch?v=bxK-qR14pVg&list=PLdEBPyoq11-7H07u7iwGM_3l-_QfxFj9B
youtube.com/watch?v=cLgJmyJc9ns&list=PL3H6z037pboH4mumre4pvkJbvmC0ZUDKG
reddit.com/r/ShitWehraboosSay/comments/3tn659/the_greatest_story_never_told_for_good_reason/
youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

liveleak.com/view?i=eaf_1382262528

you're welcome

>youtube series
The best one I know if is for World War I, and that's the Great War; it's an ongoing series that covers the First World War week by week, and goes into a fair amount of detail:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB2vhKMBjSxMK8YelHj6VS6w3KxuKsMvT
^playlist of all their videos in chronological order.

As for books, I come up a bit short, but I'm sure the other anons will have good suggestions.

world war 2 in colour is quite a good series
youtube.com/watch?v=SQux0OTe9sQ&list=PLZxIFAN12m6wmm5K8fPkApSB1F90885hS

14 diaries of the great war is a pretty good ww1 documentary because it covers the war from so many different angles, its on netflix but you could probably find it elsewhere too if you don't have that

I thought Indy was a meme

The War by Ken Burns, WW2 Behind closed Doors, The World at War and The Road to War are all good.

You better take that back right now

youtu.be/7XExjrZxTdk

For the First World War. The Great War series by the BBC in 1964. All black and white but a fantastic overview.

youtube.com/watch?v=bxK-qR14pVg&list=PLdEBPyoq11-7H07u7iwGM_3l-_QfxFj9B

For the Second World War. Can't beat a World at War.

youtube.com/watch?v=cLgJmyJc9ns&list=PL3H6z037pboH4mumre4pvkJbvmC0ZUDKG

>TGSNT

BAHAHAHAHAH!!!
reddit.com/r/ShitWehraboosSay/comments/3tn659/the_greatest_story_never_told_for_good_reason/

Listen to this guy.

If you only watched Nolan's Anglo revisionist movie, you're probably still very ignorant of what really happened at Dunkirk

Here's a short documentary of five minutes that'll teach you all you need to know about it
youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY

Never take anything you see in a "historical" movie originating from an English speaking country as the truth btw

t. someone who didnt watch Dunkirk

Instead of eternally shilling for your channel in any and all threads related to the film could you contribute to the board and actually explain, in reply to related comments, what the Nolan film got wrong?

>For the First World War. The Great War series by the BBC in 1964. All black and white but a fantastic overview.

A fantastic overview, are you kidding me?
Nothing more horrid than WW1 stuff with an Anglo-centric point of view when you know how much less relevant than France and Russia Britain was in that war

Can you please point out what it gets wrong?

The part where it treats Britain rather than France as the main allied nation

It is a British documentary so you would expect the focus to be on Britain. The series doesn't diminish the role of France at all.

For ww2 just go pick up Antony Beevors The second world war

Should be able to find the paperback pretty cheap.

So if Brazil makes a documentary about WW2, it's okay for them to focus mainly on Brazil's role in the war?
Well, maybe. But don't call that stuff "a fantastic overview" then

It is a fantastic series. Have you watched it?

A fatastic serie on Britain's role in WW1
Not a fantastic serie on WW1

Didn't answer the question. Have you watched it?

It gives full episodes to both Russia and France. It does much more than just highlight what Britain was up. This is rightly so as you can't tell the story of the First World War war by just focusing one of its principle actors.

>has an /int/poster actually watched something they are sperging about
You know the answer to this already.